Moparts

Another project over-budget but finally done.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 03:09 AM

What started up as a simple wheel upgrade once again turns into a major, over-budget project. A good Friend sold me Strange brakes, springs, coilovers and ever other part needed for 100 dollars to change my Duster over to 4 3/4 inch bolt pattern so I could get away from the 5 bolt 4 inch Mopar pattern. It was all for a spindle type wheel and smaller brake pads so I ordered new Strange brakes and sent the struts out for a rebuild so everything was ready to race. The weld wheels I ordered were going to take 3 weeks to build but weld Racing finished them up 10 days early. got my tires mounted today and the front end is now race ready. Come-on April.

Posted By: bigdad

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 03:13 AM

Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 03:26 AM

Word. Looks good!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 03:55 AM

Weight savings?

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:00 AM

Quote:

Weight savings?

YES.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:01 AM

nice

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:09 AM

Thanks guys. I'm guessing at least 50 pounds lighter but the main thing is I have some adjust-ability now. I had cable stops before and that was the only thing I could play with.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:11 AM

nice wheels I was looking at the champion wheels in black but that weld looks great also
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Weight savings?

YES.

Wow! Impressive.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:46 AM

Why the Chevy bolt pattern?
Posted By: racerx

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 04:58 AM

Quote:

nice wheels I was looking at the champion wheels in black but that weld looks great also

I also was looking at the weld's 2.0 but that was not in the budget so i settle on the champion versions

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 06:04 AM

Quote:

Why the Chevy bolt pattern?

The weld wheels on my Daytona are Chevy bolt pattern so I did it for three reasons. The first one was to get the car back home I borrowed the wheels off the Daytona. Second if I ever hurt a tire I can borrow the tires for a weekend or two. And I may flip these on the Daytona once in awhile. These are the Daytona rims.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 06:32 AM

Quote:

What started up as a simple wheel upgrade once again turns into a major, over-budget project. A good Friend sold me Strange brakes, springs, coilovers and ever other part needed for 100 dollars to change my Duster over to 4 3/4 inch bolt pattern so I could get away from the 5 bolt 4 inch Mopar pattern. It was all for a spindle type wheel and smaller brake pads so I ordered new Strange brakes and sent the struts out for a rebuild so everything was ready to race. The weld wheels I ordered were going to take 3 weeks to build but weld Racing finished them up 10 days early. got my tires mounted today and the front end is now race ready. Come-on April.

Looks awesome, you must be a pro.........

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 06:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks awesome, you must be a pro.........

No pro here but I sure have a lot of fun. Life is GREAT. Time to dust off the snow, hit the gym, and get ready for the 2014 race season.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 07:20 AM

Life is what we make it that`s 4 sure and I have a home gym and it`s a big part of my life and health both physical and mental.............keep at it!.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 05:30 PM

Looks good.. can you get a full turn on your set up..
when we figure budget we need to learn to double it..LOL
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 05:50 PM

budget ?? What is this word you speak of ?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 08:10 PM

Quote:

It's a mythical creature that racers and politicians speak of often, but never prove exists.

Awesome wheels!

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a mythical creature that racers and politicians speak of often, but never prove exists.

Awesome wheels!

Thanks guys. Here's a couple of pictures of the ones I put on the back last year.

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 09:53 PM

Quote:

Mike on the full turn were question where you referring to the steering wheel. If so I just checked and from neutral to far right its almost 2 full turns. Far right to far left almost 4 turns.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 10:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike on the full turn were question where you referring to the steering wheel. If so I just checked and from neutral to far right its almost 2 full turns. Far right to far left almost 4 turns.

So it does go full travel(to the end of the rack).. cool
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Another project over-budget but finally done. - 03/04/14 11:34 PM

Love them wheels!!!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums