Moparts

Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now *DELETED*

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now *DELETED* - 12/16/08 06:39 PM

Post deleted by ScottSmith_Harms
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 07:24 PM

Who is restoring the car?Is this the car that Jim Drain had?

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 07:44 PM

Jim Drain is restoring it and still owns it, I am helping him do the site. He's also restoring the last known RO23J7 Belvedere known to be built.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 10:57 PM

Quote:

Jim Drain is restoring it and still owns it, I am helping him do the site. He's also restoring the last known RO23J7 Belvedere known to be built.

Whew!!I didn't think he would have sold it.
Posted By: DV8

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 11:24 PM

Here's Dave LeClaires '67 RO23. He's had it for years & always races it. Definetly my favorite & a cool guy too...

Steve

Attached picture 4883385-IMG_2309.JPG
Posted By: DV8

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 11:25 PM

The boiler room...

~S~

Attached picture 4883388-IMG_2308.JPG
Posted By: 1OFNONE

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 11:29 PM

I have already covered all of my bases and was able to get around ten photos of that car for him that he did not have before. Including the photo you have posted.
Who was the last RO built campaigned by? If you can get me some owners and or car names I will look through my RO/WO collection.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/16/08 11:37 PM

Quote:

Here's Dave LeClaires '67 RO23. He's had it for years & always races it. Definetly my favorite & a cool guy too...

Steve

Beauty car. I also agree he'scool. Can't wait to meet him. One thing about the engine, it kind of looks a little different now with some really cool Firecore50 wires in it. Hey Dave, how about some new pics !! ..

I'll get ahold of the owners of her Hurst Barracuda. Too bad she wouldn't come to the reunion.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 12:17 AM

OneOfNone.

Yes, Jim gave me those pics (I'd kill for originals, most have been copied a bunch of times). He also said that Judy gave a package of pics she dug up to a friend of Jims, Paul Webber, in Florida but he has yet to deliver them to Jim I guess Paul recently restored the Stahl 67 Hemi WO Coronet race car.

The owner history of the RO car is still a bit of an unknown, I'm trying to get more info on it now. It's been off track for at least 20 years, probably allot longer. It was never tubbed, just had the tubs beat out and stretched a bit.

Cool pics so far, keep them comming!

Thank you!
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 01:33 AM

The later years.

Attached picture 4883681-MMW_016_sized.jpg

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 01:46 AM

That's a cool truck, what's the scoop? Did she ever run it in a real race?
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 05:16 AM

Judy's former husband, Dennis Maurer, lives in Tempe, AZ and owns Maurer's Performance. Maybe if you contact him he can help.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 05:26 AM

Yes, Dennis is in the loop Maurers Shop
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 05:42 AM

There used to be a site of many JL photos and stories but I cannot find it now. It was coloradoracingmemories.com

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 05:54 AM

Yea I think that site is MIA, but I did save the pics from it so I think that's covered, not many pics there really but a few keepers.
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 06:20 AM

Yep lost my vote, nosho at reunion unless $$$?
whats with that or did i hear wrong.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 07:23 AM

You guys need to understand something about MANY of the drag racers back in the day, not many of them ended up rich. Judy gets allot of invitations to attend many Mopar events around the country, and from what she tells me she enjoys attending every one of them she can afford to (time & money). However, I don't blame her for not attending if someone else isn't at least footing the bill for her expenses, she has other hobbies (horses) and a life that doesn't include the car hobby. Give the lady a break guys and try to keep this effort positive please.
Posted By: camdog440

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 03:28 PM

Quote:

There used to be a site of many JL photos and stories but I cannot find it now. It was coloradoracingmemories.com

some of that site is recoverable thru archive.org

Try this link and give it a little time to load...

http://web.archive.org/web/20051103041656/www.coloradoracingmemories.com/crm_lilly_judy/crmlilly.htm

Archive.org is a neat site where you can go and input an expired web site address and it will pull up archives of the site... most of the time it works.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 04:46 PM

Thanks Camdog,

Yea that's the site I saved. I will be posting some/most of that info. and crediting the author on my site even though the CRM site is basically MIA.

Thanks anyway!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 06:04 PM

Judy was at the Southern Muscle Car Nationals in Albuquerque earlier this year and was great to talk to! She said the 68 SS/AA Barracuda was her favorite car of all time! I will see if I can dig up any old photo's too.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 07:09 PM

Funny Lilly story

I was talking to some old Div V racers and they said that there was a match race between Dennis and Judy 1957 Chevys. The keys were layed on each cars front fender at the starting line. They had to run up grab the keys, run back get in the car start it and make a banzai pass.
Go ! They run up grab the keys, back in the car fire them up, Judy is in the lead. She fires up the '57 pushes in the clutch grabs the shifter, all the way to the left and up, woods the throttle and side steps the clutch. On a '57 3spd car all the way to the left and up is reverse. OOOPS !!! Can you say , Homemade rear diff relocation kit?

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/17/08 07:32 PM

WOW! That must have made a gut wrenching noise!

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/19/08 11:54 PM

You will need to ask her the specifics. I am sure her version will be funnier.

My friend whom told me this story about his older brother whom is a very quiet reserved person. He was leaning over the fender of his Camero and Judy came up behind him and wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug. His brother said he changed a thousand different shades of red. Turned and walked away. His brother still wont talk about it.

Re: Judy Lilly - Need Nostalgia Pics And Stories 1967-Now - 12/20/08 12:01 AM

Quote:

You will need to ask her the specifics. I am sure her version will be funnier.

I did, and it was......

She actually jammed it BETWEEN 1st and reverse before letting the clutch out. Same results though. She said Dennis was stronger than her and he could get the thing into gear without any trouble, but she failed because the linkage was sloppy/bent or something.
© 2024 Moparts Forums