Moparts

Duster front end updates are done

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:21 AM

Well a good Friend finished my Winter upgrades to my Duster this week and things turned out real nice. I can now order my new black Weld Aluma Star wheels to match the back. Pretty sure the car was put together in the 70's or early 80's and they used an old strut set-up that I think came off an old Mercury Capri. They redrilled the hubs to a mopar 5 bolt 4 inch pattern so it really limited what wheel I could use. The disk brake set-up stopped the car good on a track with a short shutdown at 130+ mph. It now has a strange strut and strange brakes. Here are some before an after pictures.

New set-up

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:29 AM

Looks like the same Strange struts I run both the race
car and the Rampage... they look MUCH shorter than
your old ones... looks good
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:33 AM

nice stock front suspension

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:36 AM

Quote:

Looks like the same Strange struts I run both the race
car and the Rampage... they look MUCH shorter than
your old ones... looks good

Thanks Mike. I can hardly wait to try it out but I'm so snowed in I can't even bring the car home to get busy on some other updates. He it heading to your home state the 16th to do some snowmobiling so if I don't get it by then it will be another 8 days. Oh well, lots of time yet.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Those 10.5 guys won't let us play Tony.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:37 AM

That's the gangster you want to race at MMW !?
wow that don't have NOTHING stock about it.....,! Lol

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:39 AM

Quote:

That's the gangster you want to race at MMW !?

Wait till NEXT Winter. LOL.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:40 AM

Quote:

Tony... you mean those arent the replacement struts
for my Rampage... it came with struts

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Tony... you mean those arent the replacement struts
for my Rampage... it came with struts

I am sure they are, thats what we have been told

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 03:46 AM

There is a website called fast10.5mopars and from what I see mine should qualify for stock if I buy a can of black paint an spray paint the firewall.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 04:20 AM

funny how you are over on that site all the time.
anytime you want to take a look at my fire wall and frame rail's just let me know .
oh yeah car's looking good .
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 04:24 AM

Nice update..my 69 Barracuda has the same old 72 Mercury Capri struts...except the tubes on my were shorten and have a strut cartridge from a Toyota something...
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 05:38 AM

Quote:

This looks like stock front suspension to me bud.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 05:50 AM

Look at this tube chassis

Almost looks like a stock floor

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 05:55 AM

More killer tube chassis

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:00 AM

What did you use to make those pictures? An Etch A Sketch.

http://www.wayfairsupply.com/Ohio-Art-Et...CFUYOOgodlxIAKQ

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:07 AM

Look at this his tube chassis unbolts

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:26 AM

Pittsbuger your doing it wrong. This is how you do a tube chassis car

Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 04:07 PM

and this my friend is NOT stock front suspension.

Attached picture 8030081-aaaa.jpg

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 04:49 PM

Quote:

Why? Does the a arm bolt on in the stock location? Does the sub frame still bolt on in the stock location? Does it not still use a stock spring location? So stock arm mounting points, stock spring location, and bolts on like stock sub frame with stock frame rails but it's not stock how do you figure?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 05:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why? Does the a arm bolt on in the stock location? Does the sub frame still bolt on in the stock location? Does it not still use a stock spring location? So stock arm mounting points, stock spring location, and bolts on like stock sub frame with stock frame rails but it's not stock how do you figure?

I would call it a modified front end.. not stock

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are wasting tour time arguing with this guy and many others. They manipulate those rules as they chose. The STOCK firewall rule is a real sketchy subject.
I'll stick to my bracket racing.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:05 PM

Lookin good...............Looks so much nicer that the stock stamped junk I run now............

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:09 PM

You guys are wasting tour time arguing with this guy and many others. They manipulate those rules as they chose. The STOCK firewall rule is a real sketchy subject.
I'll stick to my bracket racing.

I agree... I'm not arguing but call it like I see it
again thats the way "I" see it.... your right.. I
like the rules in bracket racing.. they fit my rules

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:11 PM

Quote:

Factory cut out and aftermarket "WELDED" in.
It's not a direct bolt in, if it was then I would agree.
BUT, the key word here is WELD...

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you have to be kidding stock means the way it came from the factory unchanged in any way. there is no difference in that front end with round tubes or not. just a twist of rules to fit your needs, class or what ever you want to call it. IT IS A FAB TUBE CHASSIS.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you have to be kidding stock means the way it came from the factory unchanged in any way. there is no difference in that front end with round tubes or not. just a twist of rules to fit your needs, class or what ever you want to call it. IT IS A FAB TUBE CHASSIS.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 06:43 PM

Looks good, John! Orie does nice work!

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/07/14 07:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This is a Camaro front sub frame, it unbolts from the factory. The left and right rail are are factory stamped pieces from where they bolt on the car too where the a arms bolt on. They bolt on the same way and location as a factory car. He cut out cross member welded new one in. He cut and welded in tube core support. He didn't change anything as far as location or how it attaches in refused to the front suspension. So it is infact completely bolt on. Is your brother's car stock suspension?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 12:49 AM

Ok this is how I see it. If I can unbolt his sub frame and bolt it on another stock 70 Camaro with out any mods, or unbolt his a arms and springs and shocks and bolt them on another 70 Camaro with out mods how can this car not have stock suspension? He modified his cross member and rad support not his suspension. So if I but a rancho shock on my car it is not longer stock suspension you are telling me.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 12:54 AM

Do you argue with yourself in the shower?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 02:41 AM

What do you think they say?

http://turbobullet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3671

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 02:43 AM

How about these guys?

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700969
Posted By: dvw

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 05:35 AM

If it passes tech then that's all that matters. That being said. If I wrote rules for stock suspension, I would tighten them to eliminate this being a "stock" front suspension. I can't believe this was the intent of the rules. The only factory parts are the rails. Kind of reminds me of when there was no wording about nitrous in NHRA Pro Stock. I applaud the owners use of stretching the rules. That's thinking outside the box. So until it's deemed illegal, I'd run it. But in my book it's nowhere near stock
Doug
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 05:35 AM

Quote:

But its NA!

Update looks good! New hardware is always nice
Posted By: hemiiroc

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 06:11 AM

The Camaro subframe will pass for stock style suspension in any backhalf class. The Duster at the top would be a tube chassis car.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 09:42 AM

Are you freakin kidding me!
This is a joke.
IF IT'S CUT, MODIFIED, AND/OR WELDED, then it's NOT
a direct bolt in... Therefor it is NOT STOCK!
Who gives two craps if the subframe bolts in or not, big whoopee do.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 05:41 PM

Quote:

Look at this his tube chassis unbolts

What does a CHEVY front frame section have to do with this post anyway? Just curious.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 05:56 PM

Quote:

How about these guys?

Too funny, go to other sites and call us "Moparts" guys knuckleheads........AND promote gm crap............

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How about these guys?

Too funny, go to other sites and call us "Moparts" guys knuckleheads........AND promote gm crap............

I guess a STOCK modified chevy front end would look stock to a chevy guy. Sometimes you wish some of our mopar guys played for the other team.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 06:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about these guys?

I guess a STOCK modified chevy front end would look stock to a chevy guy. Sometimes you wish some of our mopar guys played for the other team.

My way of thinking is.. if you go to the Chevy dealer
can you buy that part looking just like that... if
you can then its stock.. if not.. then its not stock

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 10:19 PM

Take a look at the post boys, all I said to tony who stated pittsburgheracer's front end looked stock was I thought this looked more stock. Now look at all you with panties in a bunch.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 10:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about these guys?

Well I could go to a Chevy dealer and buy all factory stock suspension parts and bolt them to this sub frame. So why if I modify a frame does my suspension change?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 10:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Where is the suspension cut or modified? Please explain. Not the frame of the car the suspension.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 10:37 PM

Quote:

Take a look at the post boys, all I said to tony who stated pittsburgheracer's front end looked stock was I thought this looked more stock. Now look at all you with panties in a bunch.

thats because you are full of

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 10:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about these guys?

Well I could go to a Chevy dealer and buy all factory stock suspension parts and bolt them to this sub frame. So why if I modify a frame does my suspension change?

Are those rails stock or modified... sure looks
modified to me.... but you can call it anything you
want because you are... what do the rules say about
stock rails
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:11 PM

so the argument is the spring..!!?
chevies have a coil...so they have upper control arm lower control arm and coil over and shock.??
your all bent cause they get to use a coil over shock. right? ... right!
mopar uses a torsion bar..SO to go to a coil over you have to remove t-/bar but that removes lower control arm support.. so you have to weld and modify the LCA and add struts and support..
this is where your getting kicked out and or abused. because of the term..."bolt stock parts in place"..
Just realize its a chevy world...or GM world..
the rules for stock suspension allows them to lay claim to what your seeing..and beat you up over it....
I say..stop following the GM crowd...
what you should do is come up with a way to "sprung" the mopar front end..yet stay inside the chevy rules.. otherwise "your plssing up a rope..into the wind..with a full beer in your hand",,,lol
what the hell do you need a chevy front end for anyway?...it doesnt make it faster? stop trying do do it like the GM baby's

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:24 PM

Quote:

so the argument is the spring..!!?
chevies have a coil...so they have upper control arm lower control arm and coil over and shock.??
your all bent cause they get to use a coil over shock. right? ... right!
mopar uses a torsion bar..SO to go to a coil over you have to remove t-/bar but that removes lower control arm support.. so you have to weld and modify the LCA and add struts and support..
this is where your getting kicked out and or abused. because of the term..."bolt stock parts in place"..
Just realize its a chevy world...or GM world..
the rules for stock suspension allows them to lay claim to what your seeing..and beat you up over it....
I say..stop following the GM crowd...
what you should do is come up with a way to "sprung" the mopar front end..yet stay inside the chevy rules.. otherwise "your plssing up a rope..into the wind..with a full beer in your hand",,,lol
what the hell do you need a chevy front end for anyway?...it doesnt make it faster? stop trying do do it like the GM baby's

I really dont care either way... I dont race in a
stock type class and my car cant fit into any of them

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about these guys?

Are those rails stock or modified... sure looks
modified to me.... but you can call it anything you
want because you are... what do the rules say about
stock rails

I said stock suspension never stated the rails are stock. The frame rails are stock from the point where they bolt on car to where a arms bolt on then modified for weight or what ever the owner wanted to do.the rules state frame must be stock from fire wall to 6 inches in front of spindle .

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:39 PM

Where in this post have you seen me make a derogatory comment about you, so why don't you grow up a little here. You continue to make posts about this in this thread and the roll cage thread which I ignored you so the thread didn't go down the drain.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And by the way you are in the minority here, look at the other boards.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:42 PM

Quote:

Where in this post have you seen me make a derogatory comment about you, so why don't you grow up a little here. You continue to make posts about this in this thread and the roll cage thread which I ignored you so the thread didn't go down the drain.

ahhh poor baby, I am sorry I hurt your little feelings. Please forgive me..

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ahhh poor baby, I am sorry I hurt your little feelings. Please forgive me..

Goes to show what class of person I am dealing with here, no wonder you can't learn a thing and want to call people names because you have not way to have a adult conversion.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is the way that works, anyone who does or is involved in a made up BS class will agree. anyone who has any understanding knows they are pure purpose built race cars to fit a bunch of fabricated rules to make a car look like something it is not. you want to call them stock thats fine with me, doesn't make it true. your F.A.S.T cars are about as close to you will come to true street cars.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:52 PM

I said stock suspension never stated the rails are stock. The frame rails are stock from the point where they bolt on car to where a arms bolt on then modified for weight or what ever the owner wanted to do.the rules state frame must be stock from fire wall to 6 inches in front of spindle .

Then I guess this falls within the stock spec based
on the rules

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is the way that works, anyone who does or is involved in a made up BS class will agree. anyone who has any understanding knows they are pure purpose built race cars to fit a bunch of fabricated rules to make a car look like something it is not. you want to call them stock thats fine with me, doesn't make it true. your F.A.S.T cars are about as close to you will come to true street cars.

Can't be stock it didn't come from the factory with stroker motors!! just another bs class

And with your logic everybody on yellowbullet and turbobullet race small tire headsup cars? I don't think so.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:59 PM

pretty much, the street outlaws have it right, there are no rules. quit making rules that fit your need. you want to run small tires have it, just don't complain and make excuses when a large tire cars spanks your rear

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/08/14 11:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And by the way you are in the minority here, look at the other CHEVY boards.

Corrected it for ya.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Corrected it for ya.

Oh guess I need to post this on fast Mopar for ya, no wait you are on there more then me you go take the poll.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:11 AM

Quote:

pretty much, the street outlaws have it right, there are no rules. quit making rules that fit your need. you want to run small tires have it, just don't complain and make excuses when a large tire cars spanks your rear [/quot

You do realize I don't make any of these rules and I just understand how to follow them.

Also this is sinister split bumper from street outlaws car in these pics.

Find me a big tire car to spank my a-- then we can see if I make excuses, hasn't happened yet! Brings yours on buddy. Don't forget the $$$$.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Corrected it for ya.

Oh guess I need to post this on fast Mopar for ya, no wait you are on there more then me you go take the poll.

Those guys are fine the way they are. I won't use the word clique but the class will never be a large class and will have several bye runs and also-rans to fill the fields. I'm happy were I'm at but I enjoy stirring the pot some.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:13 AM

You guys about done with this pissin match??

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Corrected it for ya.

Those guys are fine the way they are. I won't use the word clique but the class will never be a large class and will have several bye runs and also-rans to fill the fields. I'm happy were I'm at but I enjoy stirring the pot some.

do you think he just challenged me to a run what you brung heads up race?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:16 AM

Quote:

You guys about done with this pissin match??

ummmm no, any rules broken? we are just having fun.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:19 AM

Yup bring it to any street and we can run!

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:20 AM

Quote:

is that a rule?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

is that a rule?

No you said street outlaws do it right. Are you cryin already

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 12:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is that a rule?

no not all all. I am game if we could do it like they do. on a closed off road some where. where it would be legal. maybe we should have an east coast top 10 list

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is that a rule?

no not all all. I am game if we could do it like they do. on a closed off road some where. where it would be legal. maybe we should have an east coast top 10 list

Sorry I don't know anybody with a production company. Is that a rule must be closed highway ?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is that a rule?

Sorry I don't know anybody with a production company. Is that a rule must be closed highway ?

it is more about being legal. I am not going to do something illegal.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 01:26 AM

Drag your junk to Norwalk, I plan to have my car there.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 01:51 AM

Quote:

Drag your junk to Norwalk, I plan to have my car there.

Iwould love to some day.maybe you could drag your junk to SGMP in may I hope to be there.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 01:55 AM

he would never go to Norwalk.
but what do I know I'm just a ALSO RAN.
but john can also come to Norwalk and i'll line up next to him.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:00 AM

Quote:

thats not true I hope to go someday. and you don't even have a motor

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:07 AM

oh I have a engine .

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:24 AM

well thre front of my car is 100% stock , Arms, k frame, shock location, inner fenders, etc....ALL STOCK.....anyone thats ever seen mycar knows what t looks like under the hood....

WHat did imiss ?

67Dart...i dont know your name, but you must be a glutton for punshment trying to argue with the purple shaft crowd..LMMFAO ! ! !

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:27 AM

Quote:

well thre front of my car is 100% stock , Arms, k frame, shock location, inner fenders, etc....ALL STOCK.....anyone thats ever seen mycar knows what t looks like under the hood....

WHat did imiss ?

67Dart...i dont know your name, but you must be a glutton for punshment trying to argue with the purple shaft crowd..LMMFAO ! ! !

oh now comes the king of bottled HP

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

WHat did imiss ?

bottled or not.....MY FRONT IS ALL STOCK......

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHat did imiss ?

you have a point I can't run with you heads up guys. I am just an old purple shaft bracket racer.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 02:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHat did imiss ?

you have a point I can't run with you heads up guys. I am just an old purple shaft bracket racer.

I'm an old "also ran" field filler.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 05:40 AM

Quote:

Was in Norwalk last year. No car as I was working in Michigan at the time, made no sense to drive 11 hrs home to get car to drive 8 hrs back for race.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 05:59 AM

Quote:

I'm an old "also ran" field filler.

the older i get the more this becomes a reality for me too.....lol..

Attached picture 8032487-20140213_182949smaller.JPG

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Was in Norwalk last year. No car as I was working in Michigan at the time, made no sense to drive 11 hrs home to get car to drive 8 hrs back for race.

that was for tony quick

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/09/14 07:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that was for tony quick

wasn't for me, sounds like a Bird excuse to me heck he wants me to tow half way across the country but yet he didn't even do it

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 12:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that was for tony quick

wasn't for me, sounds like a Bird excuse to me heck he wants me to tow half way across the country but yet he didn't even do it

Say what? Go 11 hrs home to tow 8hrs out to tow 8hrs back to go 11hrs back to work for one race, dude yours completely off your rocker. and you don't post where you live and my mind reading has been slipping lately. As I stated I plan on going with car this year. I just offered a mopar race so you could do other things besides getting drug by a street car.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 12:39 AM

Street car this, street car that. Sooooooo what.

Go get an ice creme cone and chill out.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 12:50 AM

Quote:

hey do me a favor, go over and take care of my light work for me, if he can outrun you i'll make the trip and give him a good

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

hey do me a favor, go over and take care of my light work for me, if he can outrun you i'll make the trip and give him a good

He only wants to mouth off about my low dollar test vehicle and not my other one. I like him around here. He makes me laugh.

Oh and he like racing at sea level tracks.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 05:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He only wants to mouth off about my low dollar test vehicle and not my other one. I like him around here. He makes me laugh.

I will out run any car you have running right now. Also do it on motor with my street car.

I didn't tell you to live in the sticks, and not my problem you don't have a good race track to race at.

I forgot na sb to na sb is a unfair advantage for me so you need a big big block to make it fair.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 05:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I will out run any car you have running right now. Also do it on motor with my street car.

I didn't tell you to live in the sticks, and not my problem you don't have a good race track to race at.

I forgot na sb to na sb is a unfair advantage for me so you need a big big block to make it fair.

You don't want any of my NA big block with your NOS powered big little block. And oh ya, I do all my own engine work and head porting to. I don't have to relie on someone else to build power for me or use the little blue bottle.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 02:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You don't want any of my NA big block with your NOS powered big little block. And oh ya, I do all my own engine work and head porting to. I don't have to relie on someone else to build power for me or use the little blue bottle.

Congrats to you, you screwed together a slow sb. What's wrong with a little a body race? You are lighter, tube chassis, fancy new strut front, steam roller equipped, and now on race gas. To my heavier, 275/60, pump gas, street car, na sb to na sb. No blue bottle needed. You have been telling me for years how this tube chassis potato chip Daytona with some killer big block going to wipe me up, yet I haven't seen this car make a single pass. I guess you can push really fast! Let me know when it's together, my big block nitrous motor should be done by then.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 03:50 PM

Bradley, Bradley, Bradley, there you go again trying your best to act like an east coast grungy racer. You want to line up your after market stroker block engine with the W9 heads that someone else had to port for you against my little stock block garage ported Edelbrock heads. I'm a bracket low dollar weekend racer out making some passes, having some fun. Oh did I mention I do all my own engine building and head work instead of paying someone to do it. What I want to know is by PA law your "street car" has to have a horn. Do you blow the horn when you pull into the ice creme stand and do all the little boys and girls start screaming, there's Bradley in his "fast street car". Do they all huddle around you at your favorite picnic table and listen to your racing stories and watch your YouTube video's. Now if you want to take on my go fast car that ran a couple of 8.48's@159.68mph with my little 440-1's heads in 2010 I will try to finish it this year. Its been since September 2010 so its time. It will have the good heads on it this time so you better talk to Brett to see if he can step up your head program some. Like I said I'm not a heads-up racer but if you want some PLEASE let me know. Ohhhhh and you better top of your little blue NAZ bottle. Maybe even add a second on.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 03:53 PM

Oh by the way you should start your on thread one of these days instead of STEPPING ON everyone eases. Bradley.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 05:19 PM

Dear John,
I did have Brett do my heads, great guy if any one needs some heads done. He did them in his two car garage much like yours I bet. I guess his garage is magical and yours isn't? I see that you port other people head just like he does. I did put my motor together on the last refresh it had. I bought it from Rick R on here and he had it built by Ryan Johnson not me. So whats your point with you build your motors?
Should I mention that I mini tubbed my car my self? I stretched the wheel wells my self. I made and installed the frame connectors my self. I bought a S&W race car cage and welded it in my self. Did you build either of your cars? Does this now make me better then you? Should I complain that yours are professionally built race cars?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 05:28 PM

Dear John,

I am just a bracket racer my self. I race 10.0 index because I have a blast at it. I enjoy heads up racing and grudge racing because it is fun to watch. So I am neither a heads up or grungy racer as you would like me to be.
I have a pump gas small block street car that runs in the eights. Sorry if I think that is impressive, that it was built in my garage. Can you name one other person on this board that has a 8 sec small block street car?
Well I would start my own post but I like make sure you guys still have a heart beat, you know at your age you need to check every now and then. And where else can I

Have a nice day.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 05:58 PM

All I can say is..........WOW..............Keyboard boxing............my favorite new sport where EVERYONE`s a champion, just ask em...........
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:01 PM

Quote:

All I can say is..........WOW..............Keyboard boxing............my favorite new sport where EVERYONE`s a champion, just ask em...........

It is kinda fun on a cold winter day.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:02 PM

I guess if they`re joking kinda hard 2 tell sometimes.............
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:07 PM

Quote:

I guess if they`re joking kinda hard 2 tell sometimes.............

you are correct, but it's still entertaining.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:14 PM

Oh I forgot yes I do have second stage on car, still working out the first. When that correct then I will add the second kit for ya. Nana boo boo to you too!!

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:27 PM

Quote:

Oh I forgot yes I do have second stage on car, still working out the first. When that correct then I will add the second kit for ya. Nana boo boo to you too!!

Some power adder guys crack me up it`s like "I`m gonna get my big brother to beat you up" b.s................build a badder motor!

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:37 PM

holy smack talking I am glad I side stepped that

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 06:43 PM

Not impressed with "stack this and that" crap and see it all of the time around here............not impressed when I know guys runnin around on the streets out here in the 8`s n/a..............

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 07:46 PM

John also you have a aftermarket stroker motor to unless you have one of those rare factory stroker crank.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 07:48 PM

Quote:

Not impressed with "stack this and that" crap and see it all of the time around here............not impressed when I know guys runnin around on the streets out here in the 8`s n/a..............

So you are telling me your buddy not you have this car. lol kinda like getting your big bother huh?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Some power adder guys crack me up it`s like "I`m gonna get my big brother to beat you up" b.s................build a badder motor!

I do believe mines badder then yours!! 9.51@142 on pump gas 92 octane not that race gas you run.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 08:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So you are telling me your buddy not you have this car. lol kinda like getting your big bother huh?

Not what I`m saying at all...............I`m n/a all the way and am WAY more impressed with these types of car plus I don`t need anyone fighting any of my battles.............peace!

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 08:23 PM

9.52 n/a impressive.................sprayed, not.............

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 08:34 PM

Quote:

9.52 n/a impressive.................sprayed, not.............

That's na pump puke no spray, eights on spray. 422 sb

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 08:39 PM

Can`t argue w/that............. What`s it weigh?

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 08:42 PM

Man I go get my taxes done and this guy is still yacking on. I told you he probably talks to himself in the shower. Don't you ever work Bradley or are you one of these guys that say they work and are on the phone texting all day.

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 09:33 PM

Quote:

Can`t argue w/that............. What`s it weigh?

It weights 3230 race ready. 422 w9 727 83/4.
Posted By: TShell

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 09:34 PM

I have a s/b n/a 9 50 142 393 cid

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 09:36 PM

Quote:

Man I go get my taxes done and this guy is still yacking on. I told you he probably talks to himself in the shower. Don't you ever work Bradley or are you one of these guys that say they work and are on the phone texting all day.

On storm work since last Wednesday. 16 hr a day restoring power from ice storm. After you fix it you have to call it in and wait for power company to turn it on. So I have down time and computer in truck.

You still racing that rare factory stroker crank? lol

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 09:39 PM

Quote:

I have a s/b n/a 9 50 142 393 cid

Don't you mean used too!! boom!!
Posted By: TShell

Re: Duster front end updates are done - 02/10/14 09:42 PM

lol that is funny
© 2024 Moparts Forums