Moparts

Marshall Motors in Mi?????

Posted By: B G Racing

Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/20/14 08:15 PM

Has anyone done business or know anything about Marshall Motors in Jackson Michigan????We are looking for some information about a 1965 Coronet ex-race car.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/20/14 11:16 PM

PM sent!

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/21/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

PM sent!

Thanks,now I know,but it was too late for my friend.He pulled the trigger on the 65 Dodge,it arrived and the best he can do is take it to a scrap yard.He will be able to salvage the trunk emblem and one tail light The 440 engine turned out to be a tired 383.Maybe my buddy now knows that people and pictures can't be trusted.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/21/14 06:26 PM

Bob..the stuff on there website all looks like junk.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/21/14 07:53 PM

Sucks what happened to your buddy. I am not too far from them but have never been there. I have heard nothing but bad things about that place.

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/21/14 08:25 PM

Quote:

Sucks what happened to your buddy. I am not too far from them but have never been there. I have heard nothing but bad things about that place.

He called them and they said just pass it off on someone else.It's certainly not an honorable way of doing business.As usually heed the warning"buyers beware".Since I posted I have recieved many bad reports on them and not one single good one.In hindsite it maybe best to ask on the internet before making a decision.
Thanks everyone.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/22/14 09:31 PM

we once drug the trailer out of 2 ft deep snow in jan,drove 700 miles after work to see a pile of scrap 63 that was wrote up as a solid gem,even 4 phone calls before the trip guaranteed us a nice car,it was advertised in national dragster.we got there at 8 am,had to wait 2 hours for the guy to even show up.5 min later we were hauling mail back to ohio,WITHOUT the showcar.....goes to show you,some people have no problem whatsoever telling tall tales and taking advantage of others..............what a jerk.......
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/22/14 10:26 PM

That's a shame...

FWIW, I'd be willing to go check out anything if anyone dare deals with them in the future...I'm pretty close, but never dealt with them.

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/22/14 10:41 PM

The sad part is if my buddy would have asked on the net someone could have checked the car out before he bought it or he could have learned about the reputation of the people he was dealing with.Thanks for the honest feedback,I think a lesson has been learned.
Posted By: drew72

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/23/14 01:45 AM

Sorry, late to the thread. Otherwise I would have warned you. I live about 1/2 hour away from them. Can't say that I've ever heard anything positive about them.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/23/14 04:04 PM

Too bad here also Bob that he pulled the trigger as my brother had stopped there a few months ago and looked at all the cars and sent me pics. He said most were over priced junk. You know there are always someone close enough to check things out. Take care.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/23/14 04:18 PM

Bob, hope your friend takes time to file a complaint with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/eastern-michigan/busi...son-mi-90023437

Re: Marshall Motors in Mi????? - 02/24/14 06:16 PM

Again thanks everyone,I will see Doug tommarrow and pass this info on to him.
© 2024 Moparts Forums