Moparts

Fiberglass bumpers

Posted By: 1fastaspen

Fiberglass bumpers - 01/11/14 02:58 PM

Looking for fiberglass bumpers for my Aspen and I am having no luck does anyone know were I can find some thanks for the help
Posted By: StrokedW7

Re: Fiberglass bumpers - 01/13/14 04:09 AM

It may have changed over the years but when I had my Volare Road Runner no body made them. I think I talked to a guy that actually put a Dart (I think it was a Dart) bumper on the front of his car. He removed the brackets and sunk the bumper in closer to the body. It actually looked nice.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Fiberglass bumpers - 01/13/14 04:30 AM

A 73-76 Dart sport front bumper is a similar shape but narrower and might be able to be used with some mods. The front bumper from a 70-72 Duster is better looking and a very close fit as a replacement for the F-body rear.
Doug
Posted By: 76Beeper

Re: Fiberglass bumpers - 01/13/14 08:05 PM

WS racing fiberglass makes em.
I bought a set (2 yrs ago) to replace the ones that were mushed when my 76 F-body was in an accident.
They don't seem to have a website anymore.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Fiberglass bumpers - 01/13/14 08:12 PM

Quote:

Looking for fiberglass bumpers for my Aspen and I am having no luck does anyone know were I can find some thanks for the help

Try making some out of 1/8" pressed board. Not pretty, but very light.

Attached picture 7996143-bumper.jpg
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Fiberglass bumpers - 01/15/14 06:36 AM

Quote:

WS racing fiberglass makes em.
I bought a set (2 yrs ago) to replace the ones that were mushed when my 76 F-body was in an accident.
They don't seem to have a website anymore.

FYI I used WS with very poor results in both timing and quality. Maybe things have changed but just an fyi
© 2024 Moparts Forums