Moparts

PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park

Posted By: Steve1118

PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 08:24 PM

Sept 28-29.....should be a good time. I'm feeling somewhat better and should be able to run there....looking forward to it. I've missed everything else this year....Separate eliminator both days.

Bud's Auto Sales Nostalgia SS rules...

PITTSBURGH REUNION 2013 NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK RULES

1. FULL SIZE SEDANS AND STATION WAGONS PRODUCED FROM 1960-1972. CAR MUST HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE WITH TWO FOUR BARREL BIG BLOCK ENGINES AS A FACTORY OPTION. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AS A FACTORY SUPER STOCK PACKAGE….68 HEMI DARTS & CUDAS; 68 428 CJ PACKAGE MUSTANGS, 69 AMX SS PACKAGE CARS. CARS MUST APPEAR PERIOD CORRECT, NO CHASSIS CARS, NO RADIUSED WHEEL OPENINGS. CARS MUST APPEAR AS THEY WOULD HAVE BACK IN THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ALTERED WHEELBASE CLONES THAT APPEAR AS THEY DID IN THE MID SIXTIES. NO CAMAROS, DUSTERS, OR ANY CAR THAT WAS NOT FACTORY AVAILABLE WITH A BIG BLOCK, TWO FOUR BARRELL ENGINE....

2. BIG BLOCKS ONLY, NO SMALL BLOCKS. NO ELECTRONICS OR DRIVER AIDS OF ANY TYPE, EXCEPTION WILL BE TWO STEPS FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION EQUIPPED CARS. SINGLE FOUR BARREL OR TWO FOUR BARRELL OK, ALTHOUGH TWO FOUR BARREL MUST HAVE BEEN OPTIONAL.

3. PERIOD CORRECT HOOD SCOOPS ONLY, NO PRO STOCK, LUMP, OR SNORKEL STYLE SCOOPS. CAR SHOULD HAVE SOME LETTERING OR PERIOD CORRECT DECALS DISPLAYED IN PROMINENT PLACES. CAR MUST HAVE FINISHED INTERIOR, INCLUDING PASSENGER SEAT. ALL CARS MUST REPRESENT THE TIME PERIOD IN WHICH THEY RACED. NO “MODERNIZED” OR “RESTIFIED” VEHICLES.

4. CARS WILL RUN OFF A DIAL THAT MUST END IN A FIVE OR ZER0. WILL USE A .4 FULL TREE. 12.50 IS THE SLOWEST DIAL PERMITTED.

5. ALL CARS MUST PASS COMPLETE IHRA SAFETY RULES AS REQUIRED

ENTRY........................$35.00
Payouts
WINNER....................$600.00
RUNNER UP..............$200.00
SEMI..........................$75.00

In addition, an extra $100 bucks to the winner if they have a Chrysler Power plate on the front, regardless of make.

This is a fun deal that came together at the last minute. There is a Tri State Stock / SS deal going on the same day, but that is an entirely different program. They do allow NSS to run, but I don't know the criteria...the entry and payout is different, also.

www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

Attached picture 7855839-PRPKeystone2013Reunion.jpg
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 08:29 PM

We'll be there for the Tri State Stock/Super Stock deal. Looks to be a fun weekend.

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 08:30 PM

There is also a facebook page, primarily for the NSS part, but all comments are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1411971915685672/
Posted By: 71nonRT340shaker

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 09:37 PM

Any idea how the weekend will be set up? Asking purely as a spectator we will be at BSD Saturday for the Jalopy Showdown, but could head out there Sunday if it's a full day race, thanks TC.

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 09:39 PM

They are both full race days...

the flyer with the schedule is on Pittsburgh Raceway's web site...

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/Nostalgia%20FLYER7.pdf
Posted By: goldenlancer

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 11:14 PM

I'll be there
Posted By: Jeff_383

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/17/13 11:33 PM

I'm trying to find rules for the NSS race. Can I run a single Holley on a wedge? I would like to try my first stab at racing up there Sat. in NSS, but don't have an AFB type carb. Sorry to say I don't have any stickers on my car, except for one little PID sticker on the window.

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 12:50 AM

Rules are in the first post, Jeff. You should be OK, carbwise. The decals are strongly encouraged, but not a must.
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 02:28 AM

I'll be there both days running with the UMTR guys and on Sunday I'm also entering the "OLD FART" race for anyone over 60 years old.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 03:29 AM

Quote:

I'll be there both days running with the UMTR guys and on Sunday I'm also entering the "OLD FART" race for anyone over 60 years old.

I should be done licking my wounds by then and plan on being there racing UMTR/ProStick for 2 days.

So, you have to be over 60 to be an old fart? Can you be just a few months over sixty to run with you old farts?????

Toasted the truck transmission on the way back from Norwalk. (should have gotten a manual) but should be ready to go by then.

It is a great event and I like the track
Posted By: 11secaarcuda

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 09:12 PM

Awesome race last year, now 2 days this year. I will definitely be there spectating on Saturday.
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 09:37 PM

Quote:

So, you have to be over 60 to be an old fart? Can you be just a few months over sixty to run with you old farts?????

You qualify

Quote:

Awesome race last year, now 2 days this year. I will definitely be there spectating on Saturday.

Cool, you want to join my pit crew? We pay with beer.
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/18/13 09:44 PM

I'm planning on the Stick race for Sunday. Can't make Saturday's event.
Posted By: 11secaarcuda

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/19/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You qualify

Quote:

Cool, you want to join my pit crew? We pay with beer.

Larry, I'll have the whole pit crew with me.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/24/13 01:28 AM

Anybody know if the NSS race will be index or dial? Can you camp there on Friday night if you come to test and tune?
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/24/13 03:39 AM

Quote:

Anybody know if the NSS race will be index or dial? Can you camp there on Friday night if you come to test and tune?

Glen are you coming up???

It's to be run on a dial in but the end number has to be a 5 or a zero! My plan is to be there Saturday morning!

Russ
Posted By: mockster

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/24/13 09:16 AM

Russ see u there Sat. Rick

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/25/13 01:56 AM

Yes I am

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/25/13 02:13 AM

Right now planning on going test and tune friday night, be the first one this year, and probably the last
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/25/13 03:43 AM

Rick and Glen see you there Saturday morning ----

Friday test and tune maybe but not likely....

Russ

Re: PID/Keystone Raceway Reunion at Pitts Raceway Park - 09/25/13 04:26 PM

This facebook page might be helpful....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1411971915685672/

Just to reiterate, the Tri State Stock/SS group is hosting a separate event at PRP this weekend. Although there are NSS cars allowed to compete with them, the Bud's Auto Sales NSS is a separate program all together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums