Moparts

Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box?

Posted By: B3422W5

Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 06:44 PM

I was given an old Mallory hifire 4( not 6) box but don't think I am going to use it.

This new little 150 dollar MSD box has rev limiter feature which is only thing I will need....should more than do the job for my needs
Just wondered if anyone is using one yet.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 06:57 PM

After fighting with some stupid misfire for half the year

Stuck one on and since have been in the finals quarter finals and semi finals last couple weeks

works great car don't miss a beat now
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 07:24 PM

I have put them on a couple of street cars and have had not one issue out of any of them. We would put them on customers cars and set the rev limiter with out them knowing and they would come back saying that the car was missing. Drive the car for days and the only time it would act up is at 6200 rpm. We would tell them to quit trying to blow up the motor we just built for them! LOL. They never complained again.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 07:33 PM

Quote:

I was given an old Mallory hifire 4( not 6) box but don't think I am going to use it.

This new little 150 dollar MSD box has rev limiter feature which is only thing I will need....should more than do the job for my needs
Just wondered if anyone is using one yet.

Dan Costello recommended that box to me. I have one that will be going into something in the future, a friend ran it on his car and took it back off for whatever reason and I snatched it up cheap.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 08:02 PM

Year and a half now and not one issue!

Attached picture 8219511-MSD_Orange.jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 08:56 PM

When I was trying to decide what ignition to run I talked to several local guys are running them and they have been very happy with the MSD Street Fire box.

I decided to go with a MSD 6AL2 on my car.
Posted By: RAMM

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 09:02 PM

Quote:

I have put them on a couple of street cars and have had not one issue out of any of them. We would put them on customers cars and set the rev limiter with out them knowing and they would come back saying that the car was missing. Drive the car for days and the only time it would act up is at 6200 rpm. We would tell them to quit trying to blow up the motor we just built for them! LOL. They never complained again.

Yup I keep the little screwdriver that they come with and most customers never know about the rev limiter being adjustable. Like these boxes alot. J.Rob

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 09:13 PM

cool, that's what I wanted to hear... local auto zone can get them so I will order one up.....

btw.... I plan on being at Norwalk this year.... I have a complete Mallory highfire 4 box with mopar adapter I will GIVE to the first person who sends me a PM and that will be at Norwalk, look me up... and it will let that person have it, FREE

It has been sent in to Mallory and tested, and as far as I know, works..in original box with all instructions.....
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 09:23 PM

Looks like a nice ignition for $150
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 09:45 PM

Quote:

cool, that's what I wanted to hear... local auto zone can get them so I will order one up.....

btw.... I plan on being at Norwalk this year.... I have a complete Mallory highfire 4 box with mopar adapter I will GIVE to the first person who sends me a PM and that will be at Norwalk, look me up... and it will let that person have it, FREE

It has been sent in to Mallory and tested, and as far as I know, works..in original box with all instructions.....

Do you have a Pep Boys close by ? They should have it and you can get it for 25% off items over $100 if you order online or go into the store and use code ROADTRIP25 by the end of the month. I picked up an innovate MTX last night , 50 bucks off ...

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do you have a Pep Boys close by ? They should have it and you can get it for 25% off items over $100 if you order online or go into the store and use code ROADTRIP25 by the end of the month. I picked up an innovate MTX last night , 50 bucks off ...

Thanks a bunch....... Just got one for 119 out the door....... Smoking deal!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 11:08 PM

Thanks a bunch....... Just got one for 119 out the door....... Smoking deal!!!!!!!!!!

That is a hell of a deal for a ignition.. I might
just buy one for a spare

Re: Anybody using the MSD streetfire ignition box? - 07/25/14 11:11 PM

Yep!!!!!!!!

Will go in after we close and pick it up. You can order it online and pickit up and pay for it in the store.
First time I have gotten a discount on MSD in my life..... Pretty much always pretty much same price anywhere.
© 2024 Moparts Forums