Moparts

Morel hyd rollers source

Posted By: LAD 524

Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 04:21 AM

Where do you guys get em from? Direct or a supplier? Im after a set for a street/sometime strip Hemi

I assume its better to run the ones with the bigger roller as below? Would this below be suitable ?

http://johncalliesinc.com/product.php?ProductNo=6073

Some don't like hyd rollers due to the Hemis valvetrain weight but if I use the right lifter/spring up to 6500 MAX it should be OK yes/no?

Cam will likely be @ 240-250 dur @ .050 max with around mid .550 - .570" of lift.

Thoughts ?
Posted By: LSP

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 04:49 AM

Call Straub Technologies, they'll set you up with the correct Morel lifters.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 05:15 AM

Erson cams. they sell them under the PBM name.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 02:24 PM

Doug Herberts "House Brand" HR's and solids are made by Morel
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 03:48 PM

Im a Morel dealer, and stock some of them. Shoot me a PM with all your info, and what your looking for exactly, and all the car/engine specs. We'll see what you need that way.

Thank you
Posted By: LSP

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 06:43 PM

Quote:

Im a Morel dealer, and stock some of them. Shoot me a PM with all your info, and what your looking for exactly, and all the car/engine specs. We'll see what you need that way.

Thank you

Didn't know that, you'll get the call next time.
Posted By: straubtech

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/22/14 10:37 PM

Morel has a couple of series of lifters for the Mopars. The street series is recommneded up to .375" lobe lift. This is for the guys wanting some weekend power and occasional blast down the track.
This is a cast OEM type body with a .700" wheel.

The pro series will take just about anything you throw at it. These lifters have a .810" tool steel wheel and axle, tool steel body, and feature pressure fed oiling to the needles. They will take more spring pressure than most will ever see and they will turn over 8000 rpm in a properly set up valvetrain.

We just had a 532 CID brand "C" engine make over 800HP on pump gas with a set of these to 7600 rpm.
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/23/14 04:37 PM

Good info for sure....

Im wondering if you have run the HP hyd rollers in a big inch street/strip Hemi and what did you find/learn ? Or even in engines that traditionally have valvetrain issues?

Some say that the Hemi's valvetrain is too heavy and the pushrod angles/pushrod seat in the hyd roller make it an unstable valvetrain not able to rpm easily.

Care to share?

Posted By: straubtech

Re: Morel hyd rollers source - 04/23/14 09:14 PM

Quote:

Good info for sure....

Im wondering if you have run the HP hyd rollers in a big inch street/strip Hemi and what did you find/learn ? Or even in engines that traditionally have valvetrain issues?

Some say that the Hemi's valvetrain is too heavy and the pushrod angles/pushrod seat in the hyd roller make it an unstable valvetrain not able to rpm easily.

Care to share?

Most of the stuff I do is BBC, but some of that is .371" stem stuff and it is heavy. Morel does use the same body on the high rpm stuff for Chevy/Ford/Mopar. In more than not the Mopar block will need to be bushed for it to work. The street stuff is just fine.

The .903" pro series lifter will benefit from a shorter pushrod due to the tall seat location in the lifter.

Most of the Mopar stuff I have cammed has been solid roller stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums