Moparts

NC street outlaws

Posted By: Leon441

NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:43 AM

Roxboro This weekend August 29&30. Open to all states. Who has the baddest street car.

I plan to be there representing Mopar. Probably the only one. Gonna let it all hang out on the no prep surface.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:52 AM

Best of luck to ya Leon
Posted By: D-50

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:58 AM

Leon have you put the NOS on it yet? Or are you just going NA ?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 03:30 AM

Go for it!!! hope for some great results

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 03:37 AM

Been spraying a 36 in the plate and a 20 in the fogger. Responding well. Stepped up the plate. And plan to creep up on the fogger
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 03:38 AM

Good luck Leon, be safe
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 03:58 AM

Good luck Leon, let us know how you make out.
Posted By: duster400

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 04:24 AM

Good Luck, and Be Safe.

Anthony
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 04:24 AM

Quote:

Been spraying a 36 in the plate and a 20 in the fogger. Responding well. Stepped up the plate. And plan to creep up on the fogger

Go get em Leon!
I'm sure you will do well.
Don

Attached picture 8252728-T&T4-26-14.jpg
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 04:46 AM

Quote:

How well?

What ever happened to Junior French? This would be right up his alley
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 07:28 AM

Good luck Leon!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 01:51 PM

Show 'em how it's done! Good luck!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:08 PM

Go gittum Leon!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:11 PM

Hope it goes better than the race they attempted to do at Darlington back in May...they had about 3 cars show up.
No one around here wants to run on an unprepped surface...including me. Hardly a test of who has the baddest "street car".

Any of the cars around this area that are set up to run on an unprepped surface will not go to the track, let alone run eliminations. They are grudge cars.

I get what they are doing...playing off the TV show and all. That's cool and I hope it does well.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 02:50 PM

Quote:

What type of plate are you running to run that small of jet? A 36?

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 05:29 PM

.036 Prock double cross plate. There is nothing keeping one from running a .016 in a plate. I have flowed them with tiny pills and big pills. Ideally you want smaller holes or less holes for small jets. More holes for more jet. When you have small jets for a given bar nitrous will spray hard on the near end when it first hits then even out. When you spray big jets for the bar it will dead head and spray harder on the far end of the bar. That's why I bench spray before going on the motor.

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 06:23 PM

So you are spraying two 36s and about 125-150hp on the plate. With another 150hp in fogger.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/27/14 09:51 PM

Good luck Leon.
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 02:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

How well?

What ever happened to Junior French? This would be right up his alley

hes still around

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 03:18 AM

Quote:

So you are spraying two 36s and about 125-150hp on the plate. With another 150hp in fogger.

I would love to know who considers a .020 pill in a fogger to be 150hp.

150hp on the plate is a lot larger jet than .036. You should know you posted the question on the bullet. Steve gave you a link for his tuneup. Nice try Brad.

Everyone knows a .073-.082 is 150 on a single jet. Two holes half that size together are not going to flow the same. Pie R squared. Just for those following this.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 04:00 AM

Good luck.

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 05:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I would love to know who considers a .020 pill in a fogger to be 150hp.

150hp on the plate is a lot larger jet than .036. You should know you posted the question on the bullet. Steve gave you a link for his tuneup. Nice try Brad.

Everyone knows a .073-.082 is 150 on a single jet. Two holes half that size together are not going to flow the same. Pie R squared. Just for those following this.

Two 45 are 175 and two 54 are 200. That's a 9 spread and your 9 less with 2 36 jets. That's straight from Steve Johnson's jet chart that I got the link too. Nos jet charts call 20's 150. So tell me Leon what do you think your spraying? How many pph?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 12:50 PM

Good luck. Make Moparts proud!

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 12:59 PM

The results are not linear when talking about the diameter in a hole. Steve's site showed two charts. One for trashcan solenoid and one for a standard R. This is with his plate.

The proper way to calculate is with your bottle on scales and is rated in lbs per hour.

Power is made with fuel not nitrous. I do not care to share my tune ups with you.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 02:16 PM

Good luck this weekend Leon. If I can get away Sat. I will be glad to help if you need anything.
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 03:01 PM

good luck, glad to see you got the bottle back
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 03:08 PM

yes good luck leon is the track 1/8

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 03:34 PM

Quote:

good luck, glad to see you got the bottle back

Posted By: JC Childress

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 04:07 PM

Yes, its 1/8 mile. Should be neat. Good luck Leon. I know you have some good gas .....lol

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/28/14 07:28 PM

Thanks for having it.
Posted By: barracuda man

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 08/31/14 02:35 PM

How did you do leon? I wanted to go but to busy working on motor.

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 09/01/14 02:40 AM

It was a no time displayed race. I really liked how the time slips showed only the reaction time.

News is we ran well. Car had too much bite. Kept wandering left in the long wheelstands. Then was difficult to drive on top. Went up on tire pressure sat morning which added to the wheel stands. Kept sneaking up on the preload. Went up another quarter lb. for first round after almost loosing the car. Car went left attempted to pedal and car bounced bad deploying the chute. Had the car to beat and double 0'ed the tree.

Changed 4-link today. Will run a lot more pressure now that we have a better idea with the tires. Mid teens in 60ft should be very easy.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 09/01/14 03:30 AM

Sounds like you had a pretty hard day at the office Leon
better luck tomorrow

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/10/14 05:18 PM

Well this is Round two for me.
Farmington,NC Oct. 10&11.

Car should be a lot more manageable. Or at least it has been. We tried my ole PTC converter that posted my best passes in '05 but it is very tight and very hard to stage with this combo. Worked on the carb but had to run ignition timing higher. Called Kenny at PTC and he said he had something better.Don't know yet but it is much easier to stage and he says it will be just as tight in high gear.

Wish me luck

Leon
Posted By: BPE

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/10/14 07:42 PM

Good Luck Leon.

Rod
Posted By: 80fbody

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/10/14 07:47 PM

Go get 'em!!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/10/14 08:17 PM

getrdone leon have fun
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/10/14 11:37 PM

Quote:

Hope it goes better than the race they attempted to do at Darlington back in May...they had about 3 cars show up.
No one around here wants to run on an unprepped surface...including me. Hardly a test of who has the baddest "street car".

Any of the cars around this area that are set up to run on an unprepped surface will not go to the track, let alone run eliminations. They are grudge cars.

I get what they are doing...playing off the TV show and all. That's cool and I hope it does well.

We have KOTS up here, one show in the spring and one in the fall. They have a great turn out, extremely fast cars, and 15k payout to win.

They had to limit the gangster class to 1/8 mile since the cars were seeing the walls, very intense to watch.

Good luck Leon!!

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/11/14 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

We have KOTS up here, one show in the spring and one in the fall. They have a great turn out, extremely fast cars, and 15k payout to win.

They had to limit the gangster class to 1/8 mile since the cars were seeing the walls, very intense to watch.

Good luck Leon!!

No. Only Seniors is 1/8 mile. Jr and gangster still 1/4. A few of my friends have raced it and won it, look for a Duster in next years event, which will only be one weekend.
It's a different scene no doubt but very fun and VERY REAL! Good luck Leon
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/11/14 02:03 AM

Yeah, your right my bad. It is the senior class.

Will the duster be at spring or fall?

There was a flat black murdered out road runner there this year at the fall KOTS.

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/11/14 02:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah, your right my bad. It is the senior class.

Will the duster be at spring or fall?

There was a flat black murdered out road runner there this year at the fall KOTS.

There will only be one event in 15 and it will be towards the fall, probably a Friday night and a Saturday, one will be prepped so the senior cars can let it all hang out. If things stay on schedule I'll be in Jr n don't plan to be a first round gimme. I love the car but the road runner is Chevy powered

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/12/14 04:18 AM

They called the race early am. A racer rented the track and a bunch of us tested. Not sure I like the new converter. 60 ft is close on paper but front wheels hitting clocks where rears were before. The 330 seams to be down. But mph is slightly better and a lot less slip.

Would like to try the UCC 8" tightened up.

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/14/14 02:50 PM

Why did they call it off?

Re: Roxboro NC street outlaws - 10/14/14 05:03 PM

weather man called for heavy rain showers that afternoon.
© 2024 Moparts Forums