Moparts

HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram

Posted By: Bishop

HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 12/31/13 10:59 PM

I have a Ray Barton cross ram on a 572 Hemi (made 895 HP @6500) and was wondering how much taller is a Indy tunnel ram and do you think there would be a performance going to a TR

Thanks Brian

Attached picture 7978649-Raybartoncrossram.jpg
Posted By: Mulehead

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 12/31/13 11:29 PM

I had a cross ram on my 512,Change over a 426 intake gain Et and Mph

Attached picture 7978694-DSC06148.JPG
Posted By: Mulehead

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 12/31/13 11:30 PM

two

Attached picture 7978697-DSC06147.JPG
Posted By: chryco

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 12/31/13 11:50 PM

I wouldn`t expect much of a gain in performance . My 557 " runs fine with a RBRE / single 1050 Dominator set up and is making 875 HP . A LOT easier to tune as well .
$0.02
Happy New Year !
Posted By: Dragula

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 12/31/13 11:53 PM

I can take some measurements if you want....Although its kinda cold out today...like 40mph winds and 18* out, but I have an Indy TR and their -2 single plane intake...I really like the TR, very little porting is needed on those..Mine fits under the hood when I run it with the TR on...But I do have scoop.
Posted By: Bishop

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/01/14 12:52 AM

I have a Sled city Fiberglas AFX Hemi scoop on my 64 just wonder if it will fit under the hood

Attached picture 7978868-64attristate.jpg
Posted By: 572charger

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/01/14 02:13 PM

it will be close ive got one on my charger and i have a 68 super stock hemi hood scoop on mine it fits under ,but mine is 1" taller scoop , i may be able to measure it to day ,i know the carbs are( 850s)slightly above the hood
Posted By: Stanton

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/01/14 05:24 PM

The story on the Barton cr's is that he did a ton of R&D on them only to arrive at an event in California and find all the west coast guys running fabricated tunnel rams with slightly offset carbs and calling them cr's. The NHRA tech guys sided with the fabbed units and that pretty much put an end to the original style cr's. I would suspect the Barton cr is a fully race prepped item. I'm guessing the Indy TR is "out of the box". The Barton cr should easily outperform an out of the box Indy tr.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/01/14 05:33 PM

Quote:

The story on the Barton cr's is that he did a ton of R&D on them only to arrive at an event in California and find all the west coast guys running fabricated tunnel rams with slightly offset carbs and calling them cr's. The NHRA tech guys sided with the fabbed units and that pretty much put an end to the original style cr's. I would suspect the Barton cr is a fully race prepped item. I'm guessing the Indy TR is "out of the box". The Barton cr should easily outperform an out of the box Indy tr.

Depends on the CI and the cam for where your peak comes in at...No one intake is universal..I remeber seeing intakes all lined up at one racers tent. They try all different stuff to get the most out of them at the upper levels.

Posted By: hemicop

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/04/14 07:37 PM

If RBRE did your motor, I'd talk to them. Think back on just what a x-ram is. Essentially it's a horizontal tunnelram, so the only real benefit, IMO, would be you're straightening out the path of your incoming mixture. Now how much that's worth, I'm guessing would ( as was said) depend on your combo, where the power is made & what you're trying to accomplish.If the car is only a local/bracket car it may not be worth it. If you're going for every last once of HP & ET, then you need to consult with someone that knows your combo & not just gamble on opinions.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/05/14 07:55 AM

Quote:

I have a Sled city Fiberglas AFX Hemi scoop on my 64 just wonder if it will fit under the hood

Nice scoop!
Posted By: 572charger

Re: HEMI Ray Barton crossram VS Indy tunnel ram - 01/05/14 01:22 PM

my rear carb on the indy hemi tunnel ram sticks out of the hood about 2 1/2 inches to the top of the fuel bowl vent
© 2024 Moparts Forums