Moparts

Proline race engines

Posted By: W8n2DustU

Proline race engines - 12/18/08 10:52 PM

Anyone here ever deal with Proline race engines? I was thinking of contacting them to build the 358 in. W-8 Procharger motor for the Duster. Was wondering if they were good to deal with.
Posted By: The Avg. Valiant

Re: Proline race engines - 12/18/08 11:13 PM

I think ive seen them at some of the NMCA stuff, their turbo stuff is out of this world.
Posted By: Gumbydammit

Re: Proline race engines - 12/18/08 11:20 PM

Steve Petty ( Pro Line )is as good as they come. That being said, there are others also. Steve Morris has recently moved on from Morris Racing Engines ( I've heard) to open a smaller shop to do engines that he is interested in. I personally would track Steve down and talk to him. his stuff always seems to make great power with reliability. Nelson competition (in FL ?) is a good choice too. I don't know anyone in TX, but I'm sure there are a few.
Posted By: The Avg. Valiant

Re: Proline race engines - 12/18/08 11:33 PM

Heffners Performance is another option as well?
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Proline race engines - 12/18/08 11:37 PM

Most of the turbo motors down at Orlando Street Nationals were ProLine's.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Proline race engines - 12/18/08 11:59 PM

Any quality builder can do you a good job for what you desire. What you get when you go with Petty (ProLine) is his tuning help. He has gotten so popular, that he no longer helps anyone who does not have a ProLine motor. As far as I am concerned Steve Petty and Alan Dudley are two of the best turbo/pro-charger tuners in the country. Alan will help about anybody, but to get Steve, you will need to let them do the motor.

Monte
© 2024 Moparts Forums