Moparts

How Much??

Posted By: Dduster

How Much?? - 08/04/14 07:11 AM

Went to the Fox Hunt at Sac Raceway yesterday and saw a S-10 Pickup with a blower and it was really neat so today I'm infatuated with blower motors. I know ... shouldn't be How much to convert 500" rb motor to blower and is the hardware just pistons, cam, manifold, supercharger, pulleys? I'm thinking $4K am I way too low? I can make the headers .. big deal huh ?? Are blower cars consistent to anyone's experience? I see them in S/Pro in a blue moon and I ran a blown dragster once but they go so damn fast and seem to be really fickle? I'd like a 8.50 car but without the pain when an 8.50 n/a motor goes south and I like the rump, rump blown idle sound and they do straight up nasty burnouts. Bad case of Blower Envy
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How Much?? - 08/04/14 08:38 AM

for me just the following, it was a used Littlefield 14-71 blower tuned up (by Littlefield) with a new snout, carb adapter, complete blower drive, blower carbs, crank hub with crank trigger and used blower intake. $7500 Then add more for the shipping.

Re: How Much?? - 08/05/14 03:53 PM

Darn,.. looks like the 'go cheap' blower conversion ain't gonna happen. Sounds like $9/$10K when done. Thanks for the input.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: How Much?? - 08/05/14 04:06 PM

A 14-71 is a huge blower, you should be able to do a 6-71 or 8-71 for that money if you shop around.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: How Much?? - 08/05/14 06:13 PM

I've built and dyno tested several different roots type supercharged motors, two 426 type Hemi with 10:71 and two Chevy ,one BB and one SB, both with 6:71. A 500 C.I. motor needs at least a 10:71, a 12:71 would be better Rotor speed plays on how hot the air inlet temps get to be on the run, cooler air is much denser and makes more power than hot air. The higher the pressure with a small blower the hotter the air, the same pressure with a larger blower will have cooler air under the blower Call Littlefield and talk to them before deciding
Posted By: therocks

Re: How Much?? - 08/05/14 08:02 PM

There was a Dakota at Carlisle a few years ago runnign twin blowers.It was a wild setup.Idled funny but when the pedal was pushed it screamed.Rocky
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How Much?? - 08/06/14 04:20 AM

If you were doing a chevy engine then yes you could do it fairly cheap as there a lot of cheaper parts on racing junk.

Re: How Much?? - 08/06/14 03:55 PM

Quote:

If you were doing a chevy engine then yes you could do it fairly cheap as there a lot of cheaper parts on racing junk.

Ain't doing no chevy!! Thanks for the input. I'm still going to look at parts cost for this just to dream.
© 2024 Moparts Forums