Moparts

main hoop angle

Posted By: king coronet

main hoop angle - 01/09/14 07:30 PM

when putting a rollcage in do you angle the main hoop back? thanks
Posted By: dizuster

Re: main hoop angle - 01/09/14 07:43 PM

I do. I like them to astheticly follow the b pillar. I also find it to give me a little more room being a taller driver. Still gives better rear seat room too.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 12:08 AM

Quote:

I do. I like them to astheticly follow the b pillar.

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 02:53 AM

Quote:

If your installing the roll bar for racing you need to look at the rules for that installation for you in the car what may be legal for you in your car may not be legal with me in your car Don't be disappointed , build it for you to fit the rules
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 07:05 AM

B pillar or right behind the front door jamb. I hate seeing roll bars in the side window. Not to mention what was already said, put it back for some room, if your short move the column and the pedals back. The Farther back the main hoop is the more room to get in and out over the side bar(s).
Posted By: dvw

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 01:15 PM

I moved mine back and it follows the B-Pillar. I asked our division 3 tech director about it, no issue. Mine was certed by him also.
Doug
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 03:04 PM

Mine is vertical, but set back as far as possible on a square tube outrigger. It hides nicely behind the B-pillar.

Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 03:32 PM

When I had my Challenger re-caged, I wanted the main hoop further back in the car than it was previously, which would have meant adding something behind the main ladder bar cross member as the anchor point. The builder talked me into simply angling it back instead. It worked great, gave me the leg room I coveted, and easy access for a 300 pound man even with a funny car cage.

Attached picture 7992360-100_0571.JPG
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 04:11 PM

If its a full cage car I like to have the customer
sit in the car on the seat and set the angle of the seat
to get it right(front of the seat supporting the knee)
and far enough that he can hit the firewall with his feet
and then determain where the hoop needs to be and
if it needs to be angled... I tend to play with small
cars so in most cases the bar is behind the B-pillar...
the hoop can be angled alot farther than most would
think and still pass tech... I put Scotts bar in his
car and we ran his seat all the way back to see where
it would need to be and the angle

Attached picture 7992373-DSC00018.JPG
Posted By: Crizila

Re: main hoop angle - 01/10/14 04:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If your installing the roll bar for racing you need to look at the rules for that installation for you in the car what may be legal for you in your car may not be legal with me in your car Don't be disappointed , build it for you to fit the rules

Good advice.
Posted By: loaderpro

Re: main hoop angle - 01/11/14 03:59 AM

There is no rule for angle other than the driver must be within the confines of the roll bar or cage, I always lay them back 15 degrees.

Attached picture 7993153-pomona.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: main hoop angle - 01/11/14 07:42 AM

On mine I just put it level as I did not pay much attention to lining it up with my front to rear side window post. Ah well no one's ever complained. Ron

© 2024 Moparts Forums