Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/29/14 06:27 PM

Ex. ports

Attached picture 8093207-DSC01744.JPG
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/29/14 06:27 PM

Attached picture 8093208-DSC01741.JPG

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/29/14 06:28 PM

Haven't flowed them yet, but I will post results. I'll pour the intake too...

Attached picture 8093209-DSC01745.JPG
Posted By: LA360

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 01:55 AM

What engine are they going on Brian? I keep hearing that they flow great, but the power always seems to disappoint. I will be curious to see the results.
Posted By: FastOne

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 02:44 AM

interesting, intakes look fairly large,
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 03:08 AM

Jesus, those ports look as big as my Hemi ports...
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 03:47 AM

Quote:

What engine are they going on Brian? I keep hearing that they flow great, but the power always seems to disappoint. I will be curious to see the results.

X100^^^
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 05:46 AM

Glad to see someone else using them. Nothing little about those anymore since the push rod pinch was welded up. How much offset are you going to run on the rocker to clear?

What intake is your customer going to use?

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 10:00 PM

Believe it or not, a friend of mine had these on his shelf from one of his customers who wants to build an aluminum block sb mopar and drag race it here in cali.
I've never seen ports this big on a std. port location head. I'll flow them next week and pour the intake port. The rockers I have look like they have the same offset as W2's but I haven't measured them yet. Don't know if he's gonna use them or sell them. Either way, yes they really look too big to me as the bowl looks small compared the the port opening.

They kind of remind me of BBC heads where the flow will be great but on the engine will suck...really don't know but that's my guess. Just had to show them off cause they look like one of a kind to me?
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/30/14 10:06 PM

Quote:

Believe it or not, a friend of mine had these on his shelf from one of his customers who wants to build an aluminum block sb mopar and drag race it here in cali.
I've never seen ports this big on a std. port location head. I'll flow them next week and pour the intake port. The rockers I have look like they have the same offset as W2's but I haven't measured them yet. Don't know if he's gonna use them or sell them. Either way, yes they really look too big to me as the bowl looks small compared the the port opening.

They kind of remind me of BBC heads where the flow will be great but on the engine will suck...really don't know but that's my guess. Just had to show them off cause they look like one of a kind to me?

Your guess in the last paragraph sounds like exactly what I have read and heard about these heads over the years. Capable on a flow bench, dogs on the track
Posted By: bwhackd34

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 12:02 AM

if he sells them I might be interested in getting them to play with...let me know!
Posted By: mopartoby

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 03:03 AM

I have a set of the b1ba's not the mc. On a 408 12.7:1, .684 lift roller, super victor intake etc. And im super happy with them. Id like to try the mc's as a comparison.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 04:12 AM

Is it that they don't have enough cu in to work properly?
Posted By: LA360

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 04:56 AM

The port shape is just wrong, as Brian stated, the bowl size versus the runner cross section just doesn't seem to work. The standard exhaust port is supposed to be a little ordinary, these heads could be ordered with an exhaust port it off a 18 degree Chevy head which is reported to be better.
Posted By: moparmacka

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 07:03 AM

Sorry....a side bar I know.

I find it funny how the photos were taken on someone's kitchen benchtop! Lucky the wife wasn't around!

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 07:52 AM

Quote:

I find it funny how the photos were taken on someone's kitchen benchtop! Lucky the wife wasn't around!

My wife is the best! She don't mind...besides I put them in along with the cabinets...
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 11:58 AM

Quote:

You mean I shouldn't be cleaning heads in the dishwasher?

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 01:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I really hope you are kidding
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 03:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have washed a few parts in the dish washer... but
that was all that was in it... that was a few years
back... I dont think I would now.. but the wife didnt
say anything

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 04:43 PM

It's actually very dangerous especially if the parts have been sprayed with brake clean.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 04:54 PM

Quote:

It's actually very dangerous especially if the parts have been sprayed with brake clean.

I'm still here... LOL... it wasnt anything big and
I dont think I sprayed them
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 06:28 PM

Used dishwashers are easy to find for free or really cheap.

I live by myself and have on several occasions put parts in the oven to bake grease off them. An hour or so at 500 will burn most everything off.
A standard size oven is just big enough for a pair of smallblock heads.

R.

On an especially bad set the neighbor came over and asked me about the burning smell.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Brodix B1 BA MC heads - 03/31/14 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YES, I was kidding.
© 2024 Moparts Forums