Moparts

waking the duster up after 3 years down time

Posted By: dmking

waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 03:39 AM

well this weekend i am going to get it started and heated up. maybe next week i can go to cecil md or maple or numidia pa.
it is a 440 with a stock stroke crank. old indy heads and a 262/265 630 solid. dominator carb.
it would be kool to see 10 teens or 10 Os
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 03:47 AM

Pictures?
Posted By: deaks

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 08:25 AM

That's good times for a stock stroke, what does it weigh ?
Last week I took my car out for the first time this year but didn't get a full run due to the fuel pump taking a dump. It was pb weather as well.
Mick
Posted By: kingdust

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 04:50 PM

Mine has been sleeping for 4 years, it will. Awaken next year. Good luck buddy.
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 08:12 PM

mines been asleep longer than that. I'm going to pull the intake to get to the roller lifters. I afraid they'll be dry. Any other suggestions will be welcome. I will replace all the fuel lines and the new fuel pump with about 15 passes will need help also.
Posted By: 383man

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/21/13 08:19 PM

Bring it to Cecil this Wednsday night as I plan to go then. Ron
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/22/13 03:12 AM

Quote:

mines been asleep longer than that. I'm going to pull the intake to get to the roller lifters. I afraid they'll be dry. Any other suggestions will be welcome. I will replace all the fuel lines and the new fuel pump with about 15 passes will need help also.

I would fill it with oil and it will all run down to the lifters, hit with a pre oiler and then light it off.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/22/13 04:39 AM

After the angry sounds that came from under my car last night when we launched it on the big gun it may be time for it to take a nap...... ahh who am I kidding I'm not that smart

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/23/13 03:33 AM

started it today. it sounds good. but coolant out of the freeze plug at starter. with hard block in it it is not comming out. got some black stuff to put in to seal it from a friend.

does cecil prep the track on a wednesday night? i know no fast cars for friday night. i may be pushing it to go friday to numidia.

the idle is different from the cam being retarded 2 deg. i was not expecting that.
it ran 10.70s at 104 ran 10.20s at 108 and now it is at 110 so here goes try for best numbers. the day it split it ran a 10.27@ 131.75 with a 1.55 60ft stumble then it split the block next pass on a 1.48 60ft. that should of been in the teens. all same parts except a better stock stroke crank than the 40 year old stocker. well and a different block......

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/23/13 03:37 AM

here is a picture if it works

Attached picture 7862290-dustergettenair.JPG
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/23/13 09:55 PM

Nice car
Posted By: kingdust

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/24/13 12:42 AM

sorry to here that, I have a friend that's getting rid of all his BB stuff including a 70 440HP block if your interested.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/24/13 01:14 AM

Quote:

assuming everything else is ok i wouldn't bother doing that. just take some time and do a good priming job. hope the engine was put up properly though.

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/03/14 10:51 PM

well my report is at 3120lb with me in it it went a best of 10.100 at maple grove in about 65degf and a killer 90 humidity.
i upped the timing and it seems the flash went up higher but i would not say it made a et difference.
Posted By: Street Monkies

Re: waking the duster up after 3 years down time - 09/03/14 11:11 PM

That's nothing to be ashamed of. Thanks for the update !
© 2024 Moparts Forums