Moparts

WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:04 AM

http://www.jegs.com/i/XS+Power/703/LR48/10002/-1
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:07 AM

Quote:

What more could you want, it comes with free shipping..
Posted By: dvw

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:14 AM

I think I'll order 2 for the race car, 2 for my street cars, and maybe 1 for my sons racecar.
Doug
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:16 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the future, no more lead acid batterys soon You can thank your wonderful inviormentalist activists for that BTW, that is the same technology Boeing is having all the trouble with keeping cool enough to not burst into flames on thier new Dreamliner
Time to stock up on new lead acid car batterys that are not full of acid yet

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:16 AM

I love retirement but I guess I could always go back to work again.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 01:45 AM

Guess I'll change my cars over to the old school Ford Model T type hand crank jobs. LOL.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 02:10 AM

If you think that's pricey, go to Braille Batteries and check out some of the $3000+ units.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 02:15 AM

Mine was cheap a little over 100 bucks a pound.Thankgod it only weighs 9lbs.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 02:15 AM

Super light weight. Super high tech.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 02:45 AM

Huh ... back in 1974 friends thought I was crazy because I paid $45. for a battery with "lifetime" warranty. Since I still own that car the warranty is still valid. I haven't had it in a running car since 1985 but every few years it just dies and I go and get a new one and they give me the latest technology. Another few years and they'll probably give me one of these on warranty !!!

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 02:55 AM

I did a switch from 16 volts no alternator (turbo start) to 12 volt no alternator(Diehard Platinum)in my Daytona when it was running 8.50's@159mph and it ran exactly the same. When the car comes back out again it will have an alternator as the Duster now has me spoiled.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 03:08 AM

I view this battery as a positive (PI) indication that battery technology IS advancing! It's really what we need, lighter, more efficient means of storing electricity.
An I'm no tree hugger...not by a long shot.

Price will come down, always does for electrical tech advancements.

A 40 pound battery for an internal combustion engine will be a thing of the past.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 04:18 AM

Quote:

Super light weight. Super high tech.

super light,super high tech,super high dollar!.there fixed it. lol!

Attached picture 7916146-Dodge330_LOW_RESC.jpg
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 04:26 AM

I can see it now, buy battery to lighten up the car then put 40 lbs of ballast in trunk to get car to work like it did before
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 06:25 PM

I will wait about a decade until I buy another Lithium battery since one destroyed my garage. Just look at the news for another Tesla that just burned to the ground, they DO NOT have the technology under control yet!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 06:31 PM

i cant wait to find out what all this lithium is going to do to the enviroment.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 06:39 PM

We have run the Lithium batteries for several years with no issues at all. We use the 9lb Pro-Lite battery

Monte
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 06:52 PM

These are Lithium Motorcycle and ATV batteries. Same applications people were getting the dry cells from.

It seems these batteries are sold under various resellers "labels". I don't know the true manufacturer.

Phantom Battery
Shorai Battery

$169: 18 Ah, 270 CCA, L = 5.83”, W = 2.28”, H = 3.50”, 2.31 lbs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/APP18L1-BS12-12V...=p2054897.l4275

$199: 5.5 lbs 12V 21Ah 315CCA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/APP21L6-BS12-12V...=p2054897.l4275

http://www.amazon.com/Shorai-Lithium-Batt-18Ah-LFX18A1-BS12/dp/B007GR5DXE/ref=pd_sbs_auto_1

LFX36L3-BS12, $270, 5.5 pounds, 7.7 x 5.7 x 8 inches, 18AH, read review that it's listed at 520 CCA, other review tested it at 1000 CCA on load tester: http://www.amazon.com/Shorai-LFX36L3-BS1...f=pd_sbs_auto_6

At the LA Roadster show a battery shop was selling these for car at around $200. He said they did fine for cars with no accessories.

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 07:02 PM

Quote:

If you think that's pricey, go to Braille Batteries and check out some of the $3000+ units.

Boy, some of the Braille batteries I saw at SEMA sure looked identical to the other ones on the market.

Braille did have some with Carbon Fiber cases.

I just have this funny feeling there is a lot of re-packaged re-stickered hype with this new marketed technology. I'm not sure, but it feels like you have the same products varying 2x to 3x the retail price through different brands. Wouldn't be the first time.
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 07:12 PM

Quote:

I can see it now, buy battery to lighten up the car then put 40 lbs of ballast in trunk to get car to work like it did before

Oh don't make it difficult. Just rescale the car! lol
Posted By: dartman366

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 07:34 PM

pretty good, they knocked $500.00 off the price. no thanks I will stick with my Interstate and spend the 1499. on other things.
Posted By: BobR

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 08:21 PM

Quote:

We have run the Lithium batteries for several years with no issues at all. We use the 9lb Pro-Lite battery

Monte

I was happy to pay the price for ours'. It saved 34 pounds over the one we had. That's cheap weight savings for a heads up deal. Not only that they charge in 20 minutes and the power is clean and they don't drop voltage as they discharge. A few here seem to get it. Many don't.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 09:49 PM

While it is true most of these "racing" battery companies may be sourcing their Lithium cells and even cases from the same place, that does NOT mean the batteries are the same inside. I have seen inside several. How they wire and link the cells is what makes a good or a bad one. Some of the cheaper ones basically have the cells linked with some small gauge wire soldered on the ends and just "thrown" in the case randomly.

Battery technology has come a long way. I have a friend who runs his twin turbo, big block, Outlaw radial car on a battery pack he made himself, with (4) RC helicopter battery packs. He linked (4) of those together and it weighs less than 4lbs. Just velcros the pack into the pass floor.

Monte

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 09:58 PM

Quote:

While it is true most of these "racing" battery companies may be sourcing their Lithium cells and even cases from the same place, that does NOT mean the batteries are the same inside. I have seen inside several. How they wire and link the cells is what makes a good or a bad one. Some of the cheaper ones basically have the cells linked with some small gauge wire soldered on the ends and just "thrown" in the case randomly.

Battery technology has come a long way. I have a friend who runs his twin turbo, big block, Outlaw radial car on a battery pack he made himself, with (4) RC helicopter battery packs. He linked (4) of those together and it weighs less than 4lbs. Just velcros the pack into the pass floor.

Monte

If these companies are using the same cases, they should be educating the customer their differences to the competitive brands. Some places don't market well.

I'd sure like to see confirmation which companies are making, assembling, or sub-assembling thier products. And prove how they are different from the competition.
Posted By: SSDart

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/08/13 11:11 PM

Quote:

My buddy has two of them in his car........ ouch.....

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/09/13 02:17 AM

I have a 21# Braille AGM 12v battery in my Dart that will be replaced over the winter with a 16v Lithium at 6.2#.

Between that savings of almost 15#, the 8# I'll save in the MT radial slick vs my current Hoosier QTP, the 18# in front tires vs my 8 ply MT Sportsmans, the 22# in 2 carbon fiber seats vs the aluminum seats, the 2# in the RJ lightweight steering wheel and the 20# of FAT I lost this year.....that's a tick under 85# and the net cost will be a wash, since what I will spend in the parts upgrades, I saved in junk food.
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/09/13 02:42 AM

If I put $5000 worth of lithium ions in my golf cart can I set the national record?

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/09/13 02:57 AM

I'm glad I don't race in the classes some of you guys do. I'm pretty happy running 8's, 9's, and 10's with my 200 dollar Sears Platinum battery. Heck it may even get my Daytona in the 7's next year if I'm lucky.

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/09/13 03:26 AM

Quote:

I'm glad I don't race in the classes some of you guys do. I'm pretty happy running 8's, 9's, and 10's with my 200 dollar Sears Platinum battery. Heck it may even get my Daytona in the 7's next year if I'm lucky.

I have "no class".....I'm just tryin' to get my N/A smallblock streetcar to feel quicker on the Rt.25 connector.
Posted By: lorenr

Re: WOW. Check out the price of this racing battery. - 11/09/13 04:08 AM

This is great technology and is here to stay. I will buy into it for sure but would like the price to come down a bit.

I suspect new car manufacturers will start installing them. Then watch the price drop.

© 2024 Moparts Forums