Moparts

Another valve cover question

Posted By: mopar rookie

Another valve cover question - 02/14/14 11:51 PM

I am starting to gather parts for my engine build. I am doing the Max wedge clone thing for my 64. I was planning on using the hughes roller rockers but not sure if a stock valve cover will work. Will a stock cover work with rollers? thanks for any info
Posted By: 383man

Re: Another valve cover question - 02/15/14 01:26 AM

These are not stock but look a little close to them. They are an old Eddy chrome cover I painted and I use Hughes roller rockers. No problems as nothing hits with about .630 lift. Ron

Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Another valve cover question - 02/15/14 03:36 AM

"Usually", if you remove the stock baffling shield from the valve cover, they will fit most roller rockers. But it is definatly a try it and see deal.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Another valve cover question - 02/15/14 04:46 AM

Quote:

I am starting to gather parts for my engine build. I am doing the Max wedge clone thing for my 64. I was planning on using the hughes roller rockers but not sure if a stock valve cover will work. Will a stock cover work with rollers? thanks for any info

If you have a set of the real 426 M.W. OEM covers the Hughes rolleer rockera will probally work If you have a set of the stock hydraulic lifter motor valve covers they probally will have the adjusters hit the baffles I have stacked two thick cork valve cover gaskets together to help with this issue Try that first before bending or drilling holes in the baffles
© 2024 Moparts Forums