Moparts

Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads

Posted By: mshred

Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:00 PM

Does anybody make them for the the thread pitch of these heads? I need them to work with fabbed aluminum valve covers too. They currently have long bolts, but I was using those in my iron heads...worried that with the aluminum I might eventually strip out the holes when bolting them back on so looking to go to studs.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:07 PM

If they are the same length as the reverse lip covers
that mount on the W2,W5,W7,W9 then you want the stud
kit P4876676 from MP
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:09 PM

there nothing special, any good hardware store with a good selection may have them. I picked up some shorter ones just the other day

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:19 PM

They arent anything special... just 1/4-20 threads
in the head... most of the studs have a 1/4-28 on the
valve cover end but 1/4-20 on both ends works fine
Posted By: mshred

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:33 PM

Ok I will have to measure how long I need and pick some up then...My biggest thing though, especially knowing how I am with small parts, is losing or dropping the washer and nut for each stud when removing it lol

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:37 PM

Quote:

Ok I will have to measure how long I need and pick some up then...My biggest thing though, especially knowing how I am with small parts, is losing or dropping the washer and nut for each stud when removing it lol

The stud kit I showed above is real nice.. it has a
smaller extended part with a radius to help from not
dropping the nuts(nyloc nuts... no washers used)
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 06:38 PM

Get some nuts, that have the incorporated washers. I used the ground strap nuts from the 80's radios. Gold irritated to boot.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Valve cover studs for Indy 360-1 heads - 01/19/14 07:56 PM

Quote:

Does anybody make them for the the thread pitch of these heads? I need them to work with fabbed aluminum valve covers too. They currently have long bolts, but I was using those in my iron heads...worried that with the aluminum I might eventually strip out the holes when bolting them back on so looking to go to studs.

I used studs from Canadian Tire.
Matt
Forgot
Fastenal will have what you need too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums