Moparts

hearders are ready to be tiged and coated

Posted By: earthmover

hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 05:40 AM

got the headers all done..had them done before but wanted a little more tire clearance so took them apart and redid them.. great learning but time is a must ..
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 01:46 PM

Did you use a header kit?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 01:51 PM

They look good... do they point downward on the collector..
how much ground clearance
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 02:33 PM

I think I would have took them out the fenders for more ground clearance. Mike did you replace the support bar you had to move? I would do that if you didn't.

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Did you use a header kit?

yes its a stalh kit but I hear they are going under so sad..

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 03:23 PM

Quote:

They look good... do they point downward on the collector..
how much ground clearance

hey mrp yes they point down just a little at the collector with the bar that runs from the chassis to the body it was my only way to get them to work the way I have them...I have about 1/2 clearance from the frame and other stuff.. I plan to make a plate that goes under the master and brake pedal to help block what heat will be there..

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 03:27 PM

Quote:

I think I would have took them out the fenders for more ground clearance. Mike did you replace the support bar you had to move? I would do that if you didn't.

hey tony a bunch of my buddies tried to get me to go out the fenders ....maybe down the road once I get the new motor done for it.. I plan to put the bars back once I have everything in order and doing 1 last check on stuff...but they will be back in there...

not on a lot lately did you get your gasket stuff worked out?????
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 11/30/13 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

hey tony a bunch of my buddies tried to get me to go out the fenders ....maybe down the road once I get the new motor done for it.. I plan to put the bars back once I have everything in order and doing 1 last check on stuff...but they will be back in there...

not on a lot lately did you get your gasket stuff worked out?????

yes the heads were ported to much getting into head stud area which are under oil pressure. hope to have it back together soon.
Posted By: nasty68

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 12/01/13 03:28 AM

Headers look great. I like the ram head cut into the motor plate. Looks awesome.

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 12/01/13 03:49 AM

lol thanks quicktree tony is the man
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: hearders are ready to be tiged and coated - 12/01/13 04:45 AM

That's a good looking set of headers. If you need a coater Rick is good. He did mine. He put 2000* black on the inside and the 1300* ceramic on the outside. They were blue when he got em lol.
Ricks custom coating
502 648-8438
© 2024 Moparts Forums