Moparts

Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season?

Posted By: Dragula

Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 03:47 AM

I am just buried and took on a little too much....

Still finishing the suspension install

Still finishing the brakes

Still finishing the radiator mod to move it forward

Still finishing the lettering.

Still installing the seat

Didn't even get to installing the volt meter and ditching the amp meter

Didn't even get to wiring in the new line lock button on the shifter

Haven't started the annual trailer maintenance

And still haven't fixed the brake controller

Season opened last week..........

HOLY COW MAN!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 03:54 AM

I'm doing about the same! Finishing my brothers New engine now, my wife's car needs header teathers and a few small things to get it out. My engine is disassembled. Tow vehicle has been parked since November and needs gone over. Trailer needs gone over. And customer projects are in the way first.

I'm hoping to get my brothers to him in time to have his ready for the 18th. And I want my wifes car there too. Maybe Ill get mine together for fall.
Keith

Attached picture 8126568-NCM_0270-1.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 04:08 AM

If I race anything this year its gonna be the Rampage..
but I'm moving some front end parts around to lift
it 1" and I'm moving the rack back 1 1/4"... I need
to fix the brake lights on my hauler... without the
brake lights the trailer brakes dont get activated
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 04:24 AM

NOT READY
Posted By: dvw

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 04:29 AM

Trailers done new roof bows and ceiling panels installed, roof resealed(crushed from snow). I'll be starting this week. Pull the pan to check the bearings. Pull the trans to install aluminum drum and freshen.
I'll be testing on the 10th.
Doug
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 04:36 AM

Quote:

Trailers done new roof bows and ceiling panels installed, roof resealed(crushed from snow). I'll be starting this week. Pull the pan to check the bearings. Pull the trans to install aluminum drum and freshen.
Doug

Doug.. was the roof a insurance job or did you do it
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 05:30 AM

I was out for my 2nd time this year last night. Went out in the third round with a red light. Did run it out to a 5.99 after I went red. So it's running pretty good. I added 25# to the nose to help keep the front end down and that seems to help. So ill be back out Friday running bracket two again.
Posted By: bracketcharger

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 12:10 PM

I'm not even close . Still porting my heads need to rebuild the carb , get a fiberglass hood and mount the scoop and on and on....
I need to buy a trailer also.
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 12:12 PM

Same here... Still have to get both car and engine back then put it all together hoping to at least make a few passes by mid season.

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 12:46 PM

So I am not the only one....

Forgot, the trans on the truck needs its annual maintenance...Days are too short.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 02:09 PM

Need one more good weather weekend, as I'm working outside.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 03:11 PM

As you can see by my brothers post I don't have the motor in mine.... When it's back I need to finish the motor plate, figure out how I'm mounting the alternator, install the tach and do an alignment on it. I have the truck and trailer ready to go. I told my wifey if my car isn't ready for May 18th race at Martin I'd have to race her 2010 Challenger!! She didn't seem to like that idea....
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 04:48 PM

Short block is on the engine stand .
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 05:34 PM

We proved yesterday @ Grudge-Fest we are ready!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 05:54 PM

For the first time in my life........I am ready.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 06:17 PM

I have gotten quite a bit done, but still a lot to go...

not to mention this is a new car that I have never made a pass in

- alignment
- wideband install
- fuel pressure gauge wiring (with datalog)
- shift light wiring
- nitrous solenoid wiring
- progressive controller/MSD retard/nitrous control switches/relays, plus finding a place to mount everything

Then once I am ready, I need to shake it down in street trim and figure out what the new tires/shocks like...then I'll try to go fast
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 06:26 PM

Fresh port job on the heads New custom grind cam New replacement piston from Wiseco.... 4 months and counting.....
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 06:28 PM

Not me, still gathering parts. Hopefully for 2015 though.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 11:40 PM

Need to build new motor, get new shocks, ignition and timing controller, alternator, and most important the funds to make it all fall in place
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/28/14 11:53 PM

The car is ready to go. The drivers head (mine) has been repaired,contrasted,radiated and must go thru a 1-3 year healing process!
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 12:54 AM

thought I was ready until I went to fire up the car and it wouldn't crank . Electrical was fine, one cylinder was full of anti-freeze , guess the head gasket let go. Heads are in the shop getting reworked

Hope to have it back together for the Detroit dragway event @ Milan on the 17th... we'll see

Attached picture 8127362-photo(24).JPG
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 01:07 AM

Not even close yet . Finally get to work close to home and then work so much overtime I have less time at home then being on the road.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 01:33 AM

I was right on track. Fixed the fender & door, bought new rims & tires. Had made an appointment to go into the chassis shop but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I messed up my right rotater cuff and I'm hurtin'!
Let my tranny guy drop the trans and go through it and flush the 'vert.
Drove to a show a few weeks ago without the bumpers on.
Still have a bucket list,but have to wait on the MRI's.
If I need the operation,I won't be able to work for 5 to 8 weeks That's gunna eat my racing budget

Attached picture 8127411-4.13.14034.jpg
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 03:03 AM

I pulled the 440 r5 to rering, check things out and step up to higherrevving can. Ended up swapping heads got a bigger intake. Freshened up and still do not have a cam. Ordered one today. Haven't even begun plumbing the happy gas.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 03:58 AM

I made it out Saturday and we will have Matts Duster out by next weekend. Finished doing the valve job to one head today and will have the other done tomorrow and hopefully have his crank back by Friday. He was going to sit the year out but he started a better paying job 3 weeks ago.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 04:01 AM

My disc brake swap turned into a total front end rebuild Oh and I finally get to work on my own drivetrain for a change, but if I didn't take on transmission and rear end work I couldn't afford to build and race my own car.Thank God I didn't have any engines to build this year, I'm just changing my timing cover and oil pan.
Gus

Attached picture 8127605-frontveiwsavoy.jpg

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 04/29/14 04:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Doug.. was the roof a insurance job or did you do it

I did it. Pulled the ceiling due to delamination. The roof bows were on 2'centers. Got 15 new bows and 8 new roof panels from Jerry Lozon. Jacked up the roof, added the new bows, and resealed the edges. Now they're 1'on center. Fabbed up some "Doug Pal" products and added a better toolbox and it's ready to roll. Still have to replace the rear corner molding from my mishap with a pole last year. But for now the inside is like new.
Doug
Posted By: Dduster

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/01/14 05:50 AM

You guys are five months late getting started. Northern California Season starts 01 Jan at Sac Raceway. We don't have any 'We ain't ready' issues, except money ..... We've gotten past the almost cold and wet weather and now it's "damn,... it's 110 F and time to suit up". Get out there Guys.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/01/14 04:07 PM

My only off season is June and July - to hot to race in the valley. Otherwise, It's "show time" the rest of the year.

Attached picture 8130313-spdwrldburnout.jpg
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/01/14 04:53 PM

Quote:

thought I was ready until I went to fire up the car and it wouldn't crank . Electrical was fine, one cylinder was full of anti-freeze , guess the head gasket let go. Heads are in the shop getting reworked

Hope to have it back together for the Detroit dragway event @ Milan on the 17th... we'll see

You are lucky it didn't fire on one of the other cylinders and hydraulic the one with all the coolant.
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/01/14 06:42 PM

Seat belts, prime the engine,take car off jack stands....busy with my stock 1970 roadrunner restoration of 11 yrs...near completion seats console adjust windows ,wheel alignment and ready pattyboy
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 01:17 AM

We'll, we are waaayyyyy behind. Dropped the car off for a new cage. Should be done by next weekend. Then paint the cage and install the interior. MIGHT make it out by June. Gggrrrrr......

Randy
Posted By: Dartthunder340

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 01:20 AM

Plan on working on mine this weekend. Finish up disc brake swap on rears, bleed, and get it off jack stands. Will probably wait to fire it and adjust lash, then off to get alignment and hope to have it at Bandimere June 1st for Mopars at Thunder Mountain.
Posted By: dragram440

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 05:37 PM

I am definately behind. I have to pull the engine put a new rear seal and retainer, new rear shock mounts and shocks, new tranny pan and filter, install line lock, and im sure im forgetting a few things.

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 06:09 PM

I am getting there slowly...Mine went in for its alignment on the new front suspension....
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You are lucky it didn't fire on one of the other cylinders and hydraulic the one with all the coolant.

Yea I\m lucky the cylinder was full, otherwise I'd be replacing more than just head gaskets

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 11:03 PM

Quote:

We'll, we are waaayyyyy behind. Dropped the car off for a new cage. Should be done by next weekend. Then paint the cage and install the interior. MIGHT make it out by June. Gggrrrrr......

Randy

Good, while you are waiting you and Sean can come tune.
Doug
Posted By: BradH

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/02/14 11:06 PM

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but the best way to put it is I haven't been ready for any season since 2008, IIRC.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/03/14 12:04 AM

Finished Matts other head today and picked up the crank yesterday afternoon. If my race gets canceled because of the expected rain his shortblock should be done tomorrow and we will finish it up Sunday. Lets go guys, its race time.
Posted By: LSP

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/04/14 04:27 AM

I wasn't ready to last season either.
Posted By: JBurch

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/04/14 01:54 PM

Not even close.......... :
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Who Else Isn't Ready for This Season? - 05/05/14 04:47 PM

As of now, not sure if I will race it this year.
Took me 4 months to build the engine for my streetcar.
Used to do that much work in a Saturday.
That is an example of how much my life has gotten away from me. I.E. OLD lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums