Moparts

Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit )

Posted By: 426lloyd

Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/19/13 10:52 PM

does anyone have barrie poole car pics. thanks
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 03:55 AM

The old Muscle Car Review mags use to have lots of action pics of his racing.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:10 AM

Quote:

Wasn't Barry Poole a Ford factory racer from Canada, correct If so are you trying to expose the closet Ford freaks on here
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wasn't Barry Poole a Ford factory racer from Canada, correct If so are you trying to expose the closet Ford freaks on here

LMAO...
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:44 AM

Poole lives in Chatham, Ontario, Canada. He drag raced a 1970 Mustang a couple of years ago and I think he runs another Ford at present but likely still has the Mustang. Poole was one the best Drag Racers to come from Canada, he drove for Sandy Elliot in the olds day. Google Sandy Elliot and you will likely see Barry Pooles name on the window on one of the Mustangs.
Posted By: racealittle

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:55 AM

A fellow by the name of Ivan owns the Comet now. He lives on Walker Rd. in Windsor Ontario. He has an extensive collection of memorabilia about the car and others. He has a room in his house that is a library full of nostalgia information.

Yes I have several pictures of the Comet from when Ivan ran the car at the Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racer gathering that was held at Grand Bend a few years ago.

Attached picture 7859054-ONDR004.jpg
Posted By: racealittle

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 05:00 AM

I have also seen the Pinto or Bobcat car a few times; no pictures though.

I have another one of the Comet.

Attached picture 7859056-ONDR007.jpg
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 05:21 AM

Barry ran a 68.5 cobra jet mustang in nmca top stock In the 90's. My wife and I used to go th the nmca finals every year. Barry would tow down from Canada in his single cab f250 with a open pit 16' trailer. Slide his craftsmen tool box back on the tail gate and wipe the grin off of the other top stock competitors including the Chapmin A12 bee from Georgia. You had to give the guy credit. He was racing people with a lot deeper pockets and still kicking butt. Sorry I don't have any pictures.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 06:48 AM

Quote:

how old of pics? i have some of the Cougar he ran in the early days of the NMCA & maybe of the Mustang he ran in the early 90s.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 12:44 PM

Quote:

Barry ran a 68.5 cobra jet mustang in nmca top stock In the 90's. My wife and I used to go th the nmca finals every year. Barry would tow down from Canada in his single cab f250 with a open pit 16' trailer. Slide his craftsmen tool box back on the tail gate and wipe the grin off of the other top stock competitors including the Chapmin A12 bee from Georgia. You had to give the guy credit. He was racing people with a lot deeper pockets and still kicking butt. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

I used to LOVE reading about those races...
Posted By: mustanggtr

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 03:43 PM

pics from the past

Attached picture 7859328-barriepoolepinto.jpg

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 03:48 PM

more

Attached picture 7859333-BarryPoole.jpg

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I used to LOVE reading about those races...

I really enjoyed the finals every year. Good times for sure. I could not attend all the races but like you I kept up with races and went to the finals every year.

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:05 PM

last one

Attached picture 7859349-BarriePoole-CHYRRadio.JPG

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 04:31 PM

Big Squeeze another detail you may or may not know it that Barry's mustang was a stick and he could flat bang those gears.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/20/13 06:15 PM

I remember the name because he won the 1968 Indy Nationals in SS in a 4 speed 1968 Mustang 428, I think
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/21/13 12:13 AM

Quote:

Big Squeeze another detail you may or may not know it that Barry's mustang was a stick and he could flat bang those gears.

Yeah, I'd known that...I kept up on that class back then....saw Jim Mino's and Kevin Chapman's name a bunch too...Kevin's Bee running mid to low 12's back then was a BIG deal...

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/21/13 07:47 PM

dug throw some old vids ... i know i have some of the Cougar he ran in NMCA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45b_fOejXkk&feature=youtu.be

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/21/13 08:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88dh29YsKVA&feature=youtu.be

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/22/13 12:14 AM

Chapman's Super Bee at Milan 92 NMCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0sHm2mHPM&list=UUxhGycX7uGyNsbJVc1euNPQ

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/22/13 01:42 AM

Brings back memories. Thanks
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Barrie Poole ( Border City Bandit ) - 09/22/13 05:39 AM

There were plenty of Canadians that crossed the boarder and terrorized NHRA. John Petrie Chrysler, Barrie Poole Ford, Ollie Stephen Chevrolet. All three lived quite close to me. Back in the Mid 1970s I went to Stephens shop with a Chevy friend that needed some BB Chevy Parts and was shocked at the amount of Cylinder Heads, Blocks, Rods, Cranks, Ollie Stephen had. I am talking Skids of rods and heads and cranks. Stephen I believe was backed by GM Canada and raced a 1971 454 Corvette. He could of bought the car around 1973, and I believe he still runs the Corvette in SS-CA today. Petrie is the only one that is not in the game anymore out of those three.
© 2024 Moparts Forums