Moparts

interior carpet in racecars.

Posted By: racerx

interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 02:44 AM

Which route have uall took the molded stuff or u guys just buying the cheap stuff and installing it yourself in your racecars pics would be cool too...........Thax
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 02:55 AM

In my last bracket street/strip car I had black aircraft carpet installed, it has no backing and fits the floor exactly, lightweight and burn proof
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 02:56 AM

In the race car I dont have any.. didnt want the weight
but in the Rampage I had to go with the cheap stuff
and fit it because the floor is all different.. this
is before it was totally finished and cleaned up

Attached picture 8084667-DSC00226.JPG
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 03:19 AM

stock carpet in my car's:

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 04:20 PM

I went the stock carpet route also

Attached picture 8085142-5.19.12041.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 04:28 PM

We cut and sewed mine. Since the back seat was gone, wheel tubs, and large tunnel wouldn't fit. We glued it to the floor. My friend bound the edges around the tubes as well.
Doug

Attached picture 8085156-I48.jpg
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 05:43 PM

My floor is mostly flat. I used cheap carpet on the floor and covered the removable tunnel with vinyl to cut down on noise.

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 05:51 PM

Quote:

Thaxs gents for the pics Bigtime is your car minitub/fulltub?any pics of it?,trying to see who it's done with no back seat/wheel wells...........Thax.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 06:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

[image]

Thaxs gents for the pics Bigtime is your car minitub/fulltub?any pics of it?,trying to see who it's done with no back seat/wheel wells...........Thax.

My car is mini tubbed and no back seat. Just bought extra carpet and covered it
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/23/14 07:14 PM

Quote:

Which route have uall took the molded stuff or u guys just buying the cheap stuff and installing it yourself in your racecars pics would be cool too...........Thax

I used some lightweight stuff from a local upholstery shop and don`t know how to post my pages of my interior but there in here somewhere.......... Old w/padding was over 20 lbs. new w/out padding maybe 3 lbs.
Posted By: SportF

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/24/14 03:36 PM

That is a classy looking job!
Posted By: Plymouth340

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/24/14 04:19 PM

Heres mine..carpet and alum

Attached picture 8086625-20140104_160240.jpeg

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 12:05 AM

Quote:

We cut and sewed mine. Since the back seat was gone, wheel tubs, and large tunnel wouldn't fit. We glued it to the floor. My friend bound the edges around the tubes as well.
Doug

I can't make the picture work in the first post. So lets try again.

Attached picture 8087137-I48.jpg

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 12:06 AM

The front

Attached picture 8087140-I50.jpg
Posted By: demongup

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 02:33 AM

Quote:

In my last bracket street/strip car I had black aircraft carpet installed, it has no backing and fits the floor exactly, lightweight and burn proof

To u have a link where u purchased this carpet from ?
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 03:43 AM

Gup, go on yellow billet in the chassis section or wherever, bob Andorra jay from NRC race cars can tell you where to get lightweight carpet , I'm pretty sure it's for speaker boxes
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 05:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

To u have a link where u purchased this carpet from ?

I don't remember the name of the avaition carpet supply wharehouse in SO CA now, sorry I had the local upholstery shop buy it for me, he did boats, cars , R.V. and household upholstery so he was able to get it at a small discount by buying a roll instead of buying a small piece to do my car Google it
Posted By: demongup

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 01:48 PM

Quote:

Gup, go on yellow billet in the chassis section or wherever, bob Andorra jay from NRC race cars can tell you where to get lightweight carpet , I'm pretty sure it's for speaker boxes

Was looking for something flame retardant
Posted By: fbs63

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 04:35 PM

Quote:

I'd like to know where to get this also.
Posted By: 383man

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/25/14 05:50 PM

My car is a street car so of course I use stock carpet. To me if your not out to set a record and need to save every pound then a nice carpet always helps have a nice interior. Course I did buy some Sport Fury floor mats. Ron

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/26/14 04:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'd like to know where to get this also.

^^^ for this^^^anyone has a clue on this?
Posted By: moparx

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 03/27/14 03:05 AM

any body try aircraft spruce ? they have a ton of neat stuff for [guess what ? ] light planes but I have found widgets over the years for all kinds of projects from them. I occasionally get sale notices from them.
Posted By: chryco

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 04/01/14 05:02 PM

I ordered am A1 carpet from yearone and removed the jute/sound deadener from the back . Works great and I think mellows out the noise.
chryco
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 04/01/14 05:28 PM

I was doing some heat shrinking in my car a few weeks ago. Didn't realize how flamible that factory carpet is until i got close to it with the torch That stuff will burn easily. I can see the value in something that is flame retardent.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: interior carpet in racecars. - 04/01/14 07:11 PM

went with a molded carpet ( ACC inc. )for the front and just bought some extra material for the rear and velcro'ed it in place.

Attached picture 8097249-cageseat.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums