Moparts

Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too..

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 06:55 AM

Since many have asked I guess it is time to spill the beans. We have a new racecar here too. I have been wanting to run TS for a few years now and the only holdback was the ole heavyweight car. So in May I remedied that issue and pulled the trigger on a new car. It is an RJ Racecars built Dodge Stratus. It was actually Ricks personal car he ran in PS. It is leaps an bounds above the Cuda as far as a racecar goes. Cosmetically we will get that handled in time. We have been working on it pretty much since May changing things to better suit our needs and my size. It will have a Predator motor in it which is currently being machined and screwed together. Hoping to have it out by the end of the season but I have been spending money like mad so no promises there. The ole money tree is about picked clean right now. Anyway since I have had a few PM's and emails thought I would just share it with all. Hope you all like it...

[URL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/blowncuda/media/Stratus/Alsphone433_zps4be117dc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/blowncuda/Stratus/Alsphone433_zps4be117dc.jpg

Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:04 AM

Very sweet
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:09 AM

WOW NICE !!!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:12 AM

Very, very nice.
What's the wheelbase on it?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:23 AM

Looks good.. I see it has the areo wheel wells.. cool..
is it carbon or fiber glass
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:30 AM

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:31 AM

Wheelbase is 105" on driver side 104" on pass side.

The car is 100% Carbon fiber, all with Mopar part numbers of course It has a LOT of aero tricks on it. From the front end overlapping the doors, the full belly pan, the trunk lid sliding under the rear of the body to the aforementioned wheelwells and some other small carbon deflectors at the rear. It is a very trick piece for sure.

Here is a shot of the rear end
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 08:33 AM

Congrats Al! I'm sure it will be super nice when you get done with it.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 01:00 PM

Very sleek.....
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 01:09 PM

Wow, very nice car good luck getting it done.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 01:50 PM

Nice! I am envious Can I have your old car?
Posted By: floridian

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 01:56 PM

Stunning car...

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 02:29 PM

Quote:

The car is 100% Carbon fiber, all with Mopar part numbers of course It has a LOT of aero tricks on it. From the front end overlapping the doors, the full belly pan, the trunk lid sliding under the rear of the body to the aforementioned wheelwells and some other small carbon deflectors at the rear. It is a very trick piece for sure.

Nice shocks.. that car has some BIG bucks into it...
sure wish I had your money....... before you bought
the car.. LOL
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 02:52 PM

Nice purchase Al!
I know you will get your money's worth of use out of it, but right about now you have to be wondering about that.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 03:30 PM

Sweet! A couple turbos hanging off of it would top it off nicely!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 03:37 PM

Too bad the 99 sold.... you could qualify for Pro Stock this fall the way the car count has been!
Posted By: supercomp

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 04:05 PM

You took that right out outa my dreams.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 04:06 PM

Awesome ride, Al! Is the Cuda going to be your winter beater now?
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 04:09 PM

Posted By: RT540

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 04:56 PM

Very nice car
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 05:03 PM

BAD AZZ Al, would love to see it in person sometime..............
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 05:04 PM

Should make a good sportsman bracket car. Love it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 05:46 PM

Are you going to try and break 200MPH in S/ST?

Nice car!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 05:48 PM

Wicked Awesome MOPAR !!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 06:54 PM

nice ride there Al, shure would look really nice sitting in my garage right beside the ol green weenie
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:03 PM

very KOOL!!!
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:05 PM

Quote:

You gonna put a 9 inch in it?

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:17 PM

Dom, Anytime you wanna come over when you get here feel free to swing by.

Dave, Ummmm no thanks I will keep the 9.5" rear I have thanks.

It has been a long time goal of mine to acquire a car like this. Almost went with a GM car a few times along the way. Reason being the Mopar cars are more money. Even thought they are all pretty much cookie cutter underneath the skin, the Mopar bodied ones are generally $10-15K more money. Had this one not come along we were probably a week away from buying a GM car. That being said glad I ended up with a Mopar.

As for my money, trust me I don't have any. Fact is I had to sell the Cuda to make this dream happen. No one here(my house) wanted to sell it but I had someone come along who wanted it bad enough to pry it out of my hands. He got an awesome race winning car. I got a more than fair price for it and can now chase TS points someday. So if anyone sees the ole Cuda running in the upper Midwest or west coast one of these days say hello to the new owner. He is very happy with the car and I am know his son will enjoy it for sure. Heck they are already collecting show trophies with it, just none at the track YET!

We are a long way from being ready but we are plugging away at it. I appreciate all the kind words for sure. We will be painting it hopefully this fall. The biggest issue there is getting the old three coats off of it. Looks like soda blasting is the best option for getting it off and not destroying the carbon fiber body. It will be getting a basic paint scheme for now. But eventually once we decide on a style will likely get a more crazy/circus paint job applied. At the very least some air brushing for sure..

Oh yeah it even won a couple Iron Men along the way. Hopefully we can ad a few Wallys to that total eventually
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:18 PM

Will do Al................

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 07:40 PM

Oh yeah it even won a couple Iron Men along the way. Hopefully we can ad a few Wallys to that total eventually

I always wanted to try and get a Wally but never ran
a race where I could win one.. never raced any NHRA
events or any Iron Man events... sure would have liked
to.. but those days are over for me
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 08:44 PM

Hurry up. I need somebody to save me a pit spot for the Division race. Might try to sneak that thing into my trailer when you're not lookin'.
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 08:51 PM

Can I have the cuda Al?
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 09:02 PM

Nice car Al!!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 07/31/14 11:19 PM

It's already a beautiful car, a real work of art without any extra art work. I'm glad you got a Mopar bodied car. Different, distinctive and just awesome. We all know you'll do a great job with it. Good luck and yeah, I'm envious.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 12:38 AM

Very nice Al....
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 12:43 AM

Wow, Nice!
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 01:03 AM

Awesomeness. I know it's early, but going with a wrap or paint? Looks killer, Al. Please call or pm, we can talk about some permanent stickers for sponsorship. Keep the winning ways rolling.
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 02:15 AM

Beautiful car Al. You've been waiting a long time for the right one to come along and you found it.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 02:16 AM

Looks Great Al!! Good Luck with It!!!
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 02:36 AM

175 in S/ST trim??? Ding - Ding, WINNER.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 03:32 AM

great score!looks to be a top quality build of course.hopefully you wont need a chassis tuner to get it dialed in quick,the options for tuning on a chassis like that are endless.im sure you will make your presence in t/s well known,best of luck....
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 04:34 AM

WOW, looks great Al.
Have you figured out how much you are going to charge people to sit in it and make race car sounds.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 04:49 AM

THAT is a race car !
T/S is definitely playing in the bigs from my chair , and I think you have a really nice piece to get the job done with.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 04:58 AM

'65 Plymouth in the background?

Didn't your son have an orange Cuda with tribal graphics on it as well?
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 05:05 AM

Nice! <drool>

I know the small tire car sold, did you sell the other one too?

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 06:04 AM

Quote:

better check your score card!
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 06:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

better check your score card!

Even the "Pink Camaro".... Gone..

Chris..
Posted By: rickb67

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 06:29 AM

WOW Nice car.. I am so glad you did not buy a gm.Well I didn't win the lottery quick enough to buy your CUDA.

Attached picture 8226465-IMG_4725.JPG
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 07:32 AM

Not much else to say....

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 07:52 AM

Yep 65 Belvedere in the backround. We are finishing it up and it will be in the classified section soon. Just waiting on a few more pieces. Good car lots of nice parts and fresh paint now.

Yeah I have sold off just about everything I have to try and make this deal happen. Not much left other than a TON of parts. I have the Stratus and Avenger left for now though.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 01:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko
Posted By: 67RT_MUSCLE

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 02:33 PM

very nice
good luck
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 03:10 PM

Beautiful Car Al....Congrats on approaching your goal

Will this be nitrous assisted or N/A...????

Rickster
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 03:11 PM

Good luck with the new car, you always have nice stuff .
Posted By: PETE@BESTMACHINE

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 03:29 PM

Looks good, RJ builds a nice car, someone said something about aero wheel wells ? What is that about? There was only one Stratus body NHRA approved with the Mopar P part numbers on it. Larry Morgan told me they changed the front end to a narrower one to help the car after wind tunnel testing early on so there are two different front ends. Yours more than likely has the newer front end, good luck with it. :

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 03:29 PM

Quote:

Beautiful Car Al....Congrats on approaching your goal

Will this be nitrous assisted or N/A...????

Rickster

It's rumored that he's having MoparBilly throw one of his nitrous tunes on it since it's still running the LY rods and all.....
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 04:27 PM

I think you should rattle-can it in black primer, throw a couple of big N2O plates on it, and call it Murder Avenger.

"Just because we're dumba$$es, doesn't mean you have to be!"

Really?

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 05:18 PM

Rick, We are going to do this NA for now. Out here there is no worry getting in fields as we rarely have full ones. Sonoma National only had 27 cars show up. I do have the intake set up for nitrous and will get the intake off to Monte to be plumbed and flowed however. Wanted to do it now but everything is off to the machine shop for final tweaks then dyno time. So will get the intake done later.
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 05:55 PM

Quote:

Rick, We are going to do this NA for now. Out here there is no worry getting in fields as we rarely have full ones. Sonoma National only had 27 cars show up. I do have the intake set up for nitrous and will get the intake off to Monte to be plumbed and flowed however. Wanted to do it now but everything is off to the machine shop for final tweaks then dyno time. So will get the intake done later.

Al, would you ever think about running the car in A/AA? I have no idea if the predator makes enough power for the class, but 6.60's makes you mildly competitive if the motors capable. Also, what size is the motor? I was assuming 620ci

Car is awesome! Just a shame your out west, would love to see it in person.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 07:35 PM

Awesome car. I like the all white. Maybe you could just add some graphics instead repainting?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 08:33 PM

dam sam thats awesome

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/01/14 08:41 PM

Well the white HAS to go. There are three paint jobs on the car. The first to are with RJ Racecars livery and the last is white. Paint is VERY heavy so we will be stripping it down to the bar carbon fiber. Then will likely go with the new Mopar Orange color with some pearl added to it.

Comp would be awesome but not in my bank account to even think about it. The Predator is 605 for now, will likely get smaller next time based on what we get here. Not a fan of the big stroke stuff but figured it was time to give one a shot. At 605 it is a A/AA car and no way we will make that kind of steam for sure. Although I would entertain thoughts of a C/AA combo maybe at some point. I think that shows more promise for a Mopar than anything higher. Had a kept the 99 it would be a natural for B/AA though.
Posted By: charger410

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 12:35 PM

Awesome race car, defiantly one of the best. Look forward to seeing it in the mopar orange pearl and I presume metallic? Can't wait!

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 04:47 PM

Quote:

You don't always have to be the quickest or fastest to become a Champion as proven by good friend & engine builder Mike Thompson IHRA National Champ 2012

Mike's been getting it done for the last seven years naturally aspirated with two engines....the bigger of the two being a 605" Dart Block that runs low 7.40's and I believe has been 7.30's in good air.

I wish you the best of luck with the new car

Rickster

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 10:49 PM

Rick trust me I have been doing my homework just like the .90 stuff. I do not plan to ever be a "fast" car. Be fine with top of the bottom half for ladder reasons.

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 10:56 PM

Quote:

Rick trust me I have been doing my homework just like the .90 stuff. I do not plan to ever be a "fast" car. Be fine with top of the bottom half for ladder reasons.

Funny you mention that....that's right where Mike usually falls

I want to say they run the smaller cube engine for the 1/8th mile stuff and the 604 in 1/4 mile....never asked why....but believe I know why

Rickster

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 10:58 PM

Al...When do we get to dig thru your used parts pile??

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 11:11 PM

Ted trust me people dig through it all the time. I am kind of an appearance nut so we replace perfectly good parts all the time because they don't "look right"

I got your PM and will sift through what I have and let you know soon.

To bad you are not looking for plumbing stuff or Autometer gauges as I have a TON of it. I have just gotten tired of placing ads frankly. To many want to beat you up all the time over price.

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/02/14 11:17 PM

Quote:

To bad you are not looking for plumbing stuff or Autometer gauges as I have a TON of it. I have just gotten tired of placing ads frankly. To many want to beat you up all the time over price.

I know what you mean! It is even worse when somebody wants something and you send them a message and never hear back! I am pretty tapped between new car payments and some leftover medical bills anyhow.
Posted By: Wax

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 12:40 AM

Al: Did you get that car from a guy in Wyoming by chance?
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 01:38 AM

Awesome Al! We have twins in a sort of a way lol. I have Larry Morgans old strat that is also RJ. Glad to hear about the predator motor too. I'm doing a 701 pred for mine, but have a small nitrous hemi in it for the time being to sort out the car.

I'm with you on the white needing to be gone, but the white top is great in the sun. I was cooler in the car than my guys standing in the sun lol.

Best of luck and would love to compare notes about the cars if you're ever so inclined.

Darren

Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 02:03 PM

Congratulations Al! My two favorite Mopar race car bodies are the Stratus and the Dakota, I was looking for one of the two and the Dakota came along first. If you ever come east and need some help at the track let me know, I would be gald to help.

Mike Gray
Posted By: B1Johnny

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 02:53 PM

awesome looking car Al best of luck with it .it, should fly with a predator motor in it .
Posted By: cgall

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 06:10 PM

Al is a racer first, not afraid to trade up to a better unit. It is cool that you stayed with Mopar, but you do what you have to do to win.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Well since you asked...We have a new racecar too.. - 08/03/14 06:31 PM

Very nice Al!
© 2024 Moparts Forums