Moparts

Hemi Head Viper V-10

Posted By: TrWaters

Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 05:40 PM

Here are a couple quick pictures of my buddy's latest project.

Attached picture 7903628-viperhemi1.jpg

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 05:41 PM

Another.

Attached picture 7903631-Viperhemi2.jpg
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 05:50 PM

not even sure I want to know what that build costs!

custom CNC heads I take it? viper 8.3L aluminum block? any work done to the block for the intake pushrods?

estimated power output with the blower on there?
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 05:58 PM

cool, Have you seen the V12 Checy LS motor?

do a google search on it, very cool as well.

I'd be temped on a Viper to do a W8 based V10 head rather than a hemi
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 08:28 PM

The exhaust ports look like a Gen III Hemi
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 08:45 PM

Quote:

custom CNC heads I take it? viper 8.3L aluminum block? any work done to the block for the intake pushrods?

They appear cast like the valve cover.

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 10:27 PM

The heads are cast, and loosely based on a 5.7 head. He does all his own design and pattern making, as well as machining. The way the rockers ended up, he had a custom cam ground which reversed the position of the intake and exhaust lobes.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 10:54 PM

So how many CI is it ?
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/28/13 11:27 PM

Quote:

cool, Have you seen the V12 Checy LS motor?

do a google search on it, very cool as well.

I dont think it ever ran though. There were some major flaws with it. I believe it came apart during dyno tuning.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 02:52 AM

Quote:

The heads are cast, and loosely based on a 5.7 head. He does all his own design and pattern making, as well as machining. The way the rockers ended up, he had a custom cam ground which reversed the position of the intake and exhaust lobes.

Why would he need to reverse the position of the exhaust and intake lobe? Wouldn't that mean it would draw through the exhaust ports and out the intake? What kind of flow did be get out of those heads?
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 04:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why would he need to reverse the position of the exhaust and intake lobe? Wouldn't that mean it would draw through the exhaust ports and out the intake? What kind of flow did be get out of those heads?

from quote "the way the rockers ended up" makes me think the rockers arrangements to convert to a hemi had them wound up on the opposite valves
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 05:06 AM

cool stuff

he should make 6.1 hemi blocks
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 02:27 PM

I wonder what it would sound like with zoomies on nitro.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 03:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

from quote "the way the rockers ended up" makes me think the rockers arrangements to convert to a hemi had them wound up on the opposite valves

Yeah sounds like the original Gen II Hemis, the cam lobes are not in the same positions as a wedge
Posted By: MattW

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/29/13 11:45 PM

Quote:

cool stuff

he should make 6.1 hemi blocks

My way of thinking too. Something that could take a 4.185 bore with lots of meat left.
It would be nice if Fiat would sell a 6.4 bare block. It would be nice if it was at the same price the 6.1 bare block was selling at. I am really pissed at myself for not purchsing a new 6.1 block when they were going for 1300.00
HEY FIAT GIVE US SOME HELP PLEASE.
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/30/13 05:46 PM

I'm on the hunt for a back up block. The joys of being able to do a shortblock swap when I get bored of my stock 6.1 are quite a dream.

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/30/13 09:21 PM

I am pretty sure he is not interested in casting any blocks. At least not car blocks.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/31/13 05:13 AM

Tom, pretty cool. Thanks for posting pics. Where did he end up mounting the coilpacs? Cool stuff for sure.

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/31/13 01:45 PM

I think I saw them under the intake.
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 10/31/13 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They appear cast like the valve cover.

Machined surfaces hit with a sand blaster can give you the same appearance.

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 11/24/13 05:14 PM

Just an update. I heard this engine run yesterday. Unreal.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Hemi Head Viper V-10 - 11/24/13 07:05 PM

What, and no video?!
© 2024 Moparts Forums