Moparts

Remote water pump

Posted By: BadBelvedere

Remote water pump - 01/22/14 02:26 AM

I bought a set of water manfolds from mancinni racing. was wondering if anybody has tried them. I need some advice on the plumbing.

Thanks.

Attached picture 8006706-watermanfold.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Remote water pump - 01/22/14 05:06 AM

I use those manifolds all the time. If your remote water pump has two exit lines then you just run one line to each block. For the hot water return to the radiator you can either buy a radiator that has two inlets (AN#12 or AN#16) or you can use a Y fitting.

AN lines work or you can use tube fittings and then regular rubber water lines. Either works just fine, the AN stuff looks cooler and costs a ton more, but the rubber water lines work just fine.
Posted By: BadBelvedere

Re: Remote water pump - 01/23/14 12:12 AM

I have a single outlet. So do you think I can tie the top two together and go to the top of the radiator? tie the bottom two together and go to the pump then out of the pump to the lower radiator. I have some adaptors for the radiator so I'm good there. Where did you put your water temp. line. Also how do you like the remote pump? Do you have any pic? Take a look at my pic. see what you think.

Thank you very much!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Remote water pump - 01/23/14 04:30 AM

Sure you can tie the lines together using a Y manifold if that is the way that you want to do it. Having dual lines into the radiator and out of the pump is a lot easier to plumb though. The Y manifolds take up a lot of room and the hoses end up shorter and stiffer. The temp sending unit can go anywhere on the return side. Either in the manifolds on the engine block or in the Y manifold.
Posted By: 3404

Re: Remote water pump - 01/28/14 03:36 PM

Mine using Andys blocks.

Posted By: Diablo

Re: Remote water pump - 01/28/14 05:58 PM

Quote:

Mine using Andys blocks.

What ele water pump are you using in that photo?

Thanks
Posted By: 3404

Re: Remote water pump - 01/28/14 07:57 PM

Meziere Pump. Remote style, I mounted it to the motor plate and fed the pump with a -20 from the bottom of the radiator then used 2 -16 lines from the pump to the blocks then 2 -16 from the blocks back to the top of the radiator.
part number might be WP337S
© 2024 Moparts Forums