Moparts

Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location..

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location.. - 05/05/14 06:23 PM

Looking for some input here before I pull the trigger. What are opinions on the lifter angle and placement on a raised block Predator engine? Is there any advantage to be had by moving the lifter location, ie spread out or stock? What do you consider the optimum lifter angle for a raised deck Predator deal? Any other thoughts on this deal? We are looking to make some decent power and trying to do my research to make sure we get a good, reliable, engine that makes some power.
Posted By: Cuda367

Re: Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location.. - 05/06/14 04:01 AM

Al, We talked some when you where in Omaha. I don't know if you have heard of Larry Demers or not. Builds a truck load of race motors and races top sportsman in Div.5 won Brainard last year blah blah blah. Any way he has done a few predator motors and may have some ideas on what would be better than "stock". May be worth a call. 800-522-1940. Take care.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location.. - 05/06/14 04:40 AM

If starting from scratch 2.0 lifter spacing will straighten the pushrod angles out and Cam cores are available for the 2.0" but are substantially more$$$ 45 non raised and 48 degree raised seem to work fine, so why re invent the wheel........
Quote:

Looking for some input here before I pull the trigger. What are opinions on the lifter angle and placement on a raised block Predator engine? Is there any advantage to be had by moving the lifter location, ie spread out or stock? What do you consider the optimum lifter angle for a raised deck Predator deal? Any other thoughts on this deal? We are looking to make some decent power and trying to do my research to make sure we get a good, reliable, engine that makes some power.

Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location.. - 05/06/14 05:28 AM

Al,
My KB has a 45* lifter angle and is a raised cam +.250". They are the stock spacing.
I was told by Larry Olson (EPD) it would help to have the 45* angle with the Predator valve layout.

Mike at Muscle Motors also said it would be better with a 45* angle.

Posted By: go green

Re: Engine gurus, Predator lifte angle/location.. - 05/06/14 07:47 PM

Be nice if you can get a 39* if you could . The biggest problem I found with the lifter is the tiebar gets in the way and you have to grind a groove in the heads to clear .
© 2024 Moparts Forums