Moparts

Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock

Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/09/13 03:24 AM

Anybody have pictures of their cars at these now defunct Drag Strips in Ohio? Post them !
Posted By: moparman1954

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/09/13 10:02 PM

Went to Raven Rock a few times in the early 70's. Mostly went to Riverside in Proctorville Ohio and watched a friends dad run there. He ran a hemi Corvette then. Like to see some pictures from those strips too.
Posted By: max

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/10/13 06:33 AM

Here's one of Raven Rock on Face Book. https://www.facebook.com/groups/253035921482283/

Here is River Side on Face Book as well.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Riverside-Dragway-Memory-Page/292518272789

Two late family friends used to run at both of those tracks and my father ran at River Side quite a bit.

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/10/13 06:50 AM

I forgot about having this link, but here is some more photos from River Side and Clay City.

http://www.7879blueovalbronco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1641
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/10/13 07:45 PM

Those are some really good pictures-------------Any more?

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/11/13 04:23 AM

Unfortunately that is all I have at the moment. I have yet to see any photos of my dad's or late family friends cars.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/11/13 09:58 PM

My first race car at Riverside. Photo by Chapper. He took this before I knew him from MoParts.

Attached picture 7920483-Fritors.jpg

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/12/13 06:40 AM

Frito, my dad ran a black 62 Plymouth MW around that same time frame. I have photos of the car somewhere, if I ever run across them again I will post them,

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/12/13 02:18 PM

I remember the Neal brothers from Ohio having a couple of 62's. I think that's where my body went after an "engine malfunction" disposed of the motor. Chapper say's he thinks it was behind their garage for a while.

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/12/13 02:20 PM

Another one of my cars from Riverside. About 1980 or so.

Attached picture 7921310-Riversidefirstrace.jpg

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/12/13 10:29 PM

Quote:

I remember the Neal brothers from Ohio having a couple of 62's. I think that's where my body went after an "engine malfunction" disposed of the motor. Chapper say's he thinks it was behind their garage for a while.

That name doesn't ring a bell. Where are they located at?

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/12/13 10:40 PM

Dad quit racing when River Side went 1/8 mile which was somewhere around 1974. He never got all the bugs worked out of the car and sold it in 1978 to Pancakes auto salvage and they sold the car to a fellow in Cincinnati in 1979 or 1980.

Back in they late 1990's a fellow I know locally that also knows my dad was at the Mopar Nats vending and the guy from Cincinnati started talking to him and telling him about that 62 Plymouth and he still had the car but I was never able to get his name.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Drag City-Hyde Park Raceway-Pence-Raven Rock - 11/13/13 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That name doesn't ring a bell. Where are they located at?

They are/were from the Pomeroy/Middleport, Ohio area.
© 2024 Moparts Forums