Moparts

Milodon Oil Filter Adapter Problem

Posted By: Dduster

Milodon Oil Filter Adapter Problem - 01/20/14 05:52 AM

I think this is one of those 'Blasts From The Past' kind of things?? I am having oil leakage from the Mildodon Oil Filter Adapter for the dual line set-up? I seem to remember something of a green gasket situation(??) or something unique about this from a while back? This leakage thing is new and really bothersome and just plain kills the buzz for peace of mind for Brackets. Anyone experience this and know a correction?? Yes,.. I can remove the filter and tighten down the fasteners but I have done that and It leaks a whole lot more than I want and is past just being a nuisance. I need to fix this leak thing now.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Milodon Oil Filter Adapter Problem - 01/20/14 06:10 AM

Yes, throw that 2-piece Milodon junk in the aluminum scrap bin and buy the one-piece unit from Muscle Motors.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Milodon Oil Filter Adapter Problem - 01/20/14 07:11 AM

Remove the front piece and take it to a decent machine shop and have them machine it for O rings No gaskest needed after that You can also buy a new grey or black gasket from Milidon I started drilling and tapping them to convert them to a remote mount oil filter set up
Posted By: BadBelvedere

Re: Milodon Oil Filter Adapter Problem - 01/22/14 02:34 AM

I had problem with one. The gasket blew out on top end. The car was destroyed. I woulden't trust that set up. I went with a one piece unit. Much safer.
© 2024 Moparts Forums