Moparts

factory crossram ??

Posted By: Stanton

factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 02:45 AM

were all big block factory crossrams "max wedge" or were there standard port versions as well?
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 02:49 AM

Yes, they were all "Max Wedge" port, no "standard port" intakes were ever made...
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 02:53 AM

A&A makes a 1964 replica with std. Ports.

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 04:06 AM

Guess ya missed the "factory" part, huh !?!?!

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 04:15 AM

Quote:

No I saw it, I was just trying to be helpful and passing some information that possibly you didn't know. But rest assured it will not happen again.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 07:31 AM

Quote:

were all big block factory crossrams "max wedge" or were there standard port versions as well?

The original long cross ram intakes where small 413 port size, all the short one piece cross rams,AKA Max Wedge cross rams, where the M.W. port size starting in 1962

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No I saw it, I was just trying to be helpful and passing some information that possibly you didn't know. But rest assured it will not happen again.

My apologies ... had a REALLY bad day !!

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 02:53 PM

Thanks. Water under the bridge. Hope today turns out better for you.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: factory crossram ?? - 10/02/13 06:57 PM

I debate weather to bring this up but years ago there was a guy named Joe Pitcavish from Natrona Heights Pa.Joe ran modified dirt coupes and other figure8 and circle cars back in the 50s.60s and 70s.A noted driver named Blackie Watt drove for him.
Around the late 80s early 90s I bought out Joe's shop.Among all the race wedge/hemi parts were 2 X-Rams casting dated 1960 the ports were smaller than maxwedge but slightly larger than stock.Joe said they came on some engines he had bought from some boys down south.One engine was a 350 wedge and the other was 361 or 383 wedge,both hi-deck engines.I sold both these manifolds along with a 1964 cast hemi block in the crate to Dave and/or Chip Gerst who were at the time buying cars and parts for Reggie Jackson's collection.Years ago I talked to Arlyn Vanke about those manifolds and he said that he had one in his attic at the shop.

Does anyone have any furthur info on these manifolds?
© 2024 Moparts Forums