Moparts

Torque converter refresh???

Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 03:51 PM

How often does anyone have their torque converter re freshened by the mfg.? I have a PTC in my racecar now for 5 years without any problems. About 400 passes or so. Should I send it back or put it back in for 2014? Mid 9 sec car @3550 lbs.
Mike
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 05:33 PM

I talked to Chris at Continental about this years ago and he said if it`s still working, leave it alone................been "working" for 10+ years..........
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 05:36 PM

If there is no loss in performance or you are not toasting the ATF .. roger that - leave it alone
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 05:46 PM

Quote:

If there is no loss in performance or you are not toasting the ATF .. roger that - leave it alone

Heck yours will last about 30 years the way you race Doc.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Heck yours will last about 30 years the way you race Doc.

Hay cheesyBURGHERguy ..,, I resemble that remark ! The vert in my 62 is a A990 piece(coarse spline) and I have HAD IT since the early 70's ....
Posted By: Duner

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 05:57 PM

Well if I would stop hurting mine all the time.... I could answer that without cringing.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Torque converter refresh??? - 11/19/13 06:10 PM

I have a 15 year old TCI sitting on my shelf that was cut open after a few years of use, there was absolutly nothing wrong with it,( found out that I was talked into spending 125.00 for no reason) ran it up till 3 years ago when I had a new one built and it is ready to go back in if needed, so if it is working correctly and hasn't changed then don't waste your money.
© 2024 Moparts Forums