Moparts

64 Ply hood ?

Posted By: 383man

64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 12:09 AM

Does anyone make a glass hood for the 64 Plymouth with the stock size Hemi scoop on it ? Thanks , Ron
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 01:13 AM

I'm sure you searched prior to posting, and you may be looking for one with the scoop already molded in, but I'm bored, and google came up with these:

http://www.jegs.com/i/US-Body/277/BLH-4/10002/-1?parentProductId=
+
http://www.kramerauto.com/proddetail.asp?prod=H15-AC-005

Merry Christmas, Ron. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 01:19 AM

Between US Body and Kramer .... beware
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 01:32 AM

Ron, you really don't want to get a glass hood with the scoop already molded on. The bolt on scoops are a much better choice . I would reccommend SLEDCITY for a lift off hood and the scoop , AAR for a bolt on.

Casey
Posted By: Bishop

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 01:33 AM

Sled city pin on hood great luck dealing with Larry
WS Racing bolt on hood, slow shipping poorly packaged
Posted By: moparlifer

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 03:02 AM

Try W&S fiberglass in Cleveland, Oh.
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 03:05 AM

Stay as far away as possible from WS racing!!! Do a search and you will see why.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/27/13 08:55 AM

Quote:

Ron, you really don't want to get a glass hood with the scoop already molded on. The bolt on scoops are a much better choice . I would reccommend SLEDCITY for a lift off hood and the scoop , AAR for a bolt on.

Casey

Thanks, Casey! www.sledcityevents.com Lift off hood $300 bolt on scoop $275

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/29/13 06:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Casey

Thanks, Casey! www.sledcityevents.com Lift off hood $300 bolt on scoop $275

Casey do you or yoyr company put the scoops on the hoods for customers or do the customers always do it themselfs ? Thanks , Ron
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/29/13 08:20 PM

I think you mean.. Larry I'm sure he will mount it if that's what you want. It doesn't take to much time to do it once you know where the factory put them.

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/29/13 11:53 PM

Quote:

I think you mean.. Larry I'm sure he will mount it if that's what you want. It doesn't take to much time to do it once you know where the factory put them.

This is Larry @ Sled City. My scoops have the studs hanging down for "The E-Z Mount System". Out of almost 500 of these scoops sold, we have only mounted 4 of them and they were on our cars. They are so easy to mount that anyone can do it.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/30/13 06:15 AM

Ron, I believe the hood you have the double-hump scoop on is a sled city piece. The hemi style scoop is easy to mount; we did it on the Fury. Just need to measure carefully and make it square. If you want the change for hood clearance issues you can always cut the carb like we did on the polara. I have always liked the double-hump better.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/30/13 07:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

This is Larry @ Sled City. My scoops have the studs hanging down for "The E-Z Mount System". Out of almost 500 of these scoops sold, we have only mounted 4 of them and they were on our cars. They are so easy to mount that anyone can do it.

Do your hoods have the inner bracing and can they be bolted to the hinge?

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/30/13 07:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry as I meant you Larry. Thats fine as I will let my brother know and get back to you as he wants a lift off hood so the scoop and hood sound fine. I will let you know and thanks all. Ron

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/30/13 07:38 AM

Quote:

Ron, I believe the hood you have the double-hump scoop on is a sled city piece. The hemi style scoop is easy to mount; we did it on the Fury. Just need to measure carefully and make it square. If you want the change for hood clearance issues you can always cut the carb like we did on the polara. I have always liked the double-hump better.

Yea I prefer the double hump Maxie scoop but Gary likes the Hemi scoop. Course the 63's only had the Maxie scoop. Ron

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 12/30/13 04:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do your hoods have the inner bracing and can they be bolted to the hinge?

All of my Sled City hoods are lift offs. I make race car hoods and when you get into the hingable fiberglass hoods, how much weight are you really loosing? 5-7 pounds and spending triple $$$ on the hingable unit? When you use a lift off hood, you don't need the hinges or any of the latching system.

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/10/14 11:11 PM

We want to order the hood and scoop from Larry at Sled City. Ron
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/11/14 01:31 PM

I anyone is interested I have a Sled City 64 liftoff hood with max-wedge scoop attached.

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/11/14 02:01 PM

Quote:

I anyone is interested I have a Sled City 64 liftoff hood with max-wedge scoop attached.

Thanks but my brother is dead set on the stock height Hemi scoop. But what does he know as I told him the Max Wedge scoop is better. Ron
Posted By: Bishop

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/11/14 04:33 PM

I have a AF/X HEMI scoop from Larry and Love it

Attached picture 7993551-64attristate.jpg
Posted By: dOoC

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/11/14 05:58 PM

Quote:

All of my Sled City hoods are lift offs. I make race car hoods and when you get into the hingable fiberglass hoods, how much weight are you really loosing? 5-7 pounds and spending triple $$$ on the hingable unit? When you use a lift off hood, you don't need the hinges or any of the latching system.

But GLASSer .. you don't have to have that entire structure underneath to make it a HINGE TYPE hood. I did many that were IN FACT "duzed"(sp) onto the hinge for EZ remooval if needed. A bit of a PITA to build .. but worth it in the end for the customer.

The weight penalty was maybe 3-4 pounds and the cost ... triple the cost of a lift-off hood in the cases you have seen ? ... IIRC ... maybe 80$ or so ...
Posted By: nss guy

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/12/14 03:01 AM

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.......

mine is a hinge hood from WS Racing

It's great being able to open the hood and have it stay up!! on it's own.

Attached picture 7994283-7580e.jpg

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/12/14 05:31 PM

Quote:

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.......

mine is a hinge hood from WS Racing

It's great being able to open the hood and have it stay up!! on it's own.

And it looks very good on such a great looking car like yours. But he likes the lift off hood as thats what he has used for many years and everyone says Larry's (Sled City) hoods work good so he is ordering a hood from Larry. Thanks for calling me and taking time on the phone with me Larry. Ron
Posted By: sam64

Re: 64 Ply hood ? - 01/12/14 07:43 PM

I just hope he makes your hood better than he[larry] made my lift off hood a few years ago.a hood scoop would have covered some of the waves,but i don't run a scoop.
© 2024 Moparts Forums