Moparts

Braided fuel line questions..........

Posted By: D-50

Braided fuel line questions.......... - 02/15/14 10:05 PM

I am upgrading my whole fuel system and I do not have any experience with any kind of braided line. Do the stainless and nylon braided line use the same kind of fittings on the end of the hoses. I may end up using stainless and nylon. I like the look of the black line better than the stainless and I already have some fittings but I will need to get more. I am going to a 1050 carb and I already have a MagnaFuel pump and a Holley billet regulator, I just got to plumb everything.Thanks for any help or suggestions.....

Attached picture 8040555-CIMG0081.JPG
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 10:08 PM

Run the black. It's easy to assemble, no metal spintering and it works the same.
And it's much lighter too.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 10:27 PM

The fittings are generally not interchangeable between hose types. I like the Teflon lined hose myself as it lasts forever and doesn't have rubber to breakdown with age.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 11:02 PM

I have the magnafuel 500 pump and it is for -12 fittings. I want to run -10 from the pump to the regulator. Would you run -12 or -10 from the fuel cell to the pump.

Attached picture 8040645-CIMG0081.JPG

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 11:07 PM

Quote:

I have the magnafuel 500 pump and it is for -12 fittings. I want to run -10 from the pump to the regulator. Would you run -12 or -10 from the fuel cell to the pump.

-12an from cell to inlet of the pump and then -10an from outlet of pump to inlet of fuel regulator.
Posted By: PLUM BAD

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 11:08 PM

I always go one size bigger from the cell to the pump, than from the pump to the regulator. So if you're using 10 to the regulator, go with 12 from the cell to pump.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 11:48 PM

I was looking at the -12 Summit brand Braided Nylon hose and all the fittings for the end of the hose say -12 AN hose to male NPT. Why do they not have -12 an to female -12 an. I do not need the npt end unless that what goes into the fuel pump. I am totally lost with the braided hose.

Attached picture 8040688-CIMG0081.JPG

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/15/14 11:58 PM

Quote:

I was looking at the -12 Summit brand Braided Nylon hose and all the fittings for the end of the hose say -12 AN hose to male NPT. Why do they not have -12 an to female -12 an. I do not need the npt end unless that what goes into the fuel pump. I am totally lost with the braided hose.

inlet and outlet from the pump are -12AN MALE you'll need a -12an to -10an O ring male reducer for pump.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 12:08 AM

That is what I thought but for the braided nylon hose it only shows the fittings with the NPT on one end. Are the fittings for the stainless and nylon braided hoses different?

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 12:49 AM

Quote:

That is what I thought but for the braided nylon hose it only shows the fittings with the NPT on one end. Are the fittings for the stainless and nylon braided hoses different?

No get the Russell black hose with blue tracer and get the Summit fittings. They work great in combination with each other.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 12:54 AM

Here's your pump inlet and outlet fittings. sold as a pair. This should get you started.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrf-mp-3614/overview/

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 01:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No get the Russell black hose with blue tracer and get the Summit fittings. They work great in combination with each other.

Thanks I just put the fittings you showed me in my summit cart. Will the summit hose ends work with the Russell black hose?

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 01:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks I just put the fittings you showed me in my summit cart. Will the summit hose ends work with the Russell black hose?

yes they are the easiest to use. just spray wd40 into the hose prior to tightening down on the threaded part of the fitting and make sure you blow out the hose prior to attaching everything to the regulator and carbs.
\

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 01:19 AM

Fragola fittings are an excellent choice too.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 01:26 AM

Thanks for the help ... T&T starts in 2 weeks and I would like to get most of this done. I might run like it is now first then upgrade fuel system to see if it makes any difference. I am running a mechanical pump on the motor now with 3/8 rubber hose and Autozone $2 fuel filter.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/16/14 02:17 AM

Pass on the Summit large fittings. I just tried 2 new summit ones on my -12 AN Russell hose and it doesn't work well. Impossible to attach due to the hosebarb end. Use the Fragola stuff all the way around. Summit must have changed vendors or something.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/17/14 01:48 AM

Does anyone know if any of the nylon braided hose use this type of fitting? I noticed some of them use a crimp on fitting and I rather not use that kind.I was wanting to go nylon braided instead of stainless. I already have some of the fittings in this picture.
Thanks..

Attached picture 8042103-ear-at800106erl_w.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/17/14 02:33 AM

That looks similar to mine w/Earls nylon line.................

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 02:37 AM

Quote:

Thumper are you using the Earls PRO-Lite 350 nylon hose? I have not decided what to use yet.
Thanks...

Attached picture 8043614-CIMG0081.JPG
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 02:53 AM

Each line has specific fittings for them, they are mostly 37* with others types being JIS and SAE 45*. You need to find the right fittings per the hose. Aeroquip and stratoflex have interchangeable ends, but most others are not made to the same standard. Tim

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 03:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thumper are you using the Earls PRO-Lite 350 nylon hose? I have not decided what to use yet.
Thanks...

Yes...............

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 03:54 AM

Quote:

Each line has specific fittings for them, they are mostly 37* with others types being JIS and SAE 45*. You need to find the right fittings per the hose. Aeroquip and stratoflex have interchangeable ends, but most others are not made to the same standard. Tim

Will the Summit brand fittings that I have work on any other braided line besides Summit hose? I guess I will have to start over with new hose ends. Do all the hose ends for the Nylon braided line crimp on or do they look like the pic. I posted above? On the Summit web sight they do not say which ends go with each hose..

Attached picture 8043735-CIMG0081.JPG
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 05:37 AM

I just put some lines together with Aeroquip startlite black hose with Summit ends
It was my first time using braided hose of any kind, was very easy to work with and seemed like the hose and ends were compatible
[image]http:// [/image]

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/18/14 07:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Will the Summit brand fittings that I have work on any other braided line besides Summit hose? I guess I will have to start over with new hose ends. Do all the hose ends for the Nylon braided line crimp on or do they look like the pic. I posted above? On the Summit web sight they do not say which ends go with each hose..

I got my fittings through Pettis and they`re not all earls fittings and they all work fine cos the nylon is thinner than the stainless and presses in real nice and easy.

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/19/14 01:35 AM

Thanks for all the help maybe I can get figured out. I guess I will order some of the parts tonight.

Attached picture 8044844-CIMG0081.JPG
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/19/14 06:16 AM

Don't forget the hose cutters,they make life so much better and almost eliminates the BLEEDING

Re: Braided fuel questions.......... - 02/19/14 06:30 AM

I use pvc cutters............... Just saw "bleeding" ya, no more stainless braided for me and of course the pvc cutters don`t work on that stuff but it`s excellent and quick on the nylon.
© 2024 Moparts Forums