Moparts

Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk

Posted By: Scamp408

Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 03:09 PM

Any ET gains from the std high flow mechanical to an electric like the billet moroso ?
Posted By: 79410aspenrt

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 03:17 PM

simple answer is no. I have tried it and no gain.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 06:03 PM

I'm sure there is BUT it might be small enough to not
see it on the track.. but the elec pump sure helps
when cooling between rounds.. between the elec pump
and elec fan it only takes a few minutes running them
to cool between the rounds
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 08:11 PM

Quote:

Any ET gains from the std high flow mechanical to an electric like the billet moroso ?

I have posted this on here before....

Both my brother and I both swapped from standard water pumps to the Moroso electric water pumps about a month apart apart a few years back.
He had a 360 powered 66 Dart. At the time the best the car had ever ran was 12.07, first time out with electric water pump( and electric fan) he went 11.98, in air that was no better( if as good) as when he ran his previous best of 12.07)
I noted almost the same gains making the same swap on a car that at the time was running high 10's.
My combo was more sorted out than his, but I noticed about an 8 or 9 hundreds difference as well, just like he did.
So both of our cars picked up almost a tenth by swapping to electric fans and water pumps, from how the cars were previously configured.
Zero doubt about the gains, they were notable and immediate.

Other things I did, like going aluminum drum and full roller on my tranny I saw nothing. Also saw zero difference swapping from 8.75 rear to Dana on consecutive weekends in identical air, no ET difference.
Pump and fans were night and day difference though

Btw, these were not the little belt driven type deals, these are the standalone pumps like Meziere and such. The Moroso just happened to be a direct bolt on swap( still is)

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 09:15 PM

Got the electric fan with underdriven water pump.
Just wondering worth the time and money.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/24/13 09:56 PM

if you plan on bracket racing yes
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/25/13 11:19 AM

I saw a small gain in the pump and a much larger one with getting rid of the mechanical fan.

So much that when running a local heads up street tire deal in the 90's I would put the mechanical stuff back on to knock some of the hit out to hook the car up.

Note. back then stock suspension meant stock and street tires were no where close to what we have now.

Leon
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/25/13 03:39 PM

Quote:

I saw a small gain in the pump and a much larger one with getting rid of the mechanical fan.

So much that when running a local heads up street tire deal in the 90's I would put the mechanical stuff back on to knock some of the hit out to hook the car up.

Note. back then stock suspension meant stock and street tires were no where close to what we have now.

Leon

I agree, the fan is a bigger deal than the pump

Re: Electric Water Pump ?? Small Blk - 12/25/13 06:12 PM

Its decided keeping the mechanical pump and off for other ideas lol.
© 2024 Moparts Forums