Moparts

NEW Drag Strip In CT

Posted By: davesmopars

NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/03/13 08:16 PM

New Drag Strip In CT
Hopefully this will go through. check it out

http://racedayct.com/2013/10/local-race-promoter-readying-plans-for-drag-racing-facility-in-windham/
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/03/13 08:21 PM

error 404 ??? Couldn`t read due to error but the thought of any new drapstrips being built is awesome.
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/03/13 08:39 PM

just fix the link
Posted By: MPerry

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/03/13 10:29 PM

Thats great if they can pull it off.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/03/13 11:58 PM

It would be quite an accomplishment if they could figure a way to open a dragstrip in the People's Republic of Connecticut.....a state overflowing with environmentalcase pinkos.

Both in and out of elected office.
Posted By: DodgeCharger

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 01:45 AM

Probably wont happen.
Posted By: Ray440

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 03:09 AM

I hope this happens, but I doubt it. Is this the same site that the Mohegan Sun wanted to build a drag strip on a while back? If they couldn't pull it off with their money I don't see how this guy will be able to.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 09:17 AM

These "investors" have tried for the last 10-15 years to get something going. Noise restrictions and every other law has always shutdown further pursuit due to the legal costs. Even Mohegan Sun called it a wash..
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 10:50 AM

Quote:

These "investors" have tried for the last 10-15 years to get something going.

Longer than that I can assure you.

Nice to hear someone is at least trying, as much as I'm old school and its "quarter mile or nothing" I'd support the effort and even attend an 1/8 mile facility.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 11:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

These "investors" have tried for the last 10-15 years to get something going.

Longer than that I can assure you.

Nice to hear someone is at least trying, as much as I'm old school and its "quarter mile or nothing" I'd support the effort and even attend an 1/8 mile facility.

Hmmm...I'm sure you're right...CT Dragway was pretty cool..got to see it in the 80's before she was sold to Consumer Reports.
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 12:14 PM

Quote:

Hmmm...I'm sure you're right...CT Dragway was pretty cool..got to see it in the 80's before she was sold to Consumer Reports.

Was involved a little in passing out fliers for the original "save our track" effort and watched the efforts of the owner of Port-a-tree? try to get a track going in the MA-CT-RI area. There was a lot of noise about a track going in at an old airstrip in RI but the "not in my backyard" crowed killed it dead. I think they even did a trip to Englishtown to show the town officials what a real track looked like.

Not sure about the Port-a-tree details, been a long time..
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 04:58 PM

Quote:

It would be quite an accomplishment if they could figure a way to open a dragstrip in the People's Republic of Connecticut.....a state overflowing with environmentalcase pinkos.

Both in and out of elected office.

The SUPER-weirdos from California who think the weather is too nice there move here.

Hopefully it goes through! Unfortunately it's just as far from me as Lebanon Valley.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 05:54 PM

Actually, Lebanon would be a little shorter for me. Plus it's 1/4 mile.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/04/13 09:31 PM

I really hope you guys get this facility. Conn dragway was a lot of fun.

Joey
Posted By: elmor353

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/05/13 04:21 AM

I grew up in Colchester, Ct back in the 60's. We lived on Rte. 16 about 1/2 a mile from the track entrance. Used to get my dad to take us every chance we could, but just being able to hear the cars from my front yard was awesome! Watching the racers haul their cars past my house is something I will never forget. Really hurt when they shut down in the 80's. I now live in Oregon and we have a 1/4 mile facility 15 miles away in Woodburn. Every July they host the Northwest Mopar Nationals. A great time for sure!
Posted By: Mulehead

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/29/13 07:39 PM

Go to HDRA.net for updates.On the web site donations would be appreciate
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: NEW Drag Strip In CT - 11/29/13 08:02 PM

they better name it martha stewart dragway,or it will never get past the snooty save the endangered pinecone crowd.....remember,pine cones have feelings too....
© 2024 Moparts Forums