Moparts

Dan at performance only

Posted By: modelmakerinc

Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 05:05 PM

Hey has anyone heard from Dan, his mailbox is full and haven't heard from him for a few weeks We are concerned cause last we knew he just came out of a illness.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 06:55 PM

I talked to him April 14th and he was in the hospital. I tried to reach him again to see how he was around the 25th and haven't heard from him
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 07:35 PM

I hope all is well.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 07:54 PM

Quote:

I hope all is well.

Me too. Dan's a good guy...hope he's doing ok.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 08:14 PM

Quote:

I hope all is well.

X2... didnt know there was a issue
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 08:24 PM

I didn't know he was in the hospital either

Hope all is OK
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 09:11 PM

I can't remember the day I spoke with Dan, he was just out of the hospital and playing catch-up. Pneumonia I believe is what he said. I offered any help if needed and of course he declined. I'll try to swing by his shop on the ride home.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 09:19 PM

Quote:

I talked to him April 14th and he was in the hospital. I tried to reach him again to see how he was around the 25th and haven't heard from him

Pleezzee keep us posted and him in out prayers............

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pleezzee keep us posted and him in out prayers............

will do. Dan is really the only person I talk to on the phone. I've been freaking out for a while now
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 09:37 PM

You guys tell Dan that I am pullin for him! Trust me....when I read all of the good things you guys wrote for me I will tell ya that it does help your spirits a bunch!!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 10:47 PM

My prayers that Dan has a speedy recovery!
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 11:22 PM

I hope he is better..
Great guy..

Chris..
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/06/14 11:37 PM

I spoke with Dan a few days ago while he was in the hospital.Dan told me he was going home in a day or so.i have not been able to get hold of him since.I dont know if he went home or not.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 12:20 AM

Quote:

I spoke with Dan a few days ago while he was in the hospital.Dan told me he was going home in a day or so.i have not been able to get hold of him since.I dont know if he went home or not.

This would mean he returned to the Hospital after I spoke with him.

Can't play with Pneumonia, it can kill you. DAMHIK
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 03:09 AM

Someone bring him a laptop

Get well soon Dan
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 04:33 AM

I hope Dan is OK. I just sent him a text. His phone is probably blowing up.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 05:43 AM

I have been sending emails and phone messages myself with no reply. Last email I got from a few weeks ago he told me he was fighting off pneumonia. I really really hope he will be ok. It did scare me when I saw the post. Get better Dan.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 05:25 PM

Quote:

Someone bring him a laptop

Get well soon Dan

I think he has one , I've been blowing his phone up, no answer, no reply to text, another member did get an email from him over the weekend. He was still in the hospital then, hoping to get out sometime this week.

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 05:39 PM

well i hope the old geezer is ok
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 05:49 PM

Get we'll soon Dan!!! We all miss you!

Mike
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 06:32 PM

I hope all is well.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 07:34 PM

Miss Ya Pal
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 08:17 PM

Really hope he is ok!!

Dan is the MAN!!

Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 08:49 PM

Folks, I've been trying to hold off as long as I possibly could, but I feel with all the questions, I must at least respond and try and set the record straight.

I dont know how else to say this, so here it is.

Dan was involved in a horrible shuffleboard accident at the old folks home. It appears that there was a disagreement with another old geezer about the " coverage" of the shuffleboard puck on the color red. One of the " senior" members of the West Palm Beach Old Geezers " Hustlin and Shufflin Club", apparently went crazy and threw his Raisin Bran at Dan during the scuffle. That alone was enough, but it didnt end there. The skurmish was taken to the next level when the varmit pulled the main power cable on Dans LiL Rascal scooter. As Dan sit there in the middle of the shuffleboard floor, powerless, dead stick, this other scoundrel rammed him at almost 3 tenths of a mile an hour, with a direct perpendicular hit. Witness' at the scene said it was almost painful to watch, and it does appear a video has been turned over to the authorities. It appears Dans scooter has suffered significant damage, and the side impact air bags did not deploy, further enhancing the damaage. I was told Dans scooter went up on three wheels during the impact, and Dan had both his hands AND pants full during the incident.It was unclear at the time of the seriousness of the injury, as he was asked if his shorts were full, and all he would say is it Depends. More to follow.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 09:30 PM

Sadly Dan had probably removed the air bags to reduce weight. A decision I'm sure regrets now.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 10:16 PM

Regrets.....he's had a few,

A side impact, then the tire blew,

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 10:20 PM

Quote:

Regrets.....he's had a few,

A side impact, then the tire blew,

Did any cigarettes get harmed in the wreck.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 10:28 PM

I surely Hope he is ok and that was written in good fun, With the knowledge that he will be fine.

It would be very unfortunate and quite aggravating to make light if he is not well.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 10:34 PM

Quote:

I surely Hope he is ok and that was written in good fun, With the knowledge that he will be fine.

It would be very unfortunate and quite aggravating to make light if he is not well.

Todd (Competition Wedge) is a very close Friend of Dan's and I am pretty sure they give it to each other quit often. I'm SURE he has been in contact with Dan.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 11:39 PM

ah hah, now the "E-Mail" address makes sense!
I always wondered about "scooter"

where is the Graemlin with the cigarette?

P.S. bye the way, he really is a pretty good drummer.......
, no really.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/07/14 11:42 PM

I hope he's OK, I've had pneumonia five times in my life starting at age 21 so I know it can be really bad, especially if you've had it before.

Best wishes Dan and hope you are out soon.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 12:56 AM

Get well soon Dan. We are all pulling for you.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 01:55 AM

I've had that crap 6 times in my life and it ain't any fun. Dan, even though you may be going stire crazy take it REAL EASY! It takes at least a month to get over it. Hope you're feelin' better.Dave
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 12:44 PM

Get well Dan,I need someone to play checkers and dominos with.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 07:38 PM

Dan is still in the hospital, recovering. The pneumonia collapsed one of his lungs.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 07:50 PM

Quote:

Dan is still in the hospital, recovering. The pneumonia collapsed one of his lungs.

That sounds serious..

Get well soon Dan!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 07:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds serious..

Get well soon Dan!!

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 07:57 PM

Quote:

I hope they got it pumped back up with no issues..
get well

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 07:57 PM

get well Dan
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 08:04 PM

Get well soon Dan!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 08:12 PM

Heal up buddy! We miss ya.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/08/14 09:51 PM

Prayers sent. Get well SOON we need you over here.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/09/14 03:46 AM

get well soon
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 12:55 AM

Get Well Soon Dan

Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 03:28 AM

sending thoughts and prayers,hope you get well quickly,take care of yourself first EVERYTHING else is unimportant. As someone who has bounced back from serious health problems,take care of you everything else will follow.
Darren
Posted By: Eric

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 02:47 PM

Keeping you in our thoughts here in PA buddy...get better soon
Posted By: BradH

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 03:08 PM

Quote:

Get Well Soon Dan

x2!
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 05:52 PM

I'm having him set up a "stroker kit" for me and had trouble getting a hold of him also. I called last week when I was in the hospital and I believe he said he was in one too hah. Told him I would bug him again in a few weeks and to get better.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/10/14 08:04 PM

Well, hope killerbee and Dan both get to feeling better
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 12:12 AM

I heard Dan was in the hospital on my drive up from new york to florida stop by his place on friday. I found out what hospital he's in , I'm going to go try and see him on monday will keep you guys updated on what I find out.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 03:27 AM

I've been texting with Dan. He's been in the hospital for 6 weeks. He's still on a ventilator, but his prognosis is good. What's not good is that his hospital bill is to the moon. His insurance coverage topped out well before the 6 weeks he's been in intensive care. His online time is extremely limited, so he has asked me to make an announcement about a raffle to help Dan with his sky high hospital bill. The winner of the raffle will receive a custom race engine (or a badazz street/strip engine), their choice of either big block or smallblock, built by Dan at Performance Only. In case there are newcomers on the forum who don't know Dan, his engine knowledge, workmanship, and customer service are second to none, plus he's a hell of a nice guy, too. Anyone that has ever met Dan or had any dealings with him, will attest to this. Details of the raffle will be forthcoming.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 03:48 AM

Quote:

I've been texting with Dan. He's been in the hospital for 6 weeks. He's still on a ventilator, but his prognosis is good. What's not good is that his hospital bill is to the moon. His insurance coverage topped out well before the 6 weeks he's been in intensive care. His online time is extremely limited, so he has asked me to make an announcement about a raffle to help Dan with his sky high hospital bill. The winner of the raffle will receive a custom race engine (or a badazz street/strip engine), their choice of either big block or smallblock, built by Dan at Performance Only. In case there are newcomers on the forum who don't know Dan, his engine knowledge, workmanship, and customer service are second to none, plus he's a hell of a nice guy, too. Anyone that has ever met Dan or had any dealings with him, will attest to this. Details of the raffle will be forthcoming.

I'm in and stickied ....

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 03:55 AM

I'll be in too.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 04:30 AM

Quote:

I'll be in too.

Ditto!!Get well soon Dan.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 05:32 AM

get well Dan...prayers sent
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 06:17 AM

Get well soon.....
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 07:17 AM

Get well soon Dan. Prayers sent. Beep
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 12:21 PM

Get well soon!!!

Randy
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 02:39 PM

Dan's on a ventilator? Guess that's a pretty darn bad case of pneumonia.

Hope you heal up quickly Dan and if there is anything I can do for you just give me a shout.

If your going to do an engine raffle I'll throw in the gaskets for the build
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 02:47 PM

Duster Dave,

Thanks for the updates, they are much appreciated, please continue them. I had heard from Craig at Performance Only that he was back in the hospital. I was arranging for the truck to pick up our 452 from his shop and he let me know. Last time I spoke with Dan he sounded pretty tired so I have avoided bothering him.

Get better soon Dan. Sounds like it will be a slow process so try to keep up the morale.

Best, Dave and Michelle

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 04:03 PM

I'm in for the raffle and I'll go a step further. If I win I'll re- donate the cost of the engine back to the cause. Financial concerns are a BIG part or roadblock in a persons recovery. I was lucky to work for a big company after my heart attach in 1999 so I still had some money coming in during my recovery but if you are self employed the financial loss can be a major stress and slow the healing process. Get well soon Dan. Prayers and thoughts go out for a fast recovery for you and your Family.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 04:55 PM

Quote:

I'm in for the raffle and I'll go a step further. If I win I'll re- donate the cost of the engine back to the cause. Financial concerns are a BIG part or roadblock in a persons recovery. I was lucky to work for a big company after my heart attach in 1999 so I still had some money coming in during my recovery but if you are self employed the financial loss can be a major stress and slow the healing process. Get well soon Dan. Prayers and thoughts go out for a fast recovery for you and your Family.

Someone should organize the raffle and print tickets and make them available at the BGR Championship events.We will certainly announce and promote any effort to help Dan,he has helped so many here and we should all make an extra effort to support and help Dan.If someone can give me a contact for Dan,PM me and we will personally like to do something for him.Racers helping racers,paying it forward.
Our best thoughts and wishes for recovery go out to Dan.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 04:58 PM

Somebody should take him a laptop! Get well soon Dan!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 05:00 PM

In for the raffle. Never met Dan but he's shared a lot of info over the years.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 05:09 PM

The ICU costs are staggering! Mine was 4600/day! My wife has good insurance but the out of pocket expenses are still quite a bit.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 05:13 PM

I'm not interested in a raffle,I'd rather see ALL the money go directly to Dan. Does anyone know if Dan has a paypal account???

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 05:42 PM

Im pretty sure he does have paypal. For everyday in a hospital bed is like 3 days physical recovery.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 06:23 PM

I really don't need a new bullet but I really would like to help Dan get back on his feet and building first class engines.
Dan if you reading this put your mind at ease because your Moparts family will do what we can to help your financial and emotional recovery.
Get well soon
Gus

Attached picture 8141059-savoyburnout.jpg

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 06:35 PM

Guys, even though the engine raffle was unofficially announced just last night, the outpouring of support for Dan so far is bringing tears to my eyes, I can only imagine how Dan would react. I'm not surprised though, this is a great website with a great bunch of guys and gals with big hearts. Even though I've texted him some highlights, I've asked him to try to log on, so he can read all of the replies himself. On behalf of Dan, a heartfelt "thank you", and we will be putting together the details of the raffle, and will start a thread dedicated to the engine raffle with all of the details as soon as Dan can set them up and relay them to me.

BG, how about a clipboard with a sheet of paper(s) with perforated strips that people can sign when they pay to enter into the raffle? So, we would be picking a name out of an oil pan, not a number. The Moparts members would be automatically entered when they pay for their entry on paypal. I'm open to other ideas on how to set this up.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 07:21 PM

Well I don't know exactly how to set up a raffle but would $50.00 a ticket work I think that's what it was when Diane Sox setup the raffle for the Ronnie Sox foundation HEMI raffle years ago.
I remember having to stand in line to buy a few tickets at the HEMI reunion
Gus

Attached picture 8141140-frontveiwsavoy.jpg

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/11/14 10:39 PM

Dan has helped me so much over the years.. I'm in.. just tell me where to send my money

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 12:37 AM

For the members who want to help Dan now, and not wait for the kick-off of the engine raffle, you can send a donation to Dan's paypal account, kscooter15@aol.com.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 03:40 AM

I've never dealt with him because of the distance, but I've read a lot of him helping others with their stuff. I'm in on the raffle.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 04:28 AM

I have talk to him on phone a few times. Always very helpful. Bought some parts from him. Wish he was closer. I would have him do some machine work. Very good guy. Hope and pray everything goes well for him .
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 06:14 AM

If I may be so bold. Just a suggestion. Every year at PRI they raffle off a motor for charity. They have the motor prebuilt to what ever spec they want. Tickets are sold and the raffle is held at the show.

Now since Dan cannot have the motor prebuilt and we need to help him out, Let Dan spec a motor out. If the raffle winner has no need for that engine he can sell it, or donate it back to Dan or what ever. Carlisle does the same thing.
This way people such as myself can donate PARTS to the cause ahead of time to hedge the cost of Dan having to buy what ever parts he will need.
May I suggest a big block pump gas 500 incher.
Just a thought...Todd

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 06:26 AM

Don't have to ask me twice!
I'm in.
If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
Get well soon Dan.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 10:48 AM

Im in
The only engine guy who sat at my dinner table and we discuss my engine over a meal for like 2 hrs. Such a Gentleman.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 11:29 AM

I'm in, hope you're out of the hospital soon Dan!Dave

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 06:47 PM

in for raffle. I need a new engine for my van

get well soon
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 07:30 PM

Just finished visiting Dan, he's still on the machine til his lung gets stronger, hopefully be off it by end of week.. His spirits were up, he can't speak because of tube in his mouth. I told him I would make an effort to come by, I live an hour away, but Dan is a good guy. Anyway don't know what else to say other than that, oh and he can use a haircut. Speedy Recovery to my friend Dan.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 10:51 PM

Quote:

get well soon

Im in,,,

PM me with any details please!!!

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/12/14 11:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

get well soon

Im in,,,

PM me with any details please!!!

Everyone, I appreciate the support that you all are showing for Dan, but please be patient. I'm depending on Dan to provide details of the raffle, particularly the details of the grand prize, but I have to wait until Dan is well again. Fingers crossed, that day will be soon.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/13/14 12:44 PM

Definitely down for a raffle like that!!

Or maybe I'll win the two challengers and the 50k. Or the brevard ALS (?) car. Although I didn't enter that one this year.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/13/14 02:31 PM

DusterDave will be announcing some great news very soon...stay tuned..plans are almost nailed down. Dan is involved in the " process" and will chime in when the time is right. Thank you all for your concern. comments and assistance. More to follow !...

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/13/14 06:29 PM

Quote:

DusterDave will be announcing some great news very soon...stay tuned..plans are almost nailed down. Dan is involved in the " process" and will chime in when the time is right. Thank you all for your concern. comments and assistance. More to follow !...

Posted By: BradH

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/13/14 06:37 PM

I'm in. Wish I was in the financial position to do more than buy a ticket or two, but I'll put in what I can.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/13/14 10:08 PM

I'm in also.Anything to help!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/14/14 02:58 AM

Quote:

I'm betting this will be very interesting

Rickster
Posted By: qkRick

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/14/14 03:10 AM

Haven't had much time on MoParts lately. Gus just told me about Dan today. I'm in for raffle and if someone has a snail mail address they can PM me I'm also sending a check now. Great guy and the least I can do for a super person guy that has helped so many of us. Prayers and best wishes Dan.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/14/14 03:41 AM

Quote:

WOW Dave.....guess I found this thread on the tail end.....Dan, I hope this finds you on the mend.....get well soon.

Rick
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/14/14 12:00 PM

Quote:

Haven't had much time on MoParts lately. Gus just told me about Dan today. I'm in for raffle and if someone has a snail mail address they can PM me I'm also sending a check now. Great guy and the least I can do for a super person guy that has helped so many of us. Prayers and best wishes Dan.

pm me give you the address i mailed my check to for Dan
Posted By: moper

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/14/14 06:26 PM

Quote:

For the members who want to help Dan now, and not wait for the kick-off of the engine raffle, you can send a donation to Dan's paypal account, [Email]kscooter15@aol.com.[/Email]

Done. Waiting on the raffle details!
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/15/14 06:39 AM

Count me in as well! Dan has always been very kind and helpful to me.. I bought my first set of Harland sharp rockers from him... Great knowledge and would talk to me long as I need...

Get well soon Dan!!!
Mike

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/15/14 12:38 PM

Heck I,m still running the K1 crank (408) I bought from Dan years ago during his crank sale and a new one is coming out of the box for my next build. He also rounded up my Callias 4.500 stroke crank for my 572 engine. Get well soon Dan.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 03:21 AM

On a separate thread, tomorrow, I will make the official announcement for the Dan Costello Benefit Engine Raffle!! Please join us in helping a Mopar brother, and at the same time, get a chance to win a great BIG BLOCK wedge!! Full details tomorrow!!

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 03:57 AM

Yeah, but how's Dan?
Because you didn't up date us,
I will assume he's doing good and well on the way to a full recovery.
"No news is good news" seems to fit here I hope.

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 04:06 AM

Dan was texting like a maniac the other night to me....I had to shut the old fart up....lol...he had some positive news from the doctors as well....I will get ahold of him and update either Friday or Saturday morning...

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 04:13 AM

Quote:

Dan was texting like a maniac the other night to me....I had to shut the old fart up....lol...he had some positive news from the doctors as well....I will get ahold of him and update either Friday or Saturday morning...

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 04:21 AM

I texted him earlier this evening to see how he was, but he hasn't texted back.
Posted By: RT540

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 11:33 AM

Get well wishes from North Sweden.
Tom
Posted By: Harley

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 02:15 PM

Quote:

That's good news!

Re: Dan at performance only - 05/16/14 04:21 PM

All i have is his shop number, can anyone PM or Text me his number so I can text him a few good words from nebraska.

402-six4nine-6zerosixty4
© 2024 Moparts Forums