Moparts

Afco shock valving for rear

Posted By: 340B5

Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 05:28 PM

I can get a good deal on a pair of afco rebuildable/revalvable shocks, but the valving is 1-9. I'm thinking the valving is too stiff on rebound and possibly too soft on compression. I'm curious what others run for valving on this type of shock.

Mine is a leaf spring(SS) car.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 06:09 PM

i tryed running afco in the rear just changed to santhuff
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 06:22 PM

There are many different valving options out there. Which version is it, is it a double adj. or single adj.? What tires are you using, how much power etc...

Pretty hard to get a good solid answer when you don't provide much info about what you're trying to do with them.
Posted By: 440W8 Duster

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 06:25 PM

are these shocks used or new? Are they for Drag racing or circle track? Are they Double adjustable or single? Do you have a part #?

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 07:12 PM

These are a "fixed" valve, but rebuildable and re-valveable. A set of rancho adjustables would do the job as the car is 500hp, but I have clearance issues and would prefer a smaller body and also a softer compression.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 07:39 PM

Quote:

These are a "fixed" valve, but rebuildable and re-valveable. A set of rancho adjustables would do the job as the car is 500hp, but I have clearance issues and would prefer a smaller body and also a softer compression.

Myself.... I would pass... one set of valving wont
cover all conditions
Posted By: 440W8 Duster

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/16/14 08:25 PM

I would buy a set of DA Afco shock if it were me.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 03:27 AM

At 500 hp the rancho is more then enough shock. If you need a small body you could get a strange single adjustable shock very reasonable.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 03:37 AM

I am retireing my 5 way Rancho's in favor of a set of Vi-king DA shocks.

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 03:44 AM

Quote:

What type of rear suspension?

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 03:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Caltrac Split mono and bar.

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck I don't feel that the shock will work for you. You make to much power. Let us know how it works out, hopefully the slicks can handle it. I hope I am wrong.

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/17/14 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck I don't feel that the shock will work for you. You make to much power. Let us know how it works out, hopefully the slicks can handle it. I hope I am wrong.

They seem to think their rear shock with the aggressive valveing will handle it We'll see

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/27/14 08:25 PM

Just pulled the trigger on Viking shocks. I'd be curious as to whether others like theirs.
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/27/14 11:11 PM

If you want a drag racing shock you must go with the better quality shocks available (Afco, Penske, Koni, JRI). the QA1's Viking, Jeg's, etc are throw away shocks if they leak or do not work, it cost more to rebuild them than they are worth.

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/28/14 05:20 AM

Quote:

If you want a drag racing shock you must go with the better quality shocks available (Afco, Penske, Koni, JRI). the QA1's Viking, Jeg's, etc are throw away shocks if they leak or do not work, it cost more to rebuild them than they are worth.

Vi-king feels their rear shock with the aggressive valving option will compete with Santhuff shock.He said if they don't work for me they would take them back

Re: Afco shock valving for rear - 03/28/14 04:03 PM

Quote:

i tryed running afco in the rear just changed to santhuff

Should have sent them to Mark he would have fixed you up for less then the cost of one santuff. Petey uses Mark in the x275 car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums