Moparts

A body dash update......First ones are finished.......

Posted By: B1CUDA

A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/14 05:25 AM

First, Thank you for being patient. I was given a 2 week lead time, and received more than half of the order this evening. I am satisfied with the construction, however, with any type of fiberglass, there will be some final prep that will be necessary, before painting your dash. Please note that I said PREP, and not WORK/FABRICATION.
In fairness, I made a list of those who ordered the dashes first, and will be contacting those folks first. This weekend is very busy for me, as today is my oldest sons birthday, and we will be knee deep in baseball games all weekend. I will contact the guys that ordered first, on Monday morning, and we will get these shipped.

Thank you all, very much! Have a great weekend!

Chris
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/14 06:35 AM

I'm last!
Posted By: cudadon

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/14 04:13 PM

Sounds like you are busy. How about some pics when you get a chance?
Thanks, Don

Attached picture 8109840-firewall.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/14 10:14 PM

Chris can you pm ur address i'd like to order one...No rush enjoy the kids day.Thanks
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/13/14 02:18 AM

Will these always be availible ? Or just special runs ? The reason I'm asking I because I need one, but not for a year or two (for my sons duster, as I already have one in mine )
Will they be availible form a company ? Unlimited ?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/13/14 02:30 AM

I don't see a dash
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/13/14 03:17 AM

Quote:

I don't see a dash

That's because you didn't order one!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 07:07 PM

Good morning. The first messages were sent to the first guys who placed orders. I saw a few posts, since Friday, and will do my best to answer them....

Jay - Let me know which type. With cutout for gauge cluster or without cutout? Send a PM.

Fishy - Send a PM, as I am keeping track of the orders, on a first come, first served basis. Thank you.

N20 - No, this is not a business for me. I saw a need, and would like to fill this minor void for us. A glass company may be placing this dash in their catalog, but, I was told that it will not be happening anytime soon. (So, here I am...lol) I have the molds, so, I will be happy to take care of you, when the time comes.

Cudadon & Quick Tree - Here are a couple pics with the cutout for a gauge cluster.....

Gentlemen - I own a very busy business, that takes a lot of my time. I will do my very best to answer any questions, and will ship your dashes as quickly as they are finished. As stated before, I am shipping the dashes to the folks that ordered them first. The dashes, as stated before, will obviously need final prep work, before paint, but, will not require any extensive work, to get them ready.

Thank you!
Chris

Attached picture 8112135-Dash1.jpg

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 07:08 PM

Pic 2

Attached picture 8112138-dash2.jpg

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 07:09 PM

Pic 3

Attached picture 8112140-Dash3.jpg
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 09:02 PM

Much nicer than the one I started out with....

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 09:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Jim. There is no fiberglass on the planet that will be "Perfect", but, I am happy with what has been produced.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 09:46 PM

very nice piece.
Posted By: bigblockrik

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 10:57 PM

Are there any more going to be made and can you get one with out the hole.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 11:05 PM

Quote:

Are there any more going to be made and can you get one with out the hole.

Yes and Yes. Shoot me a PM, if you want one.

Thank you.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/14/14 11:26 PM

Lookin good Chris............

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 12:32 AM

Quote:

Thank you, Pisan

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 12:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Jim. There is no fiberglass on the planet that will be "Perfect", but, I am happy with what has been produced.

It's a very nice looking piece......

I got mine a long time ago from WS Fiberglass and it was rough, to say the least......but when my body guys at Korek Design got done with it, it was killer.

I just wish I could have started with your piece. Coulda' saved a lot of time and money.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 12:35 AM

nice i am sure the local fiberglass nut will have something to say.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 12:36 AM

No....He won't!
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 12:37 AM

I was waiting for that.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 02:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you, Pisan

Back at ya............
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 03:45 AM

What does it weigh ? The WS piece is pretty heavy
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 04:00 AM

What is the weight savings, compared to a stock dash?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 05:15 AM

Quote:

What is the weight savings, compared to a stock dash?

If I remember, mine was about 5# when finished.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 07:16 AM

Is it okay to ask the price?? Pm me if need be, looks great!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 08:21 AM

Quote:

No....He won't!

I am sure I speak for many on here when I say this....thank you! Please don't let him back this time, or at least keep him out of this section.

The dash looks like a great piece for a fair price, hopefully they are available when I need one.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/15/14 05:26 PM

I weighed my factory dash frame (Without the gauge cluster, ashtray, glove box door, etc.) and it weighed just over 16 pounds. The glass dash weighs just at 4 pounds.

I will be getting in touch with everyone who sent messages yesterday/last night, and will confirm your order.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 06:35 PM

Good morning, guys. The production of the dashes is on schedule, and the first dashes have already been shipped, which leads me to a HUGE roadblock, that I was not expecting. To be perfectly honest, I intended on charging $200 per dash, with FREE SHIPPING. Due to the size of the box that the dashes are being shipped in, they are considered Oversize, and the shipping rates are absolutely insane. For instance, I shipped two dashes to Pennsylvania yesterday, and the UPS Ground charge was $132.00! (I offered to ship these dashes on my dime, and kept my word)

Having said that, I am left with a situation where I will literally be paying out of pocket, when all is said and done. I will not let any of you down, and will honor my obligation to those of you that have already sent funds. For those of you that have not sent funds, please be patient with me, as I figure this out. From the start, my intention was solely to help the Mopar crowd, by offering something that was not available. It is very frustrating to have a situation like this, pop up, when I am doing what I can, to keep the costs down for all of us. I apologize, however, I am honest to a fault, and am not afraid to speak the truth....ever. I will find a remedy to this, and will keep you updated.

P.S. If anyone has an insight on cheaper shipping, I am all ears. (UPS, FEDEX, USPS & DHL, are who I have tried already...fyi. All of their rates are out of this world expensive)

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 06:52 PM

Quote:

Good morning, guys. The production of the dashes is on schedule, and the first dashes have already been shipped, which leads me to a HUGE roadblock, that I was not expecting. To be perfectly honest, I intended on charging $200 per dash, with FREE SHIPPING. Due to the size of the box that the dashes are being shipped in, they are considered Oversize, and the shipping rates are absolutely insane. For instance, I shipped two dashes to Pennsylvania yesterday, and the UPS Ground charge was $132.00! (I offered to ship these dashes on my dime, and kept my word)

Having said that, I am left with a situation where I will literally be paying out of pocket, when all is said and done. I will not let any of you down, and will honor my obligation to those of you that have already sent funds. For those of you that have not sent funds, please be patient with me, as I figure this out. From the start, my intention was solely to help the Mopar crowd, by offering something that was not available. It is very frustrating to have a situation like this, pop up, when I am doing what I can, to keep the costs down for all of us. I apologize, however, I am honest to a fault, and am not afraid to speak the truth....ever. I will find a remedy to this, and will keep you updated.

P.S. If anyone has an insight on cheaper shipping, I am all ears. (UPS, FEDEX, USPS & DHL, are who I have tried already...fyi. All of their rates are out of this world expensive)

Thank you,
Chris

You're a good egg....
Posted By: fbs63

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 07:11 PM

Honestly I figured it was $200 plus shipping. I have no problem with that. I think if you open an account with UPS or FedEx and ship from a business its cheaper. Thanks again for doing this. Bob

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 07:20 PM

Quote:

Honestly I figured it was $200 plus shipping. I have no problem with that. I think if you open an account with UPS or FedEx and ship from a business its cheaper. Thanks again for doing this. Bob

Bob,

The rates that I have been given, are with open business accounts with UPS, USPS, etc.

I am awaiting a call from UPS, and will keep you updated.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 08:23 PM

Send me a dozen

BTW is my Dart ready yet

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 08:38 PM

Quote:

Send me a dozen

BTW is my Dart ready yet

You have my address. Bring an empty trailer, and you can have all of it, including the car. Golf is once again, looking reeeeeeeeeeal good to me right now.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 08:51 PM

Golf is looking good to me right now too. Even have a new cart.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 09:06 PM

Quote:

Golf is looking good to me right now too. Even have a new cart.

Al...I sold my clubs years ago!! Used the money to buy parts!!
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Thank you,
Chris

You are a great person

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/16/14 09:24 PM

I'm about out of parts and cars..Best time to move on I suppose
Posted By: AndyF

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/17/14 12:52 AM

No surprise there. I ship stuff all the time and it is super expensive for big stuff. It is also expensive to buy the correct size boxes and packaging materials. You'll have at least $20 per dash just in packaging materials plus the shipping charges. Most car stuff ships to the Mid West or East Coast so it is all zone 8 from the west coast.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/17/14 01:36 AM

check with the post office on something called standard post or parcel post
I shipped a set of dragster ramps from FL to HI and the boxes where about 48x12x12 and where 40lbs each and it was less than 100.00 for both boxes.
Now that is a slow boat ride but it was cheap.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/17/14 08:39 AM

I have heard that Greyhound will ship stuff also.
Maybe worth a shot because their buses go all over.
IF I was buying a dash from you I would pay for the shipping as
it sounds like the price for the dash is cheap enough.
You are a Good person to keep your word!!!!
Good Luck in you search.
David
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/17/14 11:14 AM

Quote:

Good Luck in you search.
David

x2 poss more sales here

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/17/14 02:26 PM

Quote:

Good Luck in you search.
David

Yes you can ship by Greyhound but I can tell you first hand you need to pack it REALLY well because they really throw the stuff around.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/18/14 10:50 PM

Hi guys. I apologize for disappearing for a few days, but, I have been doing everything I could possibly do to figure out this shipping nonsense. Simply put, there is no figuring it out. The prices are set in stone with everyone from USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc., etc., and it is disgusting what they are charging. Trust me, I have done literally everything I can do, to figure this out, and the numbers are not changing for the better.

So, I am left with a decision that will probably not be too popular with most of you, but, I truly hope that you will understand, and at the end of the day, realize that my intentions were nothing but the best. In crunching the numbers, I have made the decision to ship the dashes to western states, California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, etc.

I have 10 orders where I asked for payment, as your dash is ready, and/or been shipped, regardless of where you live. Those of you have already sent payment, and have been given tracking numbers.

For those of you that I have not asked for payment, unless you live in the west, I will not be asking for payment. I cannot begin to say how bad this makes me feel, as, once again, my intentions were to help the Mopar crowd. I will take the blame for thinking that the shipping would not be so outrageous. It is on me, and for that, I apologize. This is not a business venture for me, and I was not looking to make a profit, but, I was also not looking to pay out of pocket either, which has already begun. Having said that, I can hang my hat on the fact that I kept my word/obligation to those in the east/south that I received payments from, and their dashes have been shipped.

Now, I am left with dashes that, fingers crossed, some guys in Western states will be interested in?

I have always felt as if I had a decent reputation on this board, and feel that I have helped several of you, in answering questions/offering advice in PM's that have been sent over the years. I hope that this situation will not tarnish that.

Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/18/14 11:02 PM

You do what ya gotta do Chris and hopefully the rest understand........
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/18/14 11:23 PM

I'm sure prices have gone up some but I payed $135
to ship my glass hood from Florida to Mich from AAR...
maybe you need to check with some of your local companies
to see how they ship... some of the truck freight
companies might be alot less.... but you did come
up with a decent looking part
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 12:03 AM

Chris you have a real nice part and if I was in the market there would be one on my doorstep even if I had to pay the freight. Yes shipping is outrageous especially going to a residence. Shipping to a business or someones place of work will help to some extent.

Your honesty and forthrightness is commendable

I can only assume your first attention was to produce a quality part for a reasonable price (no small undertaking). The fact that the box ended up oversize, man they just you on the price and I'm sure reasonable people would understand.

Adjust accordingly and keep moving, you have a nice part with some demand out there
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 12:08 AM

Chris I sent you a members info from Yellowbullet after he had a post stating that he could save members big money on their shipping costs. If that doesn't work out if you ship out from a business that has a shipping account set up it will be a lot cheaper.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 01:02 AM

Quote:

Hi guys. I apologize for disappearing for a few days, but, I have been doing everything I could possibly do to figure out this shipping nonsense. Simply put, there is no figuring it out. The prices are set in stone with everyone from USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc., etc., and it is disgusting what they are charging. Trust me, I have done literally everything I can do, to figure this out, and the numbers are not changing for the better.

So, I am left with a decision that will probably not be too popular with most of you, but, I truly hope that you will understand, and at the end of the day, realize that my intentions were nothing but the best. In crunching the numbers, I have made the decision to ship the dashes to western states, California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, etc.

I have 10 orders where I asked for payment, as your dash is ready, and/or been shipped, regardless of where you live. Those of you have already sent payment, and have been given tracking numbers.

For those of you that I have not asked for payment, unless you live in the west, I will not be asking for payment. I cannot begin to say how bad this makes me feel, as, once again, my intentions were to help the Mopar crowd. I will take the blame for thinking that the shipping would not be so outrageous. It is on me, and for that, I apologize. This is not a business venture for me, and I was not looking to make a profit, but, I was also not looking to pay out of pocket either, which has already begun. Having said that, I can hang my hat on the fact that I kept my word/obligation to those in the east/south that I received payments from, and their dashes have been shipped.

Now, I am left with dashes that, fingers crossed, some guys in Western states will be interested in?

I have always felt as if I had a decent reputation on this board, and feel that I have helped several of you, in answering questions/offering advice in PM's that have been sent over the years. I hope that this situation will not tarnish that.

Chris

hey man thanks for at least trying.what if a person was up for paying the shipping? also is Missouri to far? I have a business address i have all my parts shipped to if that would help? i still want one bad but i am still a ways out from being ready to buy one. But if you still don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping one that far out. No problem man and i wish you the best.thanks Bobby Miller

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 01:28 AM

I applaud your effort and I have no dog in this hunt and not sure if you looked at this option but according to USPS.com you can ship a package Standard Post pretty cheap.
I put in a package 60x12x12 15lbs going from LA 90001 to Fl 34772 and the web shows 38.21.
http://postcalc.usps.com/MailServices.as...gt=0&live=0

Just trying to help out.

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 01:38 AM

Check into Fastenall store located near you.They offer very reasonable store to store shipping!!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 01:49 AM

Quote:

I applaud your effort and I have no dog in this hunt and not sure if you looked at this option but according to USPS.com you can ship a package Standard Post pretty cheap.
I put in a package 60x12x12 15lbs going from LA 90001 to Fl 34772 and the web shows 38.21.
http://postcalc.usps.com/MailServices.as...gt=0&live=0

Just trying to help out.

I appreciate you posting the link, however, you didn't check the "Oversize" box, which is anything over 12 inches in size. I used the exact example that you used, with the exception of my zip code, and the box size (60x16x16), and the rate is $132.29 to the same zip in Florida.

Guys, I understand if you want/need a dash, but, the thing that makes me sick is that I never intended for any of you to pay shipping, let alone, being stuck paying these stupid crazy shipping rates. I can only be honest, and if the shoe were on the other foot, I wouldn't pay close to, or over $100 in shipping fees alone.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:01 AM

If I buy one will you deliver it personally.??

You're a good egg Buddy..

Chris..

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:05 AM

Quote:

If I buy one will you deliver it personally.??

You're a good egg Buddy..

Chris..

Yes sir! The mini skirt and heels will cost extra.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:10 AM

Granted you were trying to have the shipping cost part
of the package but... just a but.. if a guy wants one
charge the shipping cost and send it out... I'm sure
if someone wants one they will pay the shipping

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:14 AM

Quote:

don't worry about shipping cost, no body likes it but not a lot of choice.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:19 AM

Quote:

Understood, but, this is a considerable add to the purchase price. Personally, if I want something, I will just pay for it, in order to get it in my hands. Having said that, I think that it is only fair to let everyone know exactly what has transpired. I guess I will take this on a order by order basis, as I still want to do what my original plan was, and that is help the Mopar crowd.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Understood, but, this is a considerable add to the purchase price. Personally, if I want something, I will just pay for it, in order to get it in my hands. Having said that, I think that it is only fair to let everyone know exactly what has transpired. I guess I will take this on a order by order basis, as I still want to do what my original plan was, and that is help the Mopar crowd.

Well you would be helping the Mopar people... you
had the dash built... you cant foresee shipping cost
and as some said... they expected the shipping as
a add on... I will ASSUME that you had the boxes
built also... so add that in.... NO ONE expects you
loose money on a deal.... I am selling a engine right
now and its going overseas... the customer knows
he is paying for the crating and shipping(at first
I didnt want to sell overseas but he has no problem
with the added cost)

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 02:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well you would be helping the Mopar people... you
had the dash built... you cant foresee shipping cost
and as some said... they expected the shipping as
a add on... I will ASSUME that you had the boxes
built also... so add that in.... NO ONE expects you
loose money on a deal.... I am selling a engine right
now and its going overseas... the customer knows
he is paying for the crating and shipping(at first
I didnt want to sell overseas but he has no problem
with the added cost)

Thanks, P. Ya know, I always liked you.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 03:16 AM

to tell the truth when I saw the price I thought it was plus shipping .
Posted By: Challenger

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 03:07 PM

Like what was already mentioned you are helping the mopar crowd with building the dash. If someone wants your dash they will pay the shipping. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 05:39 PM

Here is a thought. Take orders for a set amount of time going to the eastern states. Crate them up and ship them truck freight to a fellow member that is willing to help out on the other side of the country. Cuts the cost of shipping down but the buyer may have to drive a little to go pick it up.
I shipped a complete race engine from Vancouver Island B.C. to ohio for 657 bucks with import duties and customs brokerage costs. That was 640 lbs.

Just a thought, Beep

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 05:48 PM

If I were building an A-body and trying to lighten the load, I'd pay the shipping. Shipping is shipping, having nothing to do with the product and its quality.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/19/14 07:10 PM

All I can say is, Chris is one heck of a guy. Looking forward to seeing the dash!
Posted By: rowin4

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 06:03 AM

When I bought my fiberglass dash for my 'cuda I paid the shipping it was $100+ something. Yes I thought it was high but that's just part of doing what we do. Same with the fiberglass hood.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 06:32 AM

Price shipping heads sometime. That's why I don't advertise and just take local work.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 01:23 PM

Quote:

Price shipping heads sometime. That's why I don't advertise and just take local work.

I need to get a shipping price on a crated up engine
in a couple of days... I'm shipping it to Cali. then
from there it goes to OZ land... but my only concern
is getting it to Cali.. then he takes care of it...
I have NO IDEA what it'll cost

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 03:36 PM

mike try engine shipping.com.
I'm pretty sure that's the name.
they gave me some good price's when I was selling my engine.
brad

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 03:41 PM

Also, there are some cats on here that travel across the states with enclosed trailers or just large vehicles like a Van and can deliver it to the closest location to the customer for a lot less. The customer would then have to drive locally to that drop off point for pick up and sign off. It could work for a few pieces at least till you clear up your first commitments.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/20/14 04:20 PM

Mike I shipped a sb from FL to NV it was less than 400.00 with engineshipping.com and that was picked up at my house and delivered to a terminal.
Now that was about 2 years ago.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/21/14 04:25 PM

Quote:

Cudadon & Quick Tree - Here are a couple pics with the cutout for a gauge cluster.....

Thank you!
Chris

That's a good looking dash!
NOT inc. shipping, how much is the dash?
Racing has started for me. But I may get one for winter mods.
Like has been said you have to ship parts.

When my engine needs freshened I drive it out to RBRE because it's cheaper than paying $600 for shipping. Plus I'm there for the fun on the dyno. Wrap it up and take it home.
Thanks, Don

Attached picture 8119678-RayandI.JPG

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/21/14 07:46 PM

The dash, with or without cutout is $200.00 + shipping.

Thank you,
Chris
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 03:28 AM

Can't wait!

Thanks again!

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 04:09 AM

Got two dashes today, look awesome thanks Chris.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 04:50 AM

Quote:

Got two dashes today, look awesome thanks Chris.

You're welcome, Brad! Thank you very much!

Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 04:54 AM

It's really what I wanted in a dash, and super light. Should look really good with all my bezels on, really look like a factory dash a first glance.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 05:37 AM

Quote:

It's really what I wanted in a dash, and super light. Should look really good with all my bezels on, really look like a factory dash a first glance.

Thanks, Brad. That is exactly what I was going for. A factory replica, where you can still use your bezels, but, light as a feather.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 10:18 PM

Everyone who has ordered a dash, has been sent a PM, with payment info, or confirmation of what type of dash you want to order (or both), along with a request for your zip, to figure shipping. Please check your PM's, and get back to me.

All current orders (that have been paid), have been shipped, and are on their way to you.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/22/14 10:34 PM

Nice job Chris! You are a stand up dude for sure!!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/23/14 01:52 AM

Quote:

Also, there are some cats on here that travel across the states with enclosed trailers or just large vehicles like a Van and can deliver it to the closest location to the customer for a lot less. The customer would then have to drive locally to that drop off point for pick up and sign off. It could work for a few pieces at least till you clear up your first commitments.

-and here is a Mopar guy that does exactly that. Used him for cars and parts. Lives in the Chicago area. Jim Rhinehart (224) 688-4352.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/24/14 10:41 PM

X2 on the Fastenal idea. Just saw this at FABO:

Fastenal stores does logistics I had a Chrysler 413 short block sent from Dallas, Tx to Tipton, In for $175.00 no special packaging either. shipping large and heavy items for a fraction of others.

I want a dash too. Are any orders from the North Alabama area so maybe we can combine?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/24/14 11:25 PM

Birds of a Feather weight stay together to play.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/25/14 10:42 PM

Thanks for the responses, regarding the shipping rates. I am using a UPS business account, and it seems to be the cheapest way to go, so far. I checked with the local Fastenal, and they said that I would need to be a dealer, blah, blah, blah

As of today, 4/25, all orders have been shipped, and tracking numbers have been PM'ed. For those of you that want a dash, send me a PM, with your zip code, and I will reply as quickly as I see your post. (We have a heads up race this weekend, so, I may not get back to you, until Monday morning)

Thank you!
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/28/14 03:52 PM

Unwrapped mine last night, great looking piece for sure!

Thanks Chris!

Attached picture 8126826-IMAG2020.jpg

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/28/14 04:51 PM

use aluminum fasteners for an even lighter assembly. Every ounce counts.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/28/14 07:23 PM

Quote:

Unwrapped mine last night, great looking piece for sure!

Thanks Chris!

Thanks, Dave! I appreciate the kind words.

Chris
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 04:50 AM

Got mine today. Looks like a nice piece. Bet I put it to use quicker than anyone else. Thanks again Chris.
Posted By: draginmopars

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 06:09 AM

got ours today

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 05:25 PM

Quote:

Got mine today. Looks like a nice piece. Bet I put it to use quicker than anyone else. Thanks again Chris.

All of these nice responses are exactly what I was trying to accomplish when I decided to do this. Pretty cool to see, and I appreciate it.

As of today, 4/29/14, I have more dashes going out the door, and all parties will be sent tracking numbers in a PM.

I am getting 10 more dashes delivered this evening, so, on top of my current stock, inventory is not a problem.

Thank you!
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 05:47 PM

Chris.. you did a nice job developing and getting the
product out the door in a timely fashion for a nice
part... great job

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

Chris.. you did a nice job developing and getting the
product out the door in a timely fashion for a nice
part... great job

Thank you, sir.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 10:24 PM

I haven't ever had the dash completely out of my car before. The stock steering column has its own supports or does it attach to the actual dash? Basically I want to know if the stock column could be used with a fiberglass dash. Thanks!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 10:41 PM

Quote:

I haven't ever had the dash completely out of my car before. The stock steering column has its own supports or does it attach to the actual dash? Basically I want to know if the stock column could be used with a fiberglass dash. Thanks!

The column mounts to the dash frame.. a minor bit of work
you can mount it to the firewall at the bottom of
the windshield area

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/29/14 10:42 PM

Quote:

On a factory dash, there is a metal support for the steering column. The glass dash does not have the support, however, it could still be used if you fab up a support.....for instance, off of your dash/knee bar, if you have a cage/bar in the car?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 04:08 AM

Yes, but its lacking the dash/knee bar. However if I pulled the dash I would have the front bars redone and a bar added in, so sounds like the stock column is not a problem. I hope your still doing these when I get around to that part of the car.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 05:47 PM

Good morning, guys. It just occurred to me that I never posted a pic of our blank dash panel (without the cutout for the gauge cluster, etc.) Sorry for the pic quality, but, this was a quick shot with my cell.

Thank you!
Chris

Attached picture 8129054-Dash...NoCutout.jpg

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 06:14 PM

I would like one and I live near Huntsville, Al which has a Fastenal shop. Have you looked into their shipping costs? Reply by PM or here in the thread.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 06:24 PM

Quote:

I would like one and I live near Huntsville, Al which has a Fastenal shop. Have you looked into their shipping costs? Reply by PM or here in the thread.

Airwoofer - I will be happy to check on shipping via UPS, which is the cheapest I have found, even cheaper than Fastenal, not to mention, when I attempted to ship through them, it was going to take an act of congress, to open an account with them.
1. They were more expensive than UPS
2. I don't like congress....

Will check on shipping, and send you a PM in a few minutes.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 08:40 PM

We added an after-market Dash Cap

the fit is excellent

Thanks
Chris-for a well made product

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/30/14 09:46 PM

Thank you, sir!
Posted By: fbs63

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 12:01 AM

Where did the cap come from? Looks awesome!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 12:39 AM

I would like to know as well. I like the way it looks!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 01:39 AM

Quote:

I would like to know as well. I like the way it looks!

there all over ebay
Posted By: 69413valiant

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 03:20 AM

I'd like one with the gauge cutout
Posted By: QuickDart 502

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 05:21 AM

If i send you my dash out of my 69 Dart can you make me a blank dash with a instrument cluster mount for my Race Pak cluster.

Attached picture 8129954-NCM_0175.JPG

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/01/14 06:17 PM

Quote:

If i send you my dash out of my 69 Dart can you make me a blank dash with a instrument cluster mount for my Race Pak cluster.

At this point, I am not making dashes that will accept Racepak stuff. I will be doing a few, (including my own) in the near future, but, not at the moment. I will send you a PM with pics, when I do my dash, and see what you think.
Posted By: Dartwizer

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/02/14 02:56 AM

Got the dash today,very good product,well packed..Thanks Chris for doing this for us, ,,Jimmy

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/02/14 06:47 PM

Got mine last night! Super stoaked to get it in the car. WAY, WAY better than the one I had made out of aluminum. It will make it look correct and it is super light!

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS!!!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/02/14 06:53 PM

Pretty cool to see that everyone is happy with their dash.

Mission accomplished.........

Thanks again, guys!
Chris
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/03/14 06:28 AM

Hey Chris I have to say my dash is worth every penney i paid for it, nice piece.

The shipping company I used used was very flaky and I would not recommend them for future use.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/03/14 06:35 AM

Quote:

Hey Chris I have to say my dash is worth every penney i paid for it, nice piece.

The shipping company I used used was very flaky and I would not recommend them for future use.

Down goes Fraiser..

Chris..

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/03/14 08:19 AM

Quote:

Uh-oh, it seems as if my dear friend Rod (JustaDart) has bumped his head? There is truth to the fact that he got a smoking deal on his dash, but, he was his own delivery service, as he came to my shop, to pick it up. (Go easy on him guys, he is old and a bit senile) It's Ok buddy, I will forgive your confusion. Oh, by the way, if you happen to see people laughing at your car, as it goes down the track, at the next NMCA race, I promise to help you find the guy that tied the blow up doll to your rear bumper.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/03/14 10:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Uh-oh, it seems as if my dear friend Rod (JustaDart) has bumped his head? There is truth to the fact that he got a smoking deal on his dash, but, he was his own delivery service, as he came to my shop, to pick it up. (Go easy on him guys, he is old and a bit senile) It's Ok buddy, I will forgive your confusion. Oh, by the way, if you happen to see people laughing at your car, as it goes down the track, at the next NMCA race, I promise to help you find the guy that tied the blow up doll to your rear bumper.

Now I see..

I thought you delivered it..

Chris..
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/03/14 05:14 PM

Thanks Chris, I know you got my back.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/06/14 05:46 PM

Good morning, gentlemen! As of this morning, all orders have been shipped, and although I only intended on selling a handful of these dashes, I have shipped 76 as of this morning.....

I have reached out to everyone who has asked for one, but, there are several folks who have not sent funds. Under different circumstances, I wouldn't really have a problem shipping a dash before receiving funds, but, due to the shipping costs, I have to have your zip/shipping info, before I can give you a final quote.

For those of you that are interested, send me a PM with your zip code (Home or business address please), and I will respond asap, with a total for you.

Dashes are $200.00

Thank you!
Chris
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/07/14 05:55 AM

Did you get my PM?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/07/14 05:56 PM

Quote:

Did you get my PM?

Scott,
Check your PM's.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/07/14 06:21 PM

Maybe I should get in on the fun myself..

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 05/07/14 06:33 PM

Quote:

Maybe I should get in on the fun myself..

I'll trade you 10 dashes for that funny looking motor with the orange valve covers.....

(Give me a buzz if you want one)
Posted By: twisted74

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 06/26/14 10:30 PM

Hey Chris,
I sure could use one of your dashes for my Duster.

49548 zip.
Thanks, Randy
Posted By: RV2

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 06/30/14 02:44 AM

Im interested in a dash if you have any left
PM sent

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 07/20/14 05:40 PM

I have been trying to contact B1CUDA, has anyone heard from him? No answers to my PMs and no postings from him since May? I want to get a dash for my Valiant.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 08/05/14 04:07 AM

Nobody has heard from him ?

We would like to get another one

Got the 1st one in the Dart
without pulling the windshield

(don't mind the mess, on the trans tunnel,
had to section/raise and widen the tunnel
to install the CSI trans shield, into the stock floor)carpet should still fit

We cut the bolts off from the bottom
re-install with round headed 1/4" x 1" bolts

Fits VERY NICE

topped it off with an aftermarket dash cap

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 08/05/14 05:21 AM

He is not making anymore dashes at this time. You will need to find another source.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 04:06 PM

Bump.

Does anybody know if he is going to make anymore?
Posted By: 68valiant68

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 06:45 PM

I have one here in ohio I'm not going to use if you need one bigtime

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 06:59 PM

Same here in Detroit, Dart project got pushed to a way back burner unfortunately...visiting family in NJ over xmas, so delivery could probably be arranged

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 07:04 PM

Im a buyer for one guys, pm me please!
Posted By: TT5 Valiant

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 07:49 PM

I'm interested in one also, PM me please.
Posted By: digbyden

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 08:04 PM

BigTime was asking for me, how can I get it and how much?
Posted By: digbyden

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 08:07 PM

Quote:

Same here in Detroit, Dart project got pushed to a way back burner unfortunately...visiting family in NJ over xmas, so delivery could probably be arranged

sounds like there are 2 available in the entire country, Mike get back its mine!! LOL

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/23/14 09:28 PM

Jason, I will make you a carbon fiber one.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/25/14 05:09 AM

i'm looking for one also.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/25/14 06:04 AM

GlassTek has some now and their Mint.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/25/14 07:55 AM

Quote:

Jason, I will make you a carbon fiber one.

How much is one of those sir? Where in Nebraska are you?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/20/14 04:57 AM

I received my dash from B1CUDA today, well packed, thing of beauty!

GREAT job!
Posted By: johndart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/20/14 06:01 AM

Any one else have one they are willing to part with, I would like one for my winter rebuild. Please PM me. Thanks John
Shipping would need to be to my US address, Niagara Falls, NY

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/20/14 07:09 PM

Quote:

He is not making anymore dashes at this time. You will need to find another source.

Glasstek is making them! 630-978-9897

www.glasstek.com

Don

Attached picture 8336911-wheelsup5-1-11.jpg

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/21/14 12:53 AM

I received my dash from B1CUDA today, looks great!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/06/14 06:33 PM

Thanks for the nice responses, fellas!

For any of you interested, I have 5 dashes that are ready for delivery, if interested. Shoot me a PM, if interested, and we will take care of you.

On a side note, Yes, I had a bit of a health scare, at the beginning of the year, but, seem to be over the hump , and although not a big production (so far), I am offering the dashes on a limited basis.

As stated before, these are first come, first served. I will do everything I can to make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Happy to say, that I have now sold over 100 dashes, and have not had a single complaint....yet....lol.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/06/14 07:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the nice responses, fellas!

For any of you interested, I have 5 dashes that are ready for delivery, if interested. Shoot me a PM, if interested, and we will take care of you.

On a side note, Yes, I had a bit of a health scare, at the beginning of the year, but, seem to be over the hump , and although not a big production (so far), I am offering the dashes on a limited basis.

As stated before, these are first come, first served. I will do everything I can to make sure that you are happy with your purchase. Happy to say, that I have now sold over 100 dashes, and have not had a single complaint....yet....lol.

Great guy as usual Chris................ Al told me of some issues and was waiting for you to post. Glad you`re doin better.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/07/14 06:29 AM

Thanks, Dom. Been a bumpy year for sure. Not ready to leave this planet quite yet. Have to raise my kids, and eventually find out what a 5 second Pro Mod pass feels like.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/07/14 07:36 AM

No problem and I`ve lost a few people in my life here lately and my last friend that was murdered made me realize how precious every minute is so lets kick ass and take names in whatever we do. Stay healthy brother............

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 02:08 AM

Hey guys. Haven't been on here in quite some time. I have had some more requests for glass dashes, and am taking orders. I have 5 that are ready to ship. Out of respect, these are sent first come, first served. I will respond with any questions that you may have (In a PM), but, please be patient, as I have a main business that keeps me very busy. Thanks in advance, and hope everyone is doing great!

Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 03:27 AM

I want one for sure this time. Had one before but never pulled the trigger. I want the plain, not ralley dash pattern for my drag car. Still $200? Chris
Posted By: RV2

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 03:29 AM

Can you give an update on the pricing?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 03:32 AM

For some reason, I am not able to see any of the pics posted. I would like one as well I think.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 05:07 AM

Price is still $200.00 + Shipping

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 05:37 AM

anyway you could post a couple pics?
the ones at the beginning aren't working fo me .
thank

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 05:40 AM

I will post some pics in the am, as soon as I get into the office. (My dash pics are on my office computer)

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 06:09 AM

Pm sent!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 10/28/15 07:01 PM

Here is a quick shot of the dash.

For those asking, this dash is an EXACT fit dash, meaning all factory mounting points are still utilized, however, on my personal car, I have the dash secured with 2 dzus fasteners on the top sides, and 2 dzus fasteners on the lower edges, which will allow me to remove the entire dash within seconds, if I needed to.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 01:39 AM

May have to get one of those and sit it to the side for a bit. Nice looking piece.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 02:00 AM

If you want one Wes just give Chris the word... I'm picking one up at Street car supernats, I can certainly pick up two.... and my daughter lives in Phoenix now so I could get it down to you.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 02:14 AM

Jay, thanks man. Will do.
Will discuss it with the Commander-in-Wife.....LOL!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 03:51 AM

Wes! How are you? Hope all is well with you and yours? (I hardly ever get on this board anymore) I will be happy to put one to the side for you, or bring an additional one to SCSN, and give yours to Jay. Say the words, and I will take care of it.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 03:58 AM

Hey Chris. Doing well and hope the same for you/yours. I too rarely come on here, but I do from time to time to say hello to folks or see whats going on, etc. I'll shoot you a PM if I decide to pull the trigger. Thanks man.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/01/15 04:05 AM

Wes. Chris. Nice to hear everything is well. Got mine from Chris about a year ago, haven't done much more than take it out of the box, but it's a really nice piece!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/02/15 08:00 AM

MoparBilly..... buying lightweight parts, racing a small block..... who da thunk! I'm sure Daryl be at street car with Vic... you making the trek too Billy?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/02/15 07:09 PM

Did someone say Streetcar....

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/02/15 07:51 PM

Coming up Saturday after work...... important meeting at Zepatas smile

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/03/15 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Did someone say Streetcar....

Yes, and 1st, 2nd & 3rd rounds are on YOU at Zapatas. punkrocka

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/04/15 03:14 AM

Can't wait to check out my new dash!

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/04/15 05:54 AM

suddenly that dash got VERY expensive frown

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/04/15 10:02 AM

Sounds good to me, so long as I pick the poison smile
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/04/15 11:45 AM

The "Doc" is going to be pissed... boogie
Posted By: 69413valiant

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/16/15 06:02 AM

Would like to buy one

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/16/15 06:22 AM

B1
That dash looks dashing.
Great job.
Hopefully the speculators will take the leap of faith and just get one. These things are hard to bring to reality from concept, sketches, molding and finished product for mounting. Worth the doe if I had an A-car.
Best.
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/16/15 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Sounds good to me, so long as I pick the poison smile

I'm down, also wanna check out one of those dashes.

Curtis

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/16/15 03:21 PM

I got my dash and it looks great! We're considering a 2nd one for future builds

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 11/16/15 07:07 PM

Thanks for the nice responses, guys! As of today, 11/16, I am out of stock, and will not be producing any more dashes, until just after Thanksgiving. I am posting this, as I don't want to leave anyone hanging with their build. If you are interested in a dash, please shoot me a PM, and, as always, I will take care of everyone on a "First come, first served" basis, to be fair. On another related note, I do not get on this site, anywhere as much as I used to, but, will certainly check my PM's, and will get back to you, as quickly as I see your PM.

Thank you all very much, and have a great Thanksgiving!

Chris
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/16/15 12:28 AM

Chris, check your pm's
Posted By: rgreule

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/16/15 05:32 AM

great quality product.. little to zero work will be needed to get ready for paint..

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/16/15 05:38 AM

Thanks again Chris! now I have one for my Dart, and got my old man one for his Gen III dart project. Nice piece for sure!
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 12/19/15 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By B1CUDA

For those asking, this dash is an EXACT fit dash, meaning all factory mounting points are still utilized, however, on my personal car, I have the dash secured with 2 dzus fasteners on the top sides, and 2 dzus fasteners on the lower edges, which will allow me to remove the entire dash within seconds, if I needed to.

Chris, any chance of you posting pics of the way yours is mounted? I still have a stock dash in my Cuda, but without the pad, as we had to cut the corners for cage clearance. It would be nice to have a removable one when I am doing clutch adjustments.

-Dave

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/12/16 04:25 PM

Anybody have an email or a number for Chris? trying to get a dash ordered and haven't had any luck sending him a PM.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 05:19 PM

Hey guys. I had a few "possible" orders, from guys that didn't commit, and also had a few that flaked on me, and didn't pay. Like I said in the past, this is not my primary business, and when this cr_p started to happen, it was real easy for me to pull the plug, as I don't need the drama. I will be happy to recheck my pm's, and will respond to each and every one of them. A few guys here screwed up a good thing, as I thought I was filling a void. Having said that, over 200 dashes have been sold, and I have had zero complaints.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 05:45 PM

Hey guys. I had a few "possible" orders, from guys that didn't commit, and also had a few that flaked on me, and didn't pay. Like I said in the past, this is not my primary business, and when this cr_p started to happen, it was real easy for me to pull the plug, as I don't need the drama. I will be happy to recheck my pm's, and will respond to each and every one of them. A few guys here screwed up a good thing, as I thought I was filling a void. Having said that, over 200 dashes have been sold, and I have had zero complaints.

Hoping to hear from you soon. I just need to know how to get a payment to you Chris. Anyway, hoping to hear from you soon. Also, check your pm's, I'm going to leave my number an email for you.
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 06:24 PM

Thanks for doing what you do, looking forward to the dash when you can get to it.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 06:55 PM

All PM's have been returned, as of this post. For those of you that have purchased my dashes, I appreciate it, and certainly appreciate all of the kind words, once you received them. Having said that, for the guys that have inquired since November'ish, I apologize for not getting back in touch with you, as this is when a few knuckleheads on this board, thought they could stiff me, on paying, etc., when I sent the dashes in good faith. I have decided to do this again, as I don't want a few bad apples to mess it up, for the good guys, but, please make no mistake, this is not my main source of income, and I will not hesitate to stop doing production, if the nonsense continues. (Not trying to sound like a tough guy, but, it is what it is) I saw a need for these, and thought that I was helping to fill a void, but, will not tolerate any nonsense. When sending a PM, please include the correct address where you want the dash shipped, so that I can get you a confirmed shipping quote.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 07:07 PM

I praise your efforts Chris and also understand the "knuckleheads" deal as several have inquired about carb work, I give em a quote only to never hear from them again. At LEAST have the cahones to say "no thanks" or SOMETHING............A guy tried to take his BMW last week and hand me a check needless to say he got me CASH.......... tsk

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 08:19 PM

I know a guy who still needs one wave

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 08:37 PM

You pay extra, Alguire! laugh2

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 08:42 PM

of course.....

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 08:52 PM

How wide and tall are the A-body dashes.. I'm thinking
of changing the race car to something else.. I was
looking at the GM glass dash but I think I would prefer
the A-body one instead... Chris you did a nice job from
what I see... sorry to hear you have a few bone heads
that stiffed you
wave

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 09:34 PM

Shame to hear of people abusing this opportunity. I bought a dash and I can assure anyone wondering that you will have zero issues with Chris or the product.

If you owe him money, get out the gutter and make it right! Nobody likes a lowlife

Mr. P I'll be home in about an hour, I can measure mine and post results or pm you.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Shame to hear of people abusing this opportunity. I bought a dash and I can assure anyone wondering that you will have zero issues with Chris or the product.

If you owe him money, get out the gutter and make it right! Nobody likes a lowlife

Mr. P I'll be home in about an hour, I can measure mine and post results or pm you.

Thanks... I'm sure its wider than my P-body but
wondering how much I would need to cut it down to
fit my junk.. I'm thinking about putting my P back
on the road.. or maybe even use it for DW
wave

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 10:12 PM

Mr. P, the A body dashes are exact specs as a factory dash (I apologize as I don't have the dimensions handy at the moment) If you are planning on doing something for "P", I would look in to a Cobalt/Cavalier dash from QuarterMax, Bickel, etc. (They are narrow, and in my opinion, would look sweet in your car) Just a thought..........

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/13/16 10:25 PM

Mr. P, the A body dashes are exact specs as a factory dash (I apologize as I don't have the dimensions handy at the moment) If you are planning on doing something for "P", I would look in to a Cobalt/Cavalier dash from QuarterMax, Bickel, etc. (They are narrow, and in my opinion, would look sweet in your car) Just a thought..........

Thats what I have been looking at... they make a
2 piece one that as far as I know can be over lapped
so it might fit better.. I dont know.. but I sorta
wanted a 1 piece unit
wave
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 01:35 AM

Chris, I put the one you sent back with Kevin a couple weeks ago and it's nice.I'll be able to put guages where I want. BTW can't wait to see the Dart!

Attached picture IMG_20160110_113134196-640x480.jpg
Posted By: 506RR

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 02:17 AM

I have one of these dashes still new in the box. Good piece Chris. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Having said that, I have changed directions, so if anyone has an interest in it please PM me.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 02:50 AM

Chris, how hard would it be for you to narrow one of your dashes before it's sent to a customer?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By mopacltd
Chris, how hard would it be for you to narrow one of your dashes before it's sent to a customer?

I dont think he can do that without building a new mold
and thats not cheap... I was thinking of making a cut X
amount of inches inboard and shrinking it and glassing
the end back on... or cutting the ends off and making my
own ends... or looking into the GM stuff... but thats me..
I cant say what Chris will/can do
wave
Posted By: Skypower

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 03:42 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: astjp2

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 04:11 AM

www.frieghtcenter.com is who I used to get quotes from, I shipped a hemi world block from Mi to Ut for $250, they are just a freight forwarding company. Tim

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 04:13 AM

These dashes weigh just under 3 pounds. If you wanted to make it "Your Own", it would actually be pretty easy. Having said that, Mr. P is correct in that I would have to produce a new mold, and that is something that I have never considered, as this dash is a direct fit to any 67-76 A-body. In designing these, I just tried to simplify them as much as possible, but, they can certainly be modified to any dimension to fit your build, once you receive it. If you are going to be at MATS this year, I am considering producing 25-30, and bringing them with me, so, that folks can save on shipping costs.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By mikeysmopars
Chris, I put the one you sent back with Kevin a couple weeks ago and it's nice.I'll be able to put guages where I want. BTW can't wait to see the Dart!

Very cool! Look forward to meeting you.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/14/16 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By astjp2
www.frieghtcenter.com is who I used to get quotes from, I shipped a hemi world block from Mi to Ut for $250, they are just a freight forwarding company. Tim

I will only ship via UPS, in the continental US. Sorry if this is an inconvenience, but, I have had zero issues with UPS, shipping over 200 dashes so far.

Thank you for the heads up though, I appreciate it.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/22/16 03:56 AM

Good evening, fellas. I took delivery of another run of dashes last night, and for the first time, after producing/selling over 200 of these things, I was very disappointed in the quality of the current run. After asking a few obvious questions, I found that the current materials, used to construct the dashes, were, "Hecho in Mexico".........well, that is not acceptable to me, as the dashes looked like honey comb, instead of a good looking, good quality construction. Having said that, I ate the production cost of 10 dashes (Not happy about that either), and have purchased the correct, MADE IN THE USA materials, that I thought were still being used. I apologize for a further delay, but, the only thing I can do, is be honest and up front with you. For those of you that have sent payment, I have sent you a PM. I will not deposit any of your funds until I have a tracking number, and know that your dash has been placed on the UPS truck. I have been promised that the next run of dashes will be delivered next Wednesday, and will certainly keep you posted. I have never had a bump in the road, all of the time that I have provided these, but, one thing that I will never do, is sell junk. Period.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/22/16 04:24 AM

Bring the "blems" to MaTS.... you never know. Might be plenty "good enough" in some peoples book!
Posted By: Skypower

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/22/16 05:34 AM

Chris can you please Pm me how to get you paid for one these dashes.

Thanks
Bob

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/22/16 07:17 AM

Bob- Just sent you a pm.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/27/16 06:52 PM

Good morning, guys. I took delivery of another run of dashes last night, and they will boxed/shipped starting today. In fairness, I will send the dashes to those that ordered first. All dashes will be shipped no later than tomorrow, and I will post your UPS tracking number, in a PM to you. I appreciate your patience, as this was unexpected, and a bit of a learning experience as well.

Thank you,
Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 01/28/16 11:13 PM

Good afternoon! All dashes have been shipped, and all tracking numbers have been sent in a private message, or emailed.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/03/16 05:33 PM

Thanks Chris, got my dash yesterday, happy with the quality and can't wait to install it.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/04/16 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By Adrielp
Thanks Chris, got my dash yesterday, happy with the quality and can't wait to install it.

Glad it got to you safely. Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Chris

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/04/16 02:00 AM

Hey Chris, you goin to Fontucky this weekend?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 03:03 AM

Yes......to drop off some dashes to Mandella, and to sell a spare junior dragster motor......lol.

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 03:06 AM

Maybe I`ll see ya there...........

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 03:11 AM

thumbs

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 06:27 AM

you going to that "grudge" race that's on the (IIRC) the 27th? I was thinking about driving over for that.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Bring the "blems" to MaTS.... you never know. Might be plenty "good enough" in some peoples book!

The big problem with selling "blems" is that when someone else sees and mentions the poor quality, the purchaser never seems to mention he was a cheap azz and tried to save a buck, and it's the sellers reputation that takes the hit.

Same as installing cheaper parts, or customer supplied stuff. When the parts turn out as crap, el cheapo customer never steps up and admits it was his fault - the builders rep takes the hit.

In these cases, let the SELLER beware . . .

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/05/16 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By Evil Spirit
Originally Posted By J_BODY

The big problem with selling "blems" is that when someone else sees and mentions the poor quality, the purchaser never seems to mention he was a cheap azz and tried to save a buck, and it's the sellers reputation that takes the hit.

Same as installing cheaper parts, or customer supplied stuff. When the parts turn out as crap, el cheapo customer never steps up and admits it was his fault - the builders rep takes the hit.

In these cases, let the SELLER beware . . .

All of the blems were turned into tiny pieces of confetti, and thrown away. I am going to do another post, gauging interest in how many people would want to pick them up, at MATS.
Posted By: superhog88

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/28/16 10:15 PM

just read through the thread and was curious if you ever considered making the dash two pieces to cut down on shipping box size or for the ease of removale

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 02/29/16 04:25 PM

Just my two cents. I believe cutting down the dash would weaken it and create more installation work, measuring and cosmetic effort to restore it back to the good looking, functioning one piece that it already is.
Posted By: 68Fastback

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 03/03/16 04:43 AM

Chris,

Wow that looks great, I have been AWOL from here far too long(Life) and this is first I seen of this. I will show pics to my Barracuda group see if anyone needs one. How's the car running.

Jesse

Here is a quick shot of the dash.

Posted By: 1320duster

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/16 02:03 AM

price shipped to 70458 slidell,la
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/16 02:45 PM

I'd be interested in one if any are left. How far are you from Globe, AZ?

Re: A body dash update......First ones are finished....... - 04/12/16 06:37 PM

I am not producing dashes at this point in time. I may circle back, one day, and start producing them, but, pulling the plug for now. I know nothing about the fit/finish/price/appearance, but, I have heard that Glasstek has a glass dash for A-bodies. I have purchased fenders/hoods/bumpers, etc., over the years from Glasstek, and had no complaints, so, you guys might want to try them.

I sold over 240 dashes, with zero complaints, and would like to thank all of you, for the kind words, along the way. I will not be checking PM's on this site, after this post.

Chris
© 2024 Moparts Forums