Moparts

Vacuum Pump Question

Posted By: 451Guy

Vacuum Pump Question - 10/11/13 11:35 PM

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about putting a vacuum pump on my 512 race motor. It is currently not set up perfectly for a pump but I will change that on the next freshen. Looking for suggestions with regards to who's to use, how many viens, drive system, Mounting location etc. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/11/13 11:39 PM

Only one I would recommend is the Star Machine Vacuum pump with filter.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/11/13 11:56 PM

I bought a Moroso three vane pump for my next all out race motor, the Moroso 4 vane are supposidly better for a larger C.I. race motor(above 550 C.I.) Stars are good also Stay away from the cheaper ones like Aerospace
Posted By: dvw

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/12/13 03:48 AM

If you research it the GZ pulls as much vacuum as you'll ever need for a fair price. Mounts easily with their kit . Pull from the front of the rocker cover. Pulls very little oil. I might empty 2oz every 10-15 passes.
Doug

Attached picture 7884732-E21.jpg
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/12/13 06:51 PM

Quote:

If you research it the GZ pulls as much vacuum as you'll ever need for a fair price. Mounts easily with their kit . Pull from the front of the rocker cover. Pulls very little oil. I might empty 2oz every 10-15 passes.
Doug

I like that hose. You can see oil. Is that in their kit? How much for hose and fittings? Thanks, Don

Attached picture 7885176-wheelsup5-1-11.jpg

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/12/13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

It all came with the kit. Or you buy parts separate. Summit carries the fittings also.
http://www.gzmotorsports.com
Doug
Posted By: Jamie McGrath

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/12/13 11:12 PM

Quote:

Doug

Doug, it looks real clean and I bet it run's like the scalded cat, but you forgot a valve cover nut on the front.

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/13/13 12:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Doug, it looks real clean and I bet it run's like the scalded cat, but you forgot a valve cover nut on the front.

There's one there now. I've checked the lash 6 times in 100 passes. ET is a work in progress. 9.25@146.6, 3340 lbs
Doug
Posted By: Diablo

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 10/13/13 12:51 AM

I'll give a shoot up for the GZ pumps. Great pumps for a great price. I used their super pump pro on both our 650ci b1-TS engines. That one might be overkill for your engine but one of their other pumps will do the job!

Star's are great but overkill for what you have and a price you don't want to pay.

Doug
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Vacuum Pump Question - 11/09/13 05:10 PM

do they offer a mandrel that bolts to an ATI sb mopar damper? i'm going same route as you with v pump.
© 2024 Moparts Forums