Moparts

Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC

Posted By: Plumcrazyracing

Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 08:53 AM

Does anyone know what brand springs come with indy's ez heads? I have the 295cc'd set with the upgraded spring to accomodate a .650 lift. They are a double spring with a Dampner. Also, what kind of seat pressure and open pressure i should see with these springs?

I have a solid roller .621 lift.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 06:01 PM

Quote:

Also, what kind of seat pressure and open pressure i should see with these springs?

I have a solid roller .621 lift.

Thanks,

Steve

I don't what brand of springs that Indy uses but I would want 250 lbs pressure minimum on the seats and 550+ open. When it comes to valve spring pressures on race roller cams, more is way better than to little Not every solid roller cam has the same lobes so the more radical the lobe the more spring pressures are needed to keep the lifter on the lobe all the time, you don't want the roller to lift off of the lobe or slide down the back side of the ramp

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 07:07 PM

Thank you for your response. The indy heads have the id locator machined into the head and they use a hardened washer on the bottom. Any ideas on what shims (height) i could use to increase open pressure about 100 pounds?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 07:57 PM

Quote:

Any ideas on what shims (height) i could use to increase open pressure about 100 pounds?

If you need another 100#s open pressure, you need different springs.
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 08:03 PM

Use this spring.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku

The std springs they sell are most likly for a hdy, or solid lifer cam. Unless you specified a solid roller when you ordered the heads then it would probabl;y came with the spring listed above.
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 08:06 PM

My Indy heads came with Comp springs.

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 08:43 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Indy Cylinder Head EZ 295 CC - 12/19/08 09:46 PM

Okay, got everything figured out. Appreciate everyones help.

Steve
© 2024 Moparts Forums