Moparts

Houston area racers

Posted By: Fast Yeti

Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:11 AM

Looks like my wife and I will be moving to Houston in the next month. I was wondering about tracks in the area and good engine shops chassis shops ect. Looking forward to the new adventure.

Attached picture 8008257-image.jpg
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:57 AM

Alright, I won't sell the race car if you stay in Louisville.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:57 AM

Venture up to the Dallas area.....would be glad to have ya. Mopars are thinly represented in this state. I live South of Dallas and have 5 tracks within 1 1/2 hour drive. I only know of two in Houston.
Posted By: 416challenger

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 03:31 PM

There are 3 tracks in or around Houston. Royal Purple Raceway, Houston Motorsport Park and Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy. I race at San Antonio Raceway and it is 2-3 hours from Houston depending on what side of to town your coming from.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:05 PM

Quote:

There are 3 tracks in or around Houston. Royal Purple Raceway, Houston Motorsport Park and Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy. I race at San Antonio Raceway and it is 2-3 hours from Houston depending on what side of to town your coming from.

I didn't know about the track in Sealy.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:27 PM

Quote:

Too add to this: HMP is an 1/8th mile track. The others are 1/4 mile.

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:38 PM

Thanks you guys. It looks like HMP is largely a grudge, index T&T track.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 04:41 PM

I am in Houston right now. As mentioned there are three tracks in and around town. I have run at all three if them over the years. They all have their good and bad points but all nice facilities.

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 06:19 PM

Al, where abouts are you at? Send me a PM if you don't want to disclose!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 06:24 PM

Good luck in you future endeavors
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 07:12 PM

Welcome to Houston, shoot me a PM for a meet up!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 08:11 PM

James I am actually in Freindswood for the week

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 08:37 PM

Al, my house is about 5 miles further down south in League City! We should get together!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Houston area racers - 01/23/14 11:38 PM

Quote:

Looks like my wife and I will be moving to Houston in the next month. I was wondering about tracks in the area and good engine shops chassis shops ect. Looking forward to the new adventure.

What?????? No more big wheelies up North here for us to see????

Sure will miss seeing you at the races up here but hope the best for you and the family. Who knows you may end up back this way one day down the road. Stay in touch.

Russ

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 12:23 AM

Thanks Russ. I will miss the Mopar events up north. It's only a 19 hour non stop drive to Norwalk from Houston.lol You never know where I might be in a few years. I will stay in touch. I am in the beginning stages of getting the car fixed. It will probably a few months until it is finished. The car should be close to 200lbs lighter.
Posted By: hemi-hunter

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 05:03 AM

RPR is 1/8 mile only now. HMP is 1/8 only, so I run Evadale raceway about 1 hr from Houston its 1/4 mile. I don't race 1/8 mile so I don't go to royal purple or HMP. Evadale is also called Ben Bruce memorial air park. they have a web site.

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 05:12 AM

When did rpr turn 1/8 mile?

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 05:30 AM

Thanks Chip. I can run either 1/8th or 1/4mi. I am used to 1/8 th mile as my local track Ohio Valley is that. Is Sealy 1/8th mile also?
Posted By: 416challenger

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 07:19 AM

Sealy runs their bracket program 1/8 mile.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Houston area racers - 01/24/14 04:14 PM

Sealy is my favorite track because it is so close for me. That is the people are very friendly. I am out in the Richmond/Rosenberg area and only go to Royal Purple for big events.

Sealy also has VERY reasonable track rental rates..... Not sure on the others.

-Dave
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Houston area racers - 02/05/14 06:09 PM

Moving further and further from Canada. Whats the problem.
Posted By: 1fastabody

Re: Houston area racers - 02/05/14 08:17 PM

KEEP YOUR STUFF LOCKED UP GOOD! I lived in Houston for around a year and someone stole my 72 Duster and Trailer, never to be seen again . Good Luck!
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: Houston area racers - 02/06/14 12:06 AM

Had a friend that lived in Tx for a few years, and I thought he told me that they rotated tracks, as every track was not open every week.
Not sure myself as I only lived in TX for 6 weeks
Maybe someone from the area can comment???

Anywho, Good Luck with the move.
Posted By: onyxba

Re: Houston area racers - 02/07/14 05:51 AM

Royal Purple raceway, houston motorsport park, sealy, pine valley, ben bruce memorial park, all within 1.5 hrs of houston. HMP has a $10,000 5.80 race on march 1. I think the week after is a X275 race. Racing goes on every weekend around houston, if the weather is good. We invite more mopars cause we are few in the area. Be safe with the move.
Posted By: Blown 68 R/T

Re: Houston area racers - 02/07/14 05:07 PM

hey Tom
Kinda sucks for the ol gang that you're moving further away. Will definetly miss ya at Norwalk! No more Corona's and Chimichanga's.But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Take care & keep in touch brother!

Kevin
Posted By: montessa

Re: Houston area racers - 02/07/14 09:09 PM

Tom, I gotta agree with Kevin. I know it was only my first year but, it was great to hang out with you and Doc! Congrats on the move. How's the Road Runner coming?

Re: Houston area racers - 02/08/14 04:04 AM

Thanks guys!
You guys have another place to visit now. Norwalk is only 1300 mi away now
The car is in the chassis shop. I am putting a strut front end on the car. This should lighten it up some. It will be a few months until the car is finished. I will keep in touch. You never know, I might make the drive up to Norwalk!

Attached picture 8030937-image.jpg
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Houston area racers - 02/08/14 03:29 PM

Quote:

You never know, I might make the drive up to Norwalk!

That wouldn't surprise me at all

Good luck with the car and relocation to Texas, Tom

Ron
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Houston area racers - 02/08/14 06:20 PM

I ran at HMP, it is a great hooking track when I was there. Firday night is T&T. the ricers had to wait in line. real racecars were moved to the front and they ran in one lane the ricers another, not at the same time.

People were great at the track.

I was in Spring. pretty nice there.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Houston area racers - 02/08/14 09:54 PM

Let me know if you have some road runner parts you don't want to move.

Good luck on the new start
Posted By: Blown 68 R/T

Re: Houston area racers - 02/09/14 07:11 PM

Tom
If you do decide to haul the RR up to Norwalk make sure not to borrow a beat up ol truck and be wearing a suit at the same time!

Re: Houston area racers - 02/09/14 08:37 PM

Too funny! Not a good combination for me.

Attached picture 8033080-image.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Houston area racers - 02/10/14 01:44 AM

Quote:

There are 3 tracks in or around Houston. Royal Purple Raceway, Houston Motorsport Park and Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy.

I was looking on the web a couple weeks ago and saw those 3 tracks, plus Evadale. I also saw Pine Valley (Lufkin), or do you consider that closer to Dallas?

http://www.pinevalleyracing.com/

http://www.royalpurpleraceway.com/travel-directions
http://www.houstonmotorsportspark.com/
http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/
http://evadaleraceway.com/content/

In about 3 years I plan to leave Maryland (retiring) and looking at various places. If a racer has anything to share about cost of living, housing, property taxes, racer friendly living areas, etc. PM me. Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums