Moparts

results of scaling my car

Posted By: 540CUDA

results of scaling my car - 09/24/13 12:43 AM

Finally scaled the car and squared up the chassis with my new alignment equipment. The car never went more than 8" or so off the ground and seemed to unload the tires very quickly after the launch. Now its a couple of feet up and carries them out 20 feet or so. Nice surprise for very little adjustment (in my opinion)

Attached picture 7863351-NAPADRAGS.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: results of scaling my car - 09/24/13 12:51 AM

It is magic when both tires are working together..
glad you have it squared away
Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Re: results of scaling my car - 09/24/13 02:44 PM

What were your final quarter weights and pre-load if any? What was it before ? Do you know what fixed it?
Thanks Mike
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: results of scaling my car - 09/24/13 05:16 PM

Yep, scaling a car pays off. Every time we have scaled buddies cars the first pass has been a record best pass for numerous drivers & cars.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: results of scaling my car - 09/24/13 05:27 PM

I love that Cuda!
Posted By: 540CUDA

Re: results of scaling my car - 09/25/13 01:18 AM

I dont have the corner weights in front of me but I know it was 57.28% front and 42.72% rear distribution. Front was about 100# heavy on the drivers side with me in it, race ready. And exactly 55lbs more on the right rear. Also went from 7.5psi to 6.25psi and two clicks stiffer on the QA1's. After reviewing the video I can see the rear does a little bounce after the front is done rising and then the car gently back down. Seems to me like the shocks are being fully extended.
I havent really had time to get back under and check.
Thanks for the kind words
© 2024 Moparts Forums