Moparts

Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul!

Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/21/14 09:52 PM

Great job qualifying the Aspen at the top in H/SA! Best of luck in eliminations!

Gordie
Posted By: Aspen7695

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 03:08 AM

Thanks. I hope I can cut a light tomorrow morning. The car is consistent, I hope the driver is.

Raul
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 03:53 AM

Two Ton Tamater is running J/SA. New to div 7 this year from SoDak. I ran around with his dad back in the home country. They won out at Famoso at the S/SS combo race a few weeks back.

Nice pass Raul!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 12:52 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: jinxy

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 03:04 PM

Go get em Raul! You can can drive with the best of them. Good luck pal.

Jeff
Posted By: Duner

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 05:46 PM

It was nice chatting with you yesterday. You are probably on-track right now as I type this… so I hope you have the best of luck out there!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/22/14 07:19 PM

Looks like he won the first round.

He's got an A/SA T-Bolt in Rd.2

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 12:47 AM

Well, I'm having a bit of a problem dialing the car in. The weather is a bit worse than yesterday and I'm dialing based on the weather and yesterdays runs. The problem is that the car keeps picking up instead of slowing down. I got lucky first round, but no such luck on the second round. The car should have slowed by 3, but it went 1 faster instead. I need to figure what the new engine wants. Good luck to the rest of the Moparts crew. See you at the Divisional next week.

Raul
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 05:40 AM

Quote:

Well, I'm having a bit of a problem dialing the car in. The weather is a bit worse than yesterday and I'm dialing based on the weather and yesterdays runs. The problem is that the car keeps picking up instead of slowing down. I got lucky first round, but no such luck on the second round. The car should have slowed by 3, but it went 1 faster instead. I need to figure what the new engine wants. Good luck to the rest of the Moparts crew. See you at the Divisional next week.

Raul

How many runs on that motor including any dyno pulls? What I remember about the NHRA stock legal SB Mopars I was involved with was they would pick up ET, HP and MPH until around 15 to 20 runs, depending on who did the machine work Don't you love fender racing at that level Best of luck for next weekend, hows the weather donw there in the Salt River Valley?

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 06:41 AM

Quote:

Raul

Great effort Raul..You'll get it sorted out! Put it in the winner's circle this coming weekend at the divisional!

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 02:42 PM

Cab It has 10 passes on it. Real low tension rings and rather smooth piston walls are just getting broken in I guess. I guess I'll have to dial for additional HP each pass for the next 10-12 runs. Thanks Gordie. Jack Foshee builds one hell of a motor.

Raul
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 03:52 PM

Quote:

Raul

Saw that run . Think there was a lot more break-outs than red lights. Clouds rolling in in the afternoon didn't help everyone's dials.

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 04:55 PM

Quote:

Jack Foshee builds one hell of a motor.

Raul

For sure..his truck and several other Stockers are a testament to that!
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 06:03 PM

Quote:

BTW: How is Mr. Foshee? Say for "Hi" for me. Used to own Irving's wagon. matt

Attached picture 8050151-4.jpg

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 09:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW: How is Mr. Foshee? Say for "Hi" for me. Used to own Irving's wagon. matt

Hey Matt was Irvings wagon a Stock Eliminator car when you owned it?
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/23/14 11:20 PM

Yes it was I built it for stock. First Division race I went to it went .885 under. Went to a Vegas Division race one time aand was .7 under. That sport isn't for the weak of pocketbook. LOL It was when Mulry's Pontiac was going 1.30 under in K/SA. I was running K/SA also and had to qualify next to him. All I saw was disappearing tail lights. BTW, Thank to Neil Smedley he was my mentor.
Posted By: Superpro

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/24/14 08:44 PM

I was hoping to come out again this year to spectate and meet you Raul. Unfortunately had conflicting work obligations. Hopefully next year!

Al Bedard, owner of former Portuguese Man-O-War F/SA Duster.

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/24/14 10:23 PM

I'm sorry you could not make it. Hopefully next year will work. How is the Duster doing.

Raul
Posted By: Superpro

Re: Nice Qualifying At The Nats In Stock Eliminator Raul! - 02/24/14 11:11 PM

She's tucked way in the garage waiting for the upcoming season. Very fun to drive!
© 2024 Moparts Forums