Moparts

gone racin

Posted By: Crizila

gone racin - 03/21/14 08:02 PM

Tonight and tomorrow. see if I can puts some runs together where all candles stay lit for the entire 1320.

Attached picture 8082833-300atfirebird.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: gone racin - 03/21/14 08:09 PM

Good luck............
Posted By: donscuda

Re: gone racin - 03/21/14 08:23 PM

Hope the 300 puts together some great runs.... We probably have another month or so to run back in Chicago with the way the weather's been going .
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: gone racin - 03/21/14 10:19 PM

Good luck... tear up the track... not the car
Posted By: 383man

Re: gone racin - 03/21/14 11:38 PM

You dog as our weather still stinks. Good luck. Ron
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: gone racin - 03/21/14 11:40 PM

Quote:

You dog as our weather still stinks. Good luck. Ron

Move out r way Ron...............sunny year around w/a few rain showers and snow but nothing like u guys.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: gone racin - 03/22/14 01:04 AM

keep it in one piece!!!
Posted By: Duner

Re: gone racin - 03/23/14 05:44 PM

It was good chatting with you John.
That big whale is looking good and so are you!
Sorry I couldn't make it back out there yesterday.
How'd you do?

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 04:56 AM

Quote:

It was good chatting with you John.
That big whale is looking good and so are you!
Sorry I couldn't make it back out there yesterday.
How'd you do?

Hey Blaine, thanks, and good chatting with you too. Weekend was pretty much of a disaster. Didn't know track prep was non-existent on Friday nights. First pass was a slip&slide to a 10.90 @126. Second pass just about took out the 330 light box. Had to lift. Was gonna try to make one more pass and couldn't get the car started ( probably a good thing ). Neutral safety switch took a dump. I was so disgusted we just loaded up Saturday morning and went home. Friday night at about 9:30 all 7 staging lanes were packed solid - and they were still rolling in. Looked like a foreign car used car lot . Only plus was the motor hit on all 8 down the track.
Posted By: Duner

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 05:23 AM

Quote:

Hey Blaine, thanks, and good chatting with you too. Weekend was pretty much of a disaster. Didn't know track prep was non-existent on Friday nights. First pass was a slip&slide to a 10.90 @126. Second pass just about took out the 330 light box. Had to lift. Was gonna try to make one more pass and couldn't get the car started ( probably a good thing ). Neutral safety switch took a dump. I was so disgusted we just loaded up Saturday morning and went home. Friday night at about 9:30 all 7 staging lanes were packed solid - and they were still rolling in. Looked like a foreign car used car lot . Only plus was the motor hit on all 8 down the track.

Sorry it was such a disaster for you. Sorry to hear you had that issue with the NSS. Friday nights are usually about like that since the street tires tear the prep off the track and then of course they also manage to drag water onto the line as well… but the crowd was much smaller than usual! I wanted to go home and get my race wheels on the thing - but changed my mind after watching a few passes and seeing the staging lanes build. I walked over to your car later in the evening - but you'd already left by then. I still wanted to come out saturday morning - but of course my daughter's car had "issues" that only Dad can fix of course. LOL

I hope to run into you again out there!
Posted By: 383man

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 07:16 AM

Thats a bummer but at least nothing bad happened to the car and once you fix the NSS you should be ready to go again right ? I know what you mean about the track prep as our local track does not prep it on Wednsday or Friday nights. Thats why I usually only go to the Saturday T & T's. Ron
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 02:39 PM

Sorry it didn't work out better, but at least it was running OK.

I know what you mean about T&T nights...I had sportsman front runners, and ET street rears, and the tech guy made me run with the street tire guys over the slick guys. Yes, they are DOT tires, but come on...

Street guys were dragging water up to the line, leaving AC condensation drippings everywhere...I had no nope of having any traction...

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 04:34 PM

Quote:

Sorry it didn't work out better, but at least it was running OK.

I know what you mean about T&T nights...I had sportsman front runners, and ET street rears, and the tech guy made me run with the street tire guys over the slick guys. Yes, they are DOT tires, but come on...

Street guys were dragging water up to the line, leaving AC condensation drippings everywhere...I had no nope of having any traction...

Ya, the water thing was bad. I was first in line in lane 7 ( supposed to be for slick cars only but street tire cars were mixed in )and watched the other lanes being emptied. A Lot of kids just drove right through the water box ( instead of going around it )to the staging lights. My boat never gets loose in second gear, so it was a "depends" pooping experience. The track personnel just couldn't handle it.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 04:42 PM

Sorry to hear you had trouble.
Glad to hear it stayed in one piece.

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 07:42 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear you had trouble.
Glad to hear it stayed in one piece.

Hey big "D". At least I got my engine "missing" issues straightened out. Hit on all 8 for both runs. Only put in 28 degrees for the first run. 34 for the second run ( it likes that # ), but of course I couldn't apply it to the track. Warming up there a bit? By the time the weather is good to race by you, it will be sweltering here.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: gone racin - 03/24/14 08:29 PM

It was warm a couple days last week, not so much this week.

Went to the CMC swap yesterday. Teddy Lavine says Hi! Your last Christmas party was a topic of discussion.
© 2024 Moparts Forums