Moparts

No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN!

Posted By: Dragula

No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 03:58 PM

Tell me the rumor isn't true. Heard WP & Chrysler got into a tift, and everything is done....No more production on Hemi blocks!

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:00 PM

Defening,.... the sound of crickets....darn wedge guys don't care about us Hemi people...

Where is Zippy when you need him...
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:02 PM

Quote:

Defening the sound of crickets....darn wedge guys don't care about us Hemi people...

aluminum..........

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Defening the sound of crickets....darn wedge guys don't care about us Hemi people...

aluminum..........

Actually, they stopped making both at WP's from what I hear..

So now you only have two sources, and both are aluminum...Maybe somebody will want my short block bad enough I can go aluminum...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:12 PM

That sucks, but hopefully if someone starts making an iron hemi block again, they won't make it weigh as much as the car this time. I'm building another hemi from a World block and holy crap is this thing HEAVY. I had .250" bored out of it to save weight. Nice piece other than the weight.

KB and Indy still have aluminum Hemi blocks so all is not lost...just a little harder to acquire.
Posted By: go green

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:18 PM

KB and Indy still have aluminum Hemi blocks so all is not lost...just a little harder to acquire.

So your options are

1- Wait 10 months to get a block from KB
2- Get a block made from 1980's recycled lawn chairs from Indy .

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:20 PM

What about the Koleno blocks? Are they making a hemi? They have a picture of one on their website.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:37 PM

Quote:

What about the Koleno blocks? Are they making a hemi? They have a picture of one on their website.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 10:50 PM

What about the guys from Tennessee I believe it is. The guy that bought the black pro mod dart was dealing with them. Pretty sure they do iron and aluminum. Pictures looked good.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 11:04 PM

These Guys?

http://www.hpperformancellc.com/
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 11:16 PM

Yes sir that is them. Thanks
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 11:24 PM

Quote:

That sucks, but hopefully if someone starts making an iron hemi block again, they won't make it weigh as much as the car this time. I'm building another hemi from a World block and holy crap is this thing HEAVY. I had .250" bored out of it to save weight. Nice piece other than the weight.

what is the weight of the world hemi black, at what bore"

thansk joel
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/25/13 11:36 PM

Joel

You thinking of making a comeback?

Attached picture 7865681-badblack.jpg
Posted By: dOoC

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 12:05 AM

Quote:

So your options are

1- Wait 10 months to get a block from KB
2- Get a block made from 1980's recycled lawn chairs from Indy .

YOgreen ... lawn chairs huh ? .. .. btw did they ever get those blocks sturdy nuff not to move around ?
Posted By: Defbob

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 12:12 AM

Quote:

What about the guys from Tennessee I believe it is. The guy that bought the black pro mod dart was dealing with them. Pretty sure they do iron and aluminum. Pictures looked good.

I have no idea what you're talking about

Attached picture 7865721-Hemi1.JPG

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 12:28 AM

David will make you a block in cast iron if you ask him to. He finally has everything ready for production running. Aluminum blocks will be kept on hand and iron blocks as ordered.

Attached picture 7865737-Hemi2.JPG

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 12:28 AM

The iron block looks the same minus the sleeves.

Attached picture 7865740-Hemi3.JPG
Posted By: go green

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 02:39 AM

That looks really nice , good to see new venders on the scene .
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 02:51 AM

It would have been nice to see those blocks before I bought mine, at $3200 for an aluminum block I would have bought it. The valve covers they have for $279 look pretty nice. Has anyone tried those valve covers?
Posted By: blowndart

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 12:50 PM

Quote:

It would have been nice to see those blocks before I bought mine, at $3200 for an aluminum block I would have bought it. The valve covers they have for $279 look pretty nice. Has anyone tried those valve covers?

$3200 is for an iron block. The aluminum ones are $5K.

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 01:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what is the weight of the world hemi black, at what bore"

thansk joel

Joel, I have not weighed the one I have, but would bet it's 300 lbs. or better bare. It was 4.25" bore when I got it, 4.5" now. Lost a decent chunk of weight right there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 01:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

$3200 is for an iron block. The aluminum ones are $5K.

I see that now....damn. I see the pricing on the valve covers as well, the ones on the page cover are $699.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 02:57 PM

If I remember right, Mopar is working directly with the same foundary world was using, Now how far they are backordered might be another story

Re: No More Hemi Blocks......AGAIN! - 09/26/13 05:00 PM

Quote:

If I remember right, Mopar is working directly with the same foundary world was using, Now how far they are backordered might be another story

That is why we need Zippy...He should have some insight...Is the whole thing done and gone, or will they resurect it and carry on...
© 2024 Moparts Forums