Moparts

Show your flip front end mechanism?

Posted By: jyrki

Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/26/13 12:33 PM

Should start planning the flip front attachment and would really like to see some working systems before trying to invent gun powder again.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/26/13 03:24 PM

6bblFlash has a nice setup on his Cuda.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/26/13 04:38 PM

Quote:

Should start planning the flip front attachment and would really like to see some working systems before trying to invent gun powder again.

This is the only picture I have on this computer, but you can see the idea. We put the hinges for the front end on a sliding tube in the end of the frame rail. This way, you can pull the dog house forward before tilting it. That way it clears the doors when it rotates.
If you want to see more I will post other pictures tonight.
Mark

Attached picture 7971820-August7thValveadjust008-Copy.JPG
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/26/13 06:52 PM

All help is appreciated. Your system seems pretty simple and I guess it might work. Also how it's supported and attached on the flips side?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/26/13 07:18 PM

Quote:

All help is appreciated. Your system seems pretty simple and I guess it might work. Also how it's supported and attached on the flips side?

S&W offers a kit to mount to the fiberglass and a
attachment point to the chassis.. all you would
really need to do is supply the hinge... but S&W
might even have that(note... their on line catalog
isnt the best, it doesnt show everything they sell)
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Show your flip front end mechanism? - 12/27/13 01:51 AM

Here is another pic. The mounting tubes have plates welded on them , and those are bonded to the fiberglass with bonding adhesive and then fiberglass cloth.
The stops are made into the hinge, but the design needs some refining/ improving, as the front got heavier than originally planned.
I hope this helps.
If you need more pics, let me know.
Mark

Attached picture 7972378-017-Copy.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums