Moparts

Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid?

Posted By: MPerry

Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 03:01 AM

http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-racer-crashes-while-testing-on-a-public-road/

All I know is that has to put a big dent in the wallet.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 03:04 AM

Ouch, don't think that will buff out.
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 05:17 AM

That had to hurt the wallet
Posted By: larry890

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 05:34 AM

That sucks ,
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 02:49 PM

went out for a little T&T and came hom witha box of parts. That car is broken! Looked like a brand new black top....Those things can be greasy.
Posted By: Duner

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 03:00 PM

Not a very forgiving spot.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? *DELETED* - 11/29/13 07:16 PM

Post deleted by Crizila
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 07:22 PM

Quote:

Unknown surface, no walls, narrow, no near by safety, =

Did you see those telephone poles??

Bummer for him.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 07:30 PM

Hop down to the bottom of the page and read some of the comments. I guess he was getting ready for that stupid street racing show filming in California.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 08:31 PM

Glad he did it there and not in the lane next to me..
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 08:37 PM

Quote:

Bummer for him.

You mean having to live life as an idiot??..... Yep, bummer!
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 09:18 PM

Nobody here has ever stood on it off a track?

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 09:28 PM

Quote:

not to many people here w/ a Pro-Stock car... It's a little different doing a few WOT in a 10 second car then something like that.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 09:33 PM

Quote:

Not many here have 1300HP like this car.

I've 'stood on it' before on the street but only with a Sure Grip, never with a spool. Spools make things worse once you get loose. The 2 spooled cars I've owned were only run on the track.
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/29/13 09:41 PM

Quote:

Not a very forgiving spot.

In one of the last shots in that video there was a pile of white stuff off the side of the road - snow, or sand? If it's snow well there's one more reason for it not to hook, too cold. No burnout to heat the tires, too many things going wrong to add up to a nice pass.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? *DELETED* - 11/29/13 11:20 PM

Post deleted by Crizila
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 02:47 AM

I know the guy in this video... in fact, I offered him my car for the OKC boys the following weekend.. But he had already withdrawn...

This road is deserted in the middle of Calif, far away from traffic.. and this is the section of road he's done quite of bit of testing on... He said that one of the rear shocks broke and thats why it ended the way it did..

I wish him all the luck in the world in getting the car back together..
Posted By: go green

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 05:13 AM

Darwin award ..

The only answer is to take full reasonability for their complete lack of judgement .
It does not get any more embarrassing for these clowns , live and learn .
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 03:54 PM

His car his money and this type of racing is what he wants to do. I think its dumb as heck but I have watched 100s of street race videos and sat there and said "Boy that looks like fun and they sure are fast" These guys and these races have been going on for ever.One thing I have noticed about street racers If you call them out you will get a race. Most all the Heads up guys here all they do is hide in their garages and key board race. I'm glad he is alright and hope he gets the car back together.Looks like a fast ride.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? *DELETED* - 11/30/13 04:07 PM

Post deleted by Crizila
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 04:15 PM

Yeah and they said that with a 10.5 tire too... I respect their quest to be the first one to the stripe, and see that they were "on their own".... no people down track, no crosstraffic, nobody to harm but themselves. Smart?? maybe not, but the adventure factor is certainly high . If you do some searches you can find other cars of this caliber making clean hits on the street.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 05:16 PM

Just because you can "tag" it doesn't make it a street car... Just saying.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 07:00 PM

Quote:

Too much TV and mag BS and people start loosing sight of reality.

Thats the thing... he was to be one of those TV stars the following week.... you cant test and prep for a street race at the track..

In my opinion.. being out in the middle of no where is a heck of a lot better than being on the outskirts of town in some industrial complex..
Posted By: Duner

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 11/30/13 07:07 PM

I have my own deserted "industrial complex" that I test at. Of course, as was said - a 10-second ride is way different than what's almost a pro stock ride. My "test" spot is between two huge warehouses that are 1/3 mile long and room to turn semis around between them. No view of the area from the road - and it's on private property. Nobody has ever bothered me there. You can't get very far into high gear, but you can sure work on the launch settings.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 05:06 AM

Boy, I see this place is still full of Pussies and still up on their high horses.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 05:23 AM

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 05:54 AM

Quote:

Boy, I see this place is still full of Pussies and still up on their high horses.

.... I was trying to be diplomatic about this.... but now that you threw it out there!!
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 06:59 AM

I had a close call or two with a few of my toys, but I know that running a car like that on a crowned road is just asking for trouble. And I have the scars to prove it
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 07:06 AM

Looks like Paradise Road, he must not have watched American Graffiti.

At least he wasn't endangering anyone else.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 07:33 AM

Quote:

Roflmao!!!!!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 02:21 PM

Quote:

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? *DELETED* - 12/03/13 02:29 PM

Post deleted by Crizila
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 02:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No linkage between pussies and stupid.

I'm not sure how true or untrue that statement is, but taken out of context one can go many places with that
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 03:04 PM

Quote:

Insults and attitude won't save you from reality. I hope you never race where I do. I take chances, but only within reason. You obviously don't, and some day will learn the hard way, hopefully all by yourself.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 08:33 PM

Sorry I participated in this post. I'm sure those involved ( and I don't know any of them ) don't need any help from me with their feelings. Hope they recover soon and get back to building kick butt Mopars.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 09:23 PM

it's been tested!
oh, and to answer your question, no doubt in my civilian mind, drag racer being stupid.

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 10:27 PM

I guess one can argue that drag racing in a legal enviroment, on a race track, with security, medical and safety equipment in place.. is still stupid..

Its all a matter of which side of the argument you want to sit..

Me.. personally... I love drag racing.. I love racing of (almost) all types.. as long as its done in a safe and sane manner with reasonable precaution taken..

Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/03/13 11:52 PM

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

Just good to see he didn't get hurt

Rickster
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/04/13 12:06 AM

At least it wasn't a total loss. The lift-off hood and fenders are still in good shape.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/04/13 12:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Insults and attitude won't save you from reality. I hope you never race where I do. I take chances, but only within reason. You obviously don't, and some day will learn the hard way, hopefully all by yourself.

You just backed up what I said,Thank You!

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/04/13 01:56 AM

Quote:

all I see is a guy that stayed in it 5 seconds and that was one second too long. I don't think it was driver error as you can see the car made a right hand turn as he got out of it. One guy said he broke a shock, sucks... If I was testing a car like that, it would have been a wide open area, not an area with 3' ditches on both sides and telephone polls on the other. Not a pussy on a high horse, just 1/2 smart.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/04/13 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You just backed up what I said,Thank You!

Son, you are a hoot Have a nice day
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Street Racer or Drag racer being stupid? - 12/04/13 04:43 PM

Quote:

3' ditches on both sides and telephone polls on the other. Not a pussy on a high horse, just 1/2 smart.

© 2024 Moparts Forums