Moparts

torque converter

Posted By: 74DS

torque converter - 12/11/13 08:45 PM

Any suggestions for a torque converter ?
416 small block ( approx 500hp )4.56 gears 727 trans with manual valve body 31x18-15 MT tires .. some street driving ....
thanks in advance !
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: torque converter - 12/11/13 09:31 PM

I would look for and buy a new custom built 8 inch race converter from the best company you can I had a custom 10 inch converter built for my street and strip stroker BB 512 C.I. Duster, I broke it after several years of racing and driving it, I had brand new Turbo Action 8 inch race hemi converter I had taken in trade on some motor work so I ended up puting it in the car and the car picked up .2 Et and 2.2 MPH inthe 1/8 mile It drove a lot better at the track (higher foot stall ) and on the street A good race converter will drive nice on the street also
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 03:26 AM

Call Lenny at Ultimate Converters.....
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 03:55 AM

On this site, this question always ends up with the majority of responses being either Ultimate or Dynamic.

I run a Dynamic 9-1/2", and it works real well for me, although my car is a slow street car.
Posted By: D-50

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 04:16 AM

PTC converters and Kenny is also a mopar guy.
Posted By: 383man

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 05:56 AM

Call any one of these good converter companies......Ultimate , Dynamic , PTC , Turbo Action , ATI or any other good converter company. Pick the one you like best by seeing how cars run with that companies converter and reputation of them. All the ones I just said are good converter companies and there is more out there so once you decide which one to use call and talk to them to build your converter as they will need all the info about your car. Myself I have use Turbo Action and Dynamic and both work great for me. Ron
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 03:59 PM

Call one and see if they ask a zilion questions about your ride. I've used PTC and Turbo Action with good results. My PTC did exactly whay he said it would do. The TA was also great
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 09:00 PM

Quote:

Any suggestions for a torque converter ?
416 small block ( approx 500hp )4.56 gears 727 trans with manual valve body 31x18-15 MT tires .. some street driving ....
thanks in advance !

I`m the other guy and my Continental is awesome after many years...........
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 09:39 PM

Continental is one of the top three in the country in my opinion.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 10:32 PM

Quote:

Continental is one of the top three in the country in my opinion.

Agreed....................
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: torque converter - 12/12/13 10:37 PM

As you can see... everyone has a favorite company...
I like TA, he is Mopar and builds for MP... thats
what I run in both of my SB cars... the Rampage is
street/strip with a 5000 rpm stall and the race car
has a 5600 stall
Posted By: 74DS

Re: torque converter - 12/13/13 10:29 PM

Thanks everyone !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums