Moparts

Racers for Rescues

Posted By: Eric

Racers for Rescues - 12/21/13 06:39 PM

From my Facebook page "Racers for Rescues"

I'm trying to get this organized by spring. If anyone is interested in helping in anyway that would be great. Most of the racing I will be attending will be in PA,NY,OH,VA and MD...but you never know. If someone is interested I can post a rescue or race collection on my page for them. Thanks for any help

From the page:
Thinking of all the miles I log driving around the country to get to races by myself I came to the conclusion that there is an empty seat next to me that could be used to transport an adopted or fostered animal. So..this spring I will be reaching out to some shelters and letting them know I can help in a small way.

I then started to think of the cost of a bag of dog or cat food and realized that it would be a small percentage of my racing weekend and that I could do without one or two stops for fast food on the way to the track.

Then the wheels started turning...I thought of what an impact could be made if even just a few of my racing friends would be willing to help out also.

Well...this spring it happens. I am hopeful that some of you guys and girls will help me on my quest. You need not be a racer.
Posted By: Geezer

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/22/13 06:35 PM

I hate Facebook,but will check it out.Sounds great.
Posted By: Dartlover67

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/22/13 07:50 PM

Eric,I was trying to find your Facebook page but no luck.Is it listed Racers for Rescue?
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/22/13 08:00 PM

Pm me what you would need the wife and I would love to help!
Posted By: Eric

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/23/13 05:15 AM

Yes it's listed as "Racers for rescues"
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/23/13 01:47 PM

Great idea today I passed the info to some friends.

will any farm animals be involved
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Racers for Rescues - 12/23/13 04:27 PM

Great Idea Eric, my wife an I have been fosters and are presently suporters and contributors to the local humane society and it feels good to help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums