Moparts

Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues??

Posted By: DemonDust

Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues?? - 03/19/14 09:30 PM

So, I've taken the cell apart several times, replaced the white gaskets and tightened it to what I feel is tight. I'm afraid if I go too tight I will crack the gasket. But no matter what I've tried it still has a very, very slow leak. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have any ideas for a fix that will work, short of buying an aluminum cell with welded bungs, that's my last resort...
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues?? - 03/19/14 11:17 PM

I'll assume the outlet is leaking. Get some better nylon washers. I put some thicker washers on my cell, cranked down the fitting & all is well.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues?? - 03/20/14 12:22 AM

Quote:

So, I've taken the cell apart several times, replaced the white gaskets and tightened it to what I feel is tight. I'm afraid if I go too tight I will crack the gasket. But no matter what I've tried it still has a very, very slow leak. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have any ideas for a fix that will work, short of buying an aluminum cell with welded bungs, that's my last resort...

I've never had that problem with the 2 Jaz cells I have used.

It sounds like something is worn?

I would recommend a good pipe dope. Dope will seal fuel. Good luck.

Re: Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues?? - 03/20/14 02:34 AM

Quote:

I'll assume the outlet is leaking. Get some better nylon washers. I put some thicker washers on my cell, cranked down the fitting & all is well.

Yes one of my feeds in my sump is leaking. I bought Jaz washers, is there a better one out there? Maybe I'm not cranking it down tight enough.

Re: Jaz Fuel Cell leaking issues?? - 03/20/14 02:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I've never had that problem with the 2 Jaz cells I have used.

It sounds like something is worn?

I would recommend a good pipe dope. Dope will seal fuel. Good luck.

I'll try cranking it down one more time like Rick suggested,if that still doesn't work I'll try the pipe dope.

Thanks for the suggestions
© 2024 Moparts Forums