Moparts

cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil

Posted By: dodgeram1998

cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/13/13 11:21 PM

Inspected all plugs and #'s 1 3 6 are not right ,engine was running smokeless before head change out and never consumed oil in cylinder , I don't know why exactly yet, hoping to change the valve seals and cure this problem .

On startup after driving around a few minutes, a big puff of smoke.
She smokes a little idling also,
The a/f is good using a wideband on e*85

Attached picture 7886367-sootyplugon136.JPG
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 12:38 AM

Has to be guilds or seals. that is all you changed

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 12:58 AM

I installed another set of heads. I am not sure what the problem is yet, it seems the easiest process of elimination of what the problem really is will be to change out the seals, then go from there?

That looks like oil to me on the plugs. I just realized the date is wrong on the camera settings LOL

I want to fix the oil control and make some runs. LOL we will see?

Attached picture 7886478-joliet120.jpg
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 01:02 AM

sucking oil from the intake gasket??

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 01:16 AM

big block I don't think its possible to suck from the gasket.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 04:37 AM

Quote:

big block I don't think its possible to suck from the gasket.

What Only if you are using a valley cover with no connection to the lifter valley I've had many BB suck oil into the bottom of the intake ports, many, many, many, Pull the carb. and take a good bright light and look down into the intake manifold and ports, if it shines you have oil in there

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 04:42 AM

I couldnt see it sucking oil with a indy valley plate ? I will take a look further?
Thanks for letting me know its possible with a bathtub type valley pan I think you are referring to
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: cylinder 1 3 6 burning oil - 10/14/13 04:52 AM

Quote:

I couldnt see it sucking oil with a indy valley plate ? I will take a look further?
Thanks for letting me know its possible with a bathtub type valley pan I think you are referring to

Your correct on the stock valley pans, they can suck oil big time, epspecially when your assembling blue printed new parts without checking the intake to head alignment and fit I now check all of them (intake to heads)regardless of which parts I'm using
© 2024 Moparts Forums